What's new

Pakistan's financial capital Karachi turned 'into rubbish bin'

It feels like PPP has this agenda to ruin Karachi for not being a wadera backyard like the rest of Sindh and so they always have to make an alliance with the ruling party in Karachi. I hope the upcoming census helps in seriously shaving down these bas****s' power in Sindh.

I don't really understand people blamming the government. Maybe part of the problem is government's fault,but don't you think it's also people's fault if the streets turn into large open garbage ? Why don't they question themselves ?
I don't live in Pakistan,even less in Karachi,maybe I don't know the reality there,so if someone can shed me some light.
Questioning or admitting fault is forbidden in Pakistan.

Our people cannot handle democracy - social responsibility is non-existent. Our kind of people are better suited to monarchies. In general, monarchies are doing far better than us, specifically those in the Arab world. Kuwait, Jordan, etc. Monarchies tie the bloodline to the country. No king would accept his country be dirty or debt ridden. Its a matter of personal pride. Democracy means fool the populace, get elected. Take out loans that will impact the future generations and when they come due - ride off into the sunset. There is no continuity in democracy. Every incumbent can blame away his problems on the predecessor. At the smallest hint of conflict - the politician will flee. There is no skin in the game. Just random thoughts, sickens me that this beautiful land is destroyed.

Karachi's garbage issue is a tragedy. A lot of blame game between authorities, lack of facility, long round trip between garbage point to landfill sites, differences in jurisdiction, corruption and lack of discipline I guess are the reasons for the mess.

In general, monarchies are doing far better than us, specifically those in the Arab world. Kuwait, Jordan, etc
What you are not taking into account for those countries you mentioned is that their revenue is tied to oil. You might want to have a look at Zimbabwe, North Korea,etc as well. I don't know which system is better for our nation, but I think its the enforcement of laws in whichever system is what makes the difference. Without the enforcement and implementation of laws, both system can be failures.

Karachi's garbage issue is a tragedy. A lot of blame game between authorities, lack of facility, long round trip between garbage point to landfill sites, differences in jurisdiction, corruption and lack of discipline I guess are the reasons for the mess.

What you are not taking into account for those countries you mentioned is that their revenue is tied to oil. You might want to have a look at Zimbabwe, North Korea,etc as well. I don't know which system is better for our nation, but I think its the enforcement of laws in whichever system is what makes the difference. Without the enforcement and implementation of laws, both system can be failures.

Historically, we have been living under a monarchy like system for far, far longer than democracy. Yes, Zimbabwe is a failed state as many other African nations. They historically lived in tribal dominions. We had vast gunpowder empires here in this land. There is a difference. I purposely quoted Jordan for the reason it does not have oil. Even if we had oil, our politicians would sell all the rights to foreigners, just like they sold everything else and then go live in the west after their tenure is over. There ARE poor oil rich nations too. Democracy fails because there is no skin in the game. It mainly succeeds in mono-ethic highly educated societies; Israel, Iceland, etc. Everywhere else its failing. I too hope we find a system better suited to our history and culture.

It's funny to see ruling party pointing fingers on opposition.
Is it always public and social media who have to educate advisers of Imran Khan, incl. informing them that trash is piling up? I mean trash collection and general cleaning of cities is basic administrative task where PTI is failing miserably, as compare to their predecessors.
Current regime is behaving as if they have a target of 5 years to bring Pakistan back to stone age.

Last edited:
Did I understand this correctly? the thread opened in 2017, the OP says that the mayor Waseem Akhtar complained he has no money and no power and that the power was with Sindh government (PPP), former mayor Mustafa Kamal said problem was with his political rivals. PPP was the provincial government when thread was created and still is today.

Your own post is on the first page blaming Zardari (PPP)
Just reflections of Zardari and his tribe's love for Pakistan.
Public of Karachi, should dump all of this trash at Balawal house.

in the same thread after 3 years you are saying the below?

It's funny to see ruling party pointing fingers on opposition.
Is it always public and social media who have to educate advisers of Imran Khan, incl. informing them that trash is piling up? I mean trash collection and general cleaning of cities is basic administrative task where PTI is failing miserably, as compare to their predecessors.
Current regime is behaving as if they have a target of 5 years to bring Pakistan back to stone age.

Back
Top Bottom