What's new

Pakistan’s dirty bomb threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan reserves to follow any policy it sees fit to secure its position both politically and physically. I don't see why it should concern any country. As far as the dirty bomb threat goes, I have already written and dismissed it as a sci-fi enthusiast's wet dream.

Pakistan reserves to follow any policy it sees fit to secure its position both politically and physically. I don't see why it should concern any country. As far as the dirty bomb threat goes, I have already written and dismissed it as a sci-fi enthusiast's wet dream.

Wait are you telling me that 'Dirty Bomb' isn't the name of a strip club here in Pakistan ? :what:

Where is the dirty bomb, RDD( radiation dispersal device) in the article?

Such TNWs would have a yield of about two KT each (the Hiroshima Uranium bomb was 14 KT, and Nagasaki plutonium bomb was 22 KT) and a damage radius (a combination of blast, heat, pressure and radiation) of below one km, depending on the height of bomb explosion.
It also depends upon the Yeild too, soft counterforce and countervalue targets are targetted by Air bursts and height is set to maximize the PSI range which will destroy maximum infrastructure. usually 10PSI

Pakistan's nuclear weapons, the constant source of diarrhea to Indians.

Crap article with too much factual inaccuracies and sensationalist drama stuff . Not even worth reading and then refuting seriously . No need to waste time on this .

Crap article with too much factual inaccuracies and sensationalist drama stuff . Not even worth reading and then refuting seriously . No need to waste time on this .

My sentiments exactly, which is why I thought a simple disclaimer is enough.

UN should act to denuclearize pakistan for the sake of world peace and stability in the region.

That is a lollypop you have got to lick up, no matter you like how it tastes or not.

Nothing better than the enemy having to cry a river, its so pleasent... Tut tut tut tut. :D

Every bomb is a dirty bomb ,nothing dirty and what we carry that you don't india .One must be prepared to defend themselves times have changed and are changing even more day by day. The main thing to keep in mind is peace trying to work towards it pointing out and crying about each other wepons won't help simply.

Rishtoon ke bhi Roop badalte hainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ,

I remember the phocking dhun but forgot the lyrics(Thanks to Allah). Damn those worse days when I was tryin to sleep at night and my khalaz and little cousins were getting mad to watch this idiotic serial.

I was always against these serials too much materialism was promoted and I sensed these were being used to plant hatred among family members.

we have already Mega Tone range nuclear weapons
Realy? source please
Few Mega Tone range is enough for levelling a country like pakistan,Since it dont have ABM counter measures
Do you even know the effects Radii of multi megatonners,
Nobody is stocking Multi megatonners anymore.
10 well placed 50kt MIRVs/warheads are more effective than a single 1 MT detonation
counter value targets are always dealt this way
Plan for attack on leningrad.jpg

Pakistan is the most likeliest of a source for a dirty bomb.

They are exploiting the political chaos in Pakistan in a bid to acquire nuclear material for a 'spectacular' attack.

At least one plot has been uncovered involving Pakistani-based terrorists planning to use nuclear material against a major European target.

Osama bin Laden's al-Qa'eda terror group, whose terrorist infrastructure is based in the province of Waziristan in northwest Pakistan, is known to be trying to acquire nuclear technology to use in terror attacks against the West.

Other militant Islamist groups in Pakistan, such as the newly formed Pakistani Taliban, have also shown an interest in developing weapons with a nuclear capability, according to Western security officials.

Security chiefs fear the mounting political instability in Pakistan will make it easier for militant Islamist groups to develop a primitive nuclear device.

Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is subject to stringent security safeguards put in place with the help of the American military when Mr Musharraf was in office. But there is mounting concern within Western security circles that Islamic terror groups will gain access to Pakistan's expertise in developing terrorist weapons containing nuclear material.
Terror groups developing 'dirty bomb', say security chiefs - Telegraph

A U.S. citizen has been arrested in connection with an "unfolding terrorist plot" to explode a radioactive dirty bomb in the United States, Attorney General John Ashcroft announced today.

Ashcroft said Abdullah al Muhajir, also known as Jose Padilla, of Chicago, trained with al Qaeda and was planning an attack in the United States.

"We have disrupted an unfolding terrorist plot to attack the United States by exploding a radioactive dirty bomb," Ashcroft said, adding that al Muhajir was being treated as an enemy combatant.

Ashcroft said al Muhajir is a former Chicago street gang member who converted to Islam while in prison in the early 1990s. After serving his time, he traveled to Afghanistan and Pakistan for training in al Qaeda camps, where he was taught how to wire explosive devices and researched radiological dispersion devices, Ashcroft said.

Officials: Dirty Bomb Plot Disrupted - ABC News

In May [2009] one such phrase, plucked from routine phone intercepts, sent a translator bolting from his chair at the National Security Agency’s listening station at Fort Meade, Maryland. The words were highlighted in a report that was rushed to a supervisor’s office, then to the executive floor of CIA headquarters, and finally to the desk of Leon Panetta, now in his third month as CIA director.

Nuclear devices.

Panetta read the report and read it again. In a wiretap in the tribal province known as South Waziristan, two Taliban commanders had been overheard talking about Baitullah Mehsud, the short, thuggish Pashtun who had recently assumed command of Paksitan’s largest alliance of Taliban groups. It was an animated discussion about an acquisition of great importance, one that would ensure Mehsud’s defeat of Pakistan’s central government and elevate his standing among the world’s jihadists. One of the men used the Pashto termitami, meaning “atomic” or “nuclear.” Mehsud had itami devices, he said. (62-63)

Shortly thereafter, the government intercepted Mehsud’s shura council debating whether Islam permitted the use of Mehsud’s devices. Ultimately, the CIA concluded Mehsud had acquired a dirty bomb and started targeting him (including killing a close associate in hopes Mehsud would show up at his funeral; the Administration targeted the funeral but didn’t get Mehsud).

- See more at: What Happened to Mehsud’s Dirty Bomb? | emptywheel

UN should act to denuclearize pakistan for the sake of world peace and stability in the region.

Than your Mummy put some cold water on your face and sing " utho beta Aankhen kholo , bistar choro aur mun dholo , itna soona thek nai , waqt ka khona thek nai , Suraj nikal taray bhaage duniya wale Saree jaage " :dance3::dance3:

Paranoia article - one more addition to the media frenzy against Pakistan fledgling Islamic bomb.

This "dirty bomb" has saved Pakistan numerous times from foreign invasion.
Our stockpile is only getting larger.

Side effects include.

1. Psychological problems for Indians
2. Brain farts for Indians on forums.
3. Increase of laughter for Pakistani's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom