What's new

Pakistan's Forbidden? Murry with Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this whole documentary of this beer made by Parsis I guess in Pakistan, it's only for consumption by non-muslims in Pakistan and for export!!

Hi
everybody knows about Murree Brewery in Pakistan, General Musharraf's government tried to legalize drinking in Pakistan under the pretext that "the numbers of drug addicts are rising so alcohol should be made legal" but they failed. besides this isn't only the place from where you can buy liquor just call any of those five star hotels & they will deliver it to your house

There is a lot of Alchohol consumed in Pakistan, you people think that 170 million are all religious.

Come to a party or some other gathering and see the alcohol flow like the rivers of babylon.

I personally do not drink but around a lot of people in my area do drink.

Murree Brewery is one of the oldest trading and high quality alcoholic .

news-graphics-2007-_444981a.jpg

2604439872_8c9791ece6.jpg

MURREE BREWERY COMPANY

You people should try it, this is one reason we have to legalize drinking as we can make a killing with this business.

Hi
everybody knows about Murree Brewery in Pakistan, General Musharraf's government tried to legalize drinking in Pakistan under the pretext that "the numbers of drug addicts are rising so alcohol should be made legal" but they failed. besides this isn't only the place from where you can buy liquor just call any of those five star hotels & they will deliver it to your house

But that would cost a lot if you order from 5 star, I still remember my Delhi College days. Me, my Rs 35 Old Monk rum and my car. I used to complete driving and seeing most of Delhi before my bottle used to get over and I was in perfect state to return home....those were the days :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Actually someone is working on legalizing alcohol in Pakistan again, it is for the best and should be done soon.

Some western journalists who are in India come to Pakistan especially for this.

The Pakistan Malt Whisky Society

Pakistan is a rum place to go for a drink, and yet for the determined dram-lover exiled on the Indian sub-continent, it is the only place for decent whisky. It’s a hard one to fathom. India has plenty of distilleries, many of them older than some in Scotland, yet its whiskies are undrinkable frauds – distilled molasses, untainted by malted barley, funny rum at best.

Vijay Mallya’s McDowell single malt is as good as it gets: just five year old, insipid, and serves only as a reminder that you need a break: When you find yourself saying “mmm, not bad, actually,” you know it’s time to call the travel agent.

On the other hand, you could cross the Wagah border to Pakistan where the Bhandari family produce the excellent Murree 12 year old Special Reserve. I was introduced to it by the late Minoo Bhandari, the Parsi former minorities minister under dictator General Zia ul-Haq. We met in Delhi where he was preparing to launch his 18 year old malt, and I thought it would make a fun feature: A country where drinking is an offence for the overwhelming majority having the nerve to think it could produce a single malt.

Minoo had smuggled out a few tasting bottles, and poured the drams in his room at Delhi’s India International Centre as he explained how Scotch whisky experts had told him to forget his plans to produce a single malt in the 1960s: You need Scotland’s water, they told him.

I was wondering how I’d hide it if, as likely, it was revolting. No need though, and we had another two. What amazed me was that it tasted, to my palette, almost identical to Lochside, a flowery seaside whisky from a long-closed distillery in Montrose.

My brother had bought me a bottle as a gift some years earlier, and it shared its floral flavour with a whisky produced from grimy Rawalpindi’s groundwater. You wouldn’t want to drink Pindi’s water before it has been to the centre of the earth and back, so the idea that it might produce a passable whisky is extraordinary. Minoo hadn’t tasted Lochside, but suggested the similarities could be because of the saltiness of the water: Rawalpindi’s water is drawn through a salt pan.

This week, the UN’s delayed report on the assassination of Benazir Bhutto took me to Islamabad, but not before a quick stop off in Lahore to visit Faridkot House, a graveyard of government files where foreigners must register their weakness and infidel faith before excise officers to get the prized permit you need to buy alcohol.

It opens the door to the grubby underworld of Pakistan’s “permit rooms”, hidden basement warehouses, usually tucked away at the back of chain hotels and teeming with Christian dealers who control its distribution. Sadly, its export is banned from Muslim Pakistan, so a guaranteed source of foreign currency remains a hidden gem, a pleasure reserved for those prepared to cross the border, drink tea with excise officials and wait for them to break out the sealing press.

Right now, it’s in my suitcase, and the long and gruelling journey back across the Wagah border is made a little more bearable by the thought that it’ll be in my glass by sundown.

The Pakistan Malt Whisky Society – Telegraph Blogs

This is run by a Parsi, he is a very good man.

Even state of Gujrat has made some area where it's legal to sell alcohol in order to attract businesses before that it used to be Gandhi baba state where Alcohol was prohibited.

For those of you who are not aware, Murry Brewery also makes soft drinks such as

Big Apple
ad_bigapple.gif

Murry brewery also have non-alcoholic products why people are not discussing them..... Big apple and Malt 79 are cool products I guess ...:pakistan:

AS FOR AS ALCOHOL IS CONCERNED,IT IS NOT A SCIENTIFIC PROBLEM HERE BUT SOME RELIGIOUS ISSUE.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom