What's new

Pakistan's First A Level Hybrid School

In my humble opinion A level curriculum based on the UK is too theoritcal. I would prefer that Pakistanis should switch over to the IB (International Bacculaureate Diploma) instead. IB is recognized allover the world including the UK institutions of highr education.
O and A levels are also highly respected and recognized all over the world especially the ones from the Cambridge board. Since I haven't studied IB or done any research on it I will not compare it with O and A levels. Can you kindly explain how the IB curriculum is more practical oriented than O and A levels?

O and A levels are also highly respected and recognized all over the world especially the ones from the Cambridge board. Since I haven't studied IB or done any research on it I will not compare it with O and A levels. Can you kindly explain how the IB curriculum is more practical oriented than O and A levels?
It’s more research and experience based learning right from the beginning with emphasis on inquiry and discovering.

Last edited:

IB program (HQ in Geneva) only statred in 1968. I had also not heard of it until I visited Singapore in th 1980's. Now it is one of very popular higher Secondary Education Diploma iall over Far East. I was very impresed by the breadth of Knowledge of the son of a friend who came to Oxford after completing his IB Dimploma in Singapore. Now quite a few Pakistanis I know who work in the Midlle East send their kids to Singapore for the IB. Understand it is much cheaper for them and also as good (if not better) than doing A level in the UK. You could easily get all the info about it from the internet.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer IB curriculum compared to Cambridge system.

As long as it's not Matric / FSc, either of the above are fine (as well as American APs) --- as long as it's a globally competitive standard, it's fine.

I also personally prefer the IB system more.

Pakistan also needs to fix it's degree system aswell, as trying to "pass off a 2 year BSc degree as a degree is a joke". I think Sindh is "holding" out on the latest recommendations on this - and by doing so they are doing a disservice to the students of Pakistan as no one else in the world recognises a 2year degree as a proper degree.

Pakistan's First A Levels Hybrid School

00:00 – Intro
00:36 - Education Challenges in Pakistan?
06:06 - What is the Traditional education vs A levels Education in Pakistan?
09:07 - What is Home bridge?
13:24 - What do you mean by the term “social mobility”?
16:35 – What made you launch a Hybrid A-Level program?
19:24 - How is A-level different from FSC in terms of Pedagogy, exams etc. And What will be the duration of the A-level Program?
21:31 - How different is the Traditional FSC Exams?
22:36 - Home bridge is Pakistan's first and only registered online school to offer Cambridge International A Levels.
24:38 - The majority of people in Pakistan cannot afford quality education because of financial constraints. How is Home bridge going to help them with their educational needs?
29:06 - Why matriculation students? Wouldn’t it be difficult for them to make the transition from Matric to A-Levels?
30:54 - Who is the target audience for Home bridge?
34:11 - Does Home Bridge offer different payment structures?
35:05 - Do applicants have to appear for an entrance test?
35:51 - In Pakistan there are many educational boards and the curriculum is different in every province, will Home Bridge have the same curriculum for all provinces?
36:39 - What is the scholarship criteria?
37:55 - Easily access to get online education?
40:13 - What type or kind of extracurricular activities Home bridge will be offering?
4: - Will the cost be part of the program.
43:45 - What are the benefits of CAIE and Home bridge Partnership?
45:34 - FSC is given preference in universities rather than A Levels?
49:18 - How will students appear for exams online?
51:31 – Is A levels done by only those students who wish to go abroad for higher education?
53:04 – How’s Home bridge Hybrid A level going to help students in shaping their career?
59:15 - How many cities provide the Home Bridge Education?
01:01:54 - what has been your experience with online learning? How has the feedback been from students and respective parents?
01:03:28 - Economic Situation in Pakistan. How to contribute Home bridge education?
01:07:23 - Outro

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @TNT @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Tipu7 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @White and Green with M/S @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @VCheng
Haven't CA and ACCA teaching institutes been doing this for years now ?
Seems like a paid advertisment... IMO

Back
Top Bottom