What's new

Pakistan's HIT offers to upgrade Bangladeshi MBT fleet

yes , we have other tanks LOL
44 MBT-2000 LOL ???

Bangladesh needs to get NG AL-Khalid MBT.

Message for the Bangladeshi official who took my advice regarding upgrade of Type-59/69 fleet. ( :P )

Sir please consider our Next Generation AL-Khalid for your Army. I invite you to visit IDEAS 2014 where it'll be unveiled. :D

Type69MK2G heavily modified version to 3rd generation standard.
around 400 units
Than you should get rest upgraded to Al-Zarrar standards and get around 400 new 3rd Generation Tanks

Daksh Nakra, Bangalore - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
28 May 2014

Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Pakistan's state-owned tank and armoured vehicle manufacturing unit, has offered to modernise Bangladesh's ageing T-54/Type 59 and Type 69 main battle tanks (MBTs).

Brigadier GM Qureshi (rtd), director of Budget, Marketing and Procurement at HIT, told IHS Jane's the company had offered to upgrade the MBTs to the Al-Zarrar configuration "as per Bangladeshi requirements".

"The options include complete upgrade of the tanks or priority-based upgrade of power pack and transmission coupled with protection system or installation of new fire-control system with battle management system," he said. "The dialogue is in progress with Bangladesh to assess their requirements and we have the capability and flexibility to deliver any type of comprehensive solution."

(115 of 641 words)

Pakistan's HIT offers to upgrade Bangladeshi MBT fleet - IHS Jane's 360

@Loki @BDforever @Aeronaut @Armstrong @fatman17

BD will most likely get the chinese to do the upgrade because the chinese will offer a loan.

Type69MK2G heavily modified version to 3rd generation standard.
around 400 units
Those also need composite armor upgrade. I think HIT will be doing those too.

BTW according to wiki, there are 185 of those in service with your Army.

I thought BD already signed contract with China to build a worshop for all those works.

According to SIPRI, Bangladesh ordered 300 Type-59G upgrade kits from China in 2009 and 155 out of BA's 300 Type 59/69 tanks had been rebuilt to Type-59G in Bangladesh with kits from China (as of 31 December 2013). Then the discussions are in progress for what ??

@Aeronaut @fatman17 @BDforever @RAMPAGE

Untitled.png

According to SIPRI, Bangladesh ordered 300 Type-59G upgrade kits from China in 2009 and 155 out of BA's 300 Type 59/69 tanks had been rebuilt to Type-59G in Bangladesh with kits from China (as of 31 December 2013). Then the discussions are in progress for what ??

@Aeronaut @fatman17 @BDforever @RAMPAGE

View attachment 33092
thanks for the info :D it is actually the MBT tanks, not kits. BD has plan to buy 300 Type59G tanks from china and according to your info 155 units are already delivered to BD :bunny:

meanwhile pakistan offered upgrades program for bangladesh's aging type59 tanks (around 250) :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom