What's new

Pakistan's foreign minister Bilawal Zardari humiliated himself in US

Yes. Do you see a slave in the photos below or a genuine leader representing Pakistan?View attachment 845949View attachment 845950
He isn't the only one who has represented Pakistan like this. Countless pictures of a very assured Musharraf, Zia, Bhutto, Ayub Khan have been around.
The fact that you have to get down to petty insults to put a young FM down is what is embarrassing but I am not surprised.

Unlike some, I believe if someone is representing Pakistan overseas, I will give them respect specially when they have done nothing wrong except to not meet some misperceived, silly standards of loyalty to Pakistan.

Again... The question is ... What is Bilawal's qualifications for such a position other then his family?

Questioning nepotism is a very 'mature' question.
What the hell was SMQ's qualification for the FM's role? Were either of them career FO officials? No, so why make a fuss over BZ? Or for that matter pick any other FM in Pakistan's history. They are all political appointees and not a single one was a Foreign Office careerist.

Nepotism would be if his father, mother or a sibling were the PM or President of Pakistan and had him appointed FM. That is not the case, he has no other member of his direct family in the government. He is in the assembly on an elected seat and the PDM decided he is their FM for Pakistan.

Last edited:
its not for 33 y/o young man

I never go by age. In I.T. I have worked with 24 year olds who could run circles around 54 year olds in terms of knowledge and ability.

My objection to Bilawal is that he has not earned anything in his life. His schooling, his wealth, his political career. Every single thing he has is inherited.

He says Pakistan must not be punished because his country's former PM visited Russia!!! What kind of freaking defense is this! What has Pakistan or ex PM done wrong by visiting Russia that it deserved a punishment from US? Is this how foreign minister of a sovereign nation talks?
Perhaps he could have phrased it better. Perhaps I could have phrased it better. Perhaps you could have phrased it better. I am not the foreign minister of Pakistan, so it does not matter whether or not I could have phrased it better. Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari is the foreign minister, and of course, each Pakistani will have a view on how he comports himself.

We need to remember that he is there, standing up and representing his country, and nobody else. So what he might have done better, in a hypothetical way, according to one of us who is not there, is relevant as all criticism is. It is good if it corrects the criticised action or position, it is no good if it merely categorises the action or position.

It is better to agree among yourselves that the position is one that required a wiser head and a greater experience, rather than to criticise individual positions taken.

The fact that you have to get down to petty insults to put a young FM down is what is embarrassing but I am not surprised.

Unlike some, I believe if someone is representing Pakistan overseas, I will give them respect specially when they have done nothing wrong except to not meet some misperceived, silly standards of loyalty to Pakistan.
👍👍👍

He says Pakistan must not be punished because his country's former PM visited Russia!!! What kind of freaking defense is this?! What has Pakistan or ex PM done wrong by visiting Russia that it deserved a punishment from US? Is this how foreign minister of a sovereign nation talks?

To be fair, I didn't like Imran Khan's response either when he was questioned about his Russia visit. He said something like it was not his personal decision and that he consulted Bajwa before going.

Why should a Pakistani PM defend his foreign policy decisions to the US? Does the German Chancellor or the Chinese President or the French President offer such explanations?

Of course, no matter what he had said, the opposition and the lifafa media would have given him a hard time anyway, but still...

My objection to Bilawal is that he has not earned anything in his life. His schooling, his wealth, his political career. Every single thing he has is inherited.
That is not so easy.

Your IT wunderkinder would never have got the education they needed, to be able to access the skills training they needed, unless they had parents who were able to offer them such opportunities. Everything, from the atmosphere at home that encouraged academic achievement, to the company that he kept at school and at college, or institution, or whichever place he attended for his tertiary education, all contributed.

Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari is the foreign minister, and of course, each Pakistani will have a view on how he comports himself.

Only kings and queens gain their position by heredity and get automatic allegiance. Everybody else is expected to earn their appointment.

I never go by age. In I.T. I have worked with 24 year olds who could run circles around 54 year olds in terms of knowledge and ability.

I don't care for any of that. Bilawal is representing Pakistan not American or Western interests. It's not his job to play defeatist and say Pakistan should not be punished because ex PM visited Russia. That's my main concern with foreign minister - his appeasing attitude with the Americans. His photo poses are trivial matter and not much of my concern.

its not for 33 y/o young man
Really? ZAB was Pakistan's FM at the age of 35.

Sana Marin, Finland's PM is 36 years of age.

Hina Rabbani Khar was 35 years of age when she became FM.

Jacinda Arden became PM of NZ at age 36.

So it's all about perspective.

We have had some old duffers in the FM role and some really good old ones as well. The same can be said about the younger crop.

To be fair, I didn't like Imran Khan's response either when he was questioned about his Russia visit. He said something like it was not his personal decision and that he consulted Bajwa before going.

Why should a Pakistani PM defend his foreign policy decisions to the US? Does the German Chancellor or the Chinese President or the French President offer such explanations?

Of course, no matter what he had said, the opposition and the lifafa media would have given him a hard time anyway, but still...
An excellent point.

That's my main concern with foreign minister - his appeasing attitude with the Americans.
He could hardly have taken a belligerent stand with them.

That is not so easy.

Your IT wunderkinder would never have got the education they needed, to be able to access the skills training they needed, unless they had parents who were able to offer them such opportunities. Everything, from the atmosphere at home that encouraged academic achievement, to the company that he kept at school and at college, or institution, or whichever place he attended for his tertiary education, all contributed.

Not a big factor. Public schooling and public university educated in New York. Home culture surely played a part but that can be provided in poor, immigrant households also.

Really? ZAB was Pakistan's FM at the age of 35.
except for ripping apart papers was he any good ?- as a PM his foreign policy was excellent, true
but as a young FM under a dictator, not too sure
Sana Marin, Finland's PM is 36 years of age.
whities shouldn't be used as an example, their society and countries are much different than ours
Hina Rabbani Khar was 35 years of age when she became FM.
exactly my point- by all means, she wasn't any good either
actually this proves my point
Jacinda Arden became PM of NZ at age 36.
whities shouldn't be used as an example, their society and countries are much different than ours
So it's all about perspective.

We have had some old duffers in the FM role and some really good old ones as well. The same can be said about the younger crop.

I don't care for any of that. Bilawal is representing Pakistan not American or Western interests. It's not his job to play defeatist and say Pakistan should not be punished because ex PM visited Russia. That's my main concern with foreign minister - his appeasing attitude with the Americans. His photo poses are trivial matter and not much of my concern.
Changing narrative. First it started with "the way" he looks and then shifts to what he said.

He is communicating what the GoP wants him to say to do some bridge building.

We can always say we should only be representing Pakistan's interests but our interests have to be aligned to the power-centers of the world. That is because unfortunately the leverage is not with us.

Speaking as an outsider, and as a person whose country's foreign minister embarrasses him, it is perhaps easiest just to say that perhaps your man needed some more training, perhaps he was not even the best man (or woman!) for the job, but you are stuck with him for the moment.

except for ripping apart peppers was he any good ?- as a PM his foreign policy was good, true
but as a young FM under a dictator, not too sure

exactly my point- by all means, she wasn't any good either

What peppers did he rip apart? I am not sure what you are alluding to here.

Second, Why? Are the other nations from another planet for us to not compare ourselves with?

Last, what do you mean by she wasn't good etc? Was SMQ any good? One could point out the multitude of failures on his end too (even though I actually like the gentleman but I liked HRK as well).

He could hardly have taken a belligerent stand with them.
You should have seen how your India's foreign minister responded Americans when questioned about their growing oil imports from Russia. That's how foreign minister of a sovereign nation responds. Not like that slave Bilawal

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom