What's new

Pakistan's "battlefield" nukes risk nuclear war: IISS think tank

I dont think there is possibility of a nuclear exchange as long as Punjabi Muslims are the dominant group in Pakistan. These guys, while full of bluff and bluster and false machismo, are not hotheads. They love life too much to invite death for any cause. While Kashmir is a desirable trophy, its not worth dying for. The problem will come only if the Taliban / Pukhtoon types get their hands on the bombs. They are the non-thinking martyr types.

You are right on this. Pashtuns are a daredevil crazy bunch ,violent to the hilt.

What's the need of any policy..... it's so simple...... they invade...... we nuke them on our land...... they retaliate...... we go thermonuclear......then they go thermonuclear with their "true triad"....... what's there not to understand?

Everyone dead..... simple as that...... MAD........ SAMOSA OPTION.......

YOU MISSED OUT THE FIRST STEP HYPE. :disagree:

@Secur I have heard that we both countries don't exactly have a MAD stockpile, the MAX collective yeild is said to be just a Few Megatons..
Any truth in it?

YOU MISSED OUT THE FIRST STEP HYPE. :disagree:
And what would that be?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Secur I have heard that we both countries don't exactly have a MAD stockpile, the MAX collective yeild is said to be just a Few Megatons..
Any truth in it?

And what would that be?

HYPE KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure! In an armoured thrust by India, use the tactical nukes and Radiate your own Punjabi heartland.:yahoo:

We lose a couple of thousand soldiers while you lose millions to Radiation and poison your land for all times to come.

Typical Punjabi Muslim thinking. Cant see beyond your nose.

Tactical nukes will have to be used on your own land if India invades. Ready to radiate your country for killing a few thousand Indian soldiers?

The radioactive material will be carried into your water system and air and as much of India cultivates your Punjab the toll on your nations health will be almost the same as ours. It is stupid to think that nuclear strikes by any of the two nations will 'save' anything. Are you too willing to lose your countrymen? What if your mother develops cancer after a Pakistani nuclear strike in which perhaps Pakistan is a radioactive wasteland. Will the victory be as sweet? Will you still clap?

What's the need of any policy..... it's so simple...... they invade...... we nuke them on our land...... they retaliate...... we go thermonuclear......then they go thermonuclear with their "true triad"....... what's there not to understand?

Everyone dead..... simple as that...... MAD........ SAMOSA OPTION.......

Why would we nuke them on our land? If we have to risk going nuclear why not their land then??

Our conventional forces can hold them on border easily.

If they invade we have no choice but to fire a Nuke even if its tactical, we should nuke other side of the border, they will retreat think how serious we are, but if not we would fire more nukes, why stop at one when the enemy will response in a bigger nuclear attack.

Do you know what is a nuclear bomb or a nuclear attack?

Forget nuclear bombs, have you seen a bomb explode in your life? A single 10Kilo TNT? Have you witnessed its effect on a (say) 4 story building? Trust me - I have big guys $hit in their pants by the sound and the immediate aftermath. :ashamed:
Why would we nuke them on our land? If we have to risk going nuclear why not their land then??

If they invade we have no choice but to fire a Nuke even if its tactical, we should nuke other side of the border, they will retreat think how serious we are, but if not we would fire more nukes, why stop at one when the enemy will response in a bigger nuclear attack.

A tactical Nuclear weopen is used to stop Conventional forces, i.e. An Armoured advance which will ofcource be in our land or very near it!
TNWs incase we Can't

It is a funny article indeed. India and Pakistan are two neighbours who are nuclear powers. Both countries have nuclear weapons for war fighting purposes, though the doctrinal aspects differ. Therefore, whenever there would be a war, the nuclear factor would always figure in and the risk of nuclear war would always the there.

Why is it that Pakistan's battlefield cruise missile which is also nuclear capable, risks a nuclear war. Pakistan could also use a ballistic missile in a battlefield. It is a matter of use of tactical nuclear weapons versus tactical use of nuclear weapons. And if Pakistan decides to use nuclear weapons in an India-Pakistan war, be rest assured, it would be a massive nuclear attack against India and not an isolated one time tactical nuclear strike. There would not be any escalatory ladder that may be followed which would provide the initiative to India.

Pakistan would be stupid not to think of a response from india in case we do fire a nuclear missile at you, but we are not that stupid!

We would have multiple counter measures and our full nuclear ready missile arsenal pointed at you!

And what makes you believe that India does not know that...and India would not have counter measures to counter your measures. ..and also how are you so sure that India Nukes are not Pointed towards Pakistan.

There are several things that I would like to point out in the debate between Pakistani and Indian confrontation. Much attention is given to the possibility of nuclear strikes but there are several features that think tanks ignore.

Firstly, by the principle of mutually assured destruction (MAD) it can easily be seen that both Pakistan and India have the ability to to give each other the fatal blow: Indians who think India is wide enough to abosrb the full fallout of Pakistan's nuclear capability need to reed up on their science as to what a nuclear weapon does. Pakistanis who think that India will not answer to their provocation need to read up on Indain politics, the zealots over there are just as passionate about nuking you as you are of them. Thus, there is a significant number of people in power who do not want a nuclear strike.

Secondly, the scenario of one day the Pakistani PM/Army chief waking up and deciding to go on a Jihad and wipe out India by pulling the trigger out of his pocket and pushing it (couldn't resist) as portrayed by many worried Indians of the 'Islamic terror' is highly improbable. Despite how we look many of us realise that the nuclear weapon is our last resort, focus on the last.

In any scenario there will be an escalation of events and I would point out to the 2002-3 and our most recent confrontation across the border the exact same pattern repeated: India and Pakistan mobalise their armies on the border, PAF, IAF, PN, IN put on high alert and then Western capital is pulled out from India badly affecting her economy and bringing the situation to more calmer grounds. It is possible that India will focus more on being independent of Western investments but that will take time and India, unlike Pakistan, is already engaged in an economic competition with China, any war which is most likely to last not more than 20-25 days will damage the Indian economy as India knows that in a war of attrition it can beat Pakistan by taking more losses but Pakistan focus on more asymmetrical warfare in terms of air and naval strikes even if the IN and IAF are able to subdue PAF and PN the probable damage that they can cause will affect Indian economy much more. This might seem very stretched but this thinking is present see Pakistan is a challenger state and thus its main strategy is to do as much damage as possible to Indian assets.

Thirdly, the Pakistani defence thinking has totally shited: cadets from LC-122 onwards have been trained with militants as their enemy not India. This is important to note: the prestige in the Pakistani army now is to the man serving in the 'Red Zone' i.e. the Terrorist affected areas whereas prior to LC-122 it was to officer serving at the border and Kashmir most probable that the next generation of higher ups of the military that will rise will be of individuals who have not seen the Indian as their enemy but the Talibs. So the Pakistani desire to engineer low level resistance against India is going down, I am working on that article and will post it by next week.

Do you know what is a nuclear bomb or a nuclear attack?

Forget nuclear bombs, have you seen a bomb explode in your life? A single 10Kilo TNT? Have you witnessed its effect on a (say) 4 story building? Trust me - I have big guys $hit in their pants by the sound and the immediate aftermath. :ashamed:
1 kiloton Nuke makes a mushrøom cloud a 10,000 feet high!
This is a screenshot of A Davy Crocket (mere 20 tons) on lahore airport as seen from my home. I believe it can blow it to smithereens!
1292297_179319465585604_1687282433_o.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom