What's new

Pakistan's breathtaking Makran Coastal Highway

Arizona does not have a beach, dude.

Oh really?

what is this then?

Arizona Beach - Lake Beaches - Lake Havasu, Arizona

You’d think that in a landlocked state like Arizona, the situation would be grim for beach lovers. Not so! Lake Havasu (also known as Arizona’s West Coast) serves up a supreme (and the only) Arizona beach experience: beautiful sandy lake beaches and clean, clear, fresh water that’s comfortable for swimming most of the year. With little or no waves, and virtually no biting insects, it’s perfect for cooling off in the summer when temperatures soar, and it remains warm and relaxing like bathwater well into fall.

havasu_int_photo-beaches2.jpg

From Karachi to Gawadar, Makran Coastal Highway is truly a symbol of pride for all Pakistani's.

2528263078_8149c1575a_b.jpg

2527422157_472b2e1715_b.jpg

1246552413_image002.jpg

2363882429_9596263456_o.jpg

2528254320_3fffc93b2f_b.jpg

coastalhighway.jpg

2z7eh6v.jpg

2i0epvn.jpg

We are blessed with so much beauty but we make no effort to decorate or beautify it further. I think if we import some palm trees or use the seeds of indigenous palm trees we can grow a small tropical rain forest of our own.

The more trees we grow the cleaner the air.

.......and we are hell bent, as a nation, on losing this amazing piece of our nation.

Are you doing this solo or with some other rider/s? Amazing stuff. Would love to know more about it if possible. Do you have a blog or something where I can follow?

The plan was for a duo, myself and another biker, coincidently he is Indian to travel togther onto Turkey. Altogether about 8 of us are travelling through Europe, all the way to Ancona, Italy. We then go together where he plans to cross the Wagah border, but his bike is f@&£ed now so it's looks like only me now going all the way

wow great place i always wonder every Pakistani region & its ppls have totally different & out of the world beauty it makes Pakistan a unique country in the world.

& am from tht country wow thanks to God

You guys have dalda dabbas too - nice! :)

P.S. That's what we call these local after market exhaust slipons - lots of noise, zero performance!! LOL

P.P.S Those sand drifts are lethal in the night. Keep shifting as well. We have them even on NH8 through Rajasthan, not to mention the smaller roads.

The plan was for a duo, myself and another biker, coincidently he is Indian to travel togther onto Turkey. Altogether about 8 of us are travelling through Europe, all the way to Ancona, Italy. We then go together where he plans to cross the Wagah border, but his bike is f@&£ed now so it's looks like only me now going all the way

But how is he going to ride through Pakistan?

How complicated, time consuming, and expensive is it to arrange for the Visas and bike Carnets for all the countries you guys will be passing through? Or are you a UK citizen so the EU should be easy? Sorry for going OT. This is just so cool - you will be doing what a lot of us dream about. :)

i heard that it is just a strategic highway and not for public transportaion etc.... & you can't see any gas station along the road..

You guys have dalda dabbas too - nice! :)

P.S. That's what we call these local after market exhaust slipons - lots of noise, zero performance!! LOL

Hey dont call it a dalda dabba lol. its a suzuki GS 150 motor bike and it comes with this exhaust genuine. No noise, i can vouch for it as i had one for 5 years and performance compared to other local Pakistani bikes is way better. But then again i am only making a local comparison. The Indian GS 150 is way cooler.

Hey dont call it a dalda dabba lol. its a suzuki GS 150 motor bike and it comes with this exhaust genuine. No noise, i can vouch for it as i had one for 5 years and performance compared to other local Pakistani bikes is way better. But then again i am only making a local comparison. The Indian GS 150 is way cooler.

Oh that's pretty nice then. Was basing my assumption on the pretty large diameter of the outlet. Most stock exhausts on Indian bikes look like a bad case of phimosis! Blame the emission and noise norms of course, but still ....

But how is he going to ride through Pakistan?

How complicated, time consuming, and expensive is it to arrange for the Visas and bike Carnets for all the countries you guys will be passing through? Or are you a UK citizen so the EU should be easy? Sorry for going OT. This is just so cool - you will be doing what a lot of us dream about. :)

We are both UK Passport holders hence will be travelling through to Greece on that.... Once we have entered Turkey, a £10 payment will allow a Visa into Turkey. Iran is the bigger problem and this Visa will be organised in London before travel as it can take 2-3 months for approval. Pakistan is easy for me as I hold a Nadra card. So all in all not much of a problem. Just trying to get bike maintenance is the main issue once out of Europe but that will be part of the risks on going. I am planning on having a tracker for people to monitor movements on a daily basis but this is a back burner thing right now. Even if the Iran Vusa does not get approved or arrive in time I still plan on reaching the Iranian order for experience and go again in 2013 inshallah

We are both UK Passport holders hence will be travelling through to Greece on that.... Once we have entered Turkey, a £10 payment will allow a Visa into Turkey. Iran is the bigger problem and this Visa will be organised in London before travel as it can take 2-3 months for approval. Pakistan is easy for me as I hold a Nadra card. So all in all not much of a problem. Just trying to get bike maintenance is the main issue once out of Europe but that will be part of the risks on going. I am planning on having a tracker for people to monitor movements on a daily basis but this is a back burner thing right now. Even if the Iran Vusa does not get approved or arrive in time I still plan on reaching the Iranian order for experience and go again in 2013 inshallah

All the best mate. Fair winds and easy roads! Start a topic here and try to keep us updated with photos.

Beautiful pictures. Now all we need is to improve the law and order situation. Everything will fall into place

i heard that it is just a strategic highway and not for public transportaion etc.... & you can't see any gas station along the road..

the highway is built to connect karachi to gawadar and the rest of pakistan, gwadar is a future port city until it is functional,you wont see major development in the traffic and facilities on the highway

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom