What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

new-pic-11.jpg

@Ulla

Your posts are gems on PDF :tup:

haha thx Bro, and yours are excellent! I am reading all your posts!

@Ulla

Your posts are gems on PDF :tup:

The 122mm rocket launcher is very simple to build, and with the extended range of 40km it's not bad, I don't know why we haven't mass produced it and upgraded it with a better Truck!

Hi, few years back Gen. Raheel Sharif visited South Africa, he was checking an artillery system with keen interest. Any progress on this?

Hi, few years back Gen. Raheel Sharif visited South Africa, he was checking an artillery system with keen interest. Any progress on this?
We have no news. It could be lot of progress behind the curtains or it could be none so we don't know

We have no news. It could be lot of progress behind the curtains or it could be none so we don't know
They just should make up their mind and go for G5/G6's and call it end of story.

What the hell happened to our wheeled Artillery Trials ???

That indeed is true sir but as per authorities or their vision if i may say, different caliber guns, maintaining supply of different ammunition to front line presents a much tougher task. Something that may very well offset the benefits of long range. Plus now with advancement in ammunition, advanced VLAP rounds, Rocket assisted (RA) and Base Bleed (BB) the 155mm more of less meat the range criteria as well and what little it lacks it makes more in terms of standardization to one single caliber! The long range tasks can also be handled by MLRS as you said. It is the ability to be transported by choppers that will come in handy, especially for a country with terrain like ours (Norther areas). That is where a light caliber gun that we can transport by helicopters SHOULD be considered an exception to this standardization as there are limited options in 155mm category that we can airlift if required (Just two in fact, M777 (USA) and AH4 (Norinco-China)). This is where the South Africa G7 (105mm) SHOULD be inducted as an exception. It also nearly matches the characteristics (range and accuracy) of most of 155mm
There has to be a reason for keeping these guns in service. Pakistan, Turkey and SKorea are the only 3 countries left who have the 203mm in service.

Counter battery.. 1 hit is enough to destroy enemy howitzer., towed or SP.
Nuclear round delivery. Chemical round delivery.
No No! It has no range to do the counter battery job, and has a very low firing rate, it will be knocked out by the weapons that it was trying to destroy. Chemical round probably yes, but no nuke. The main advantage is the weight of the charge it fires, its a howitzer so with the right tragetory its the best bunker buster. Its the job for wich it was invented.
Thanks

No No! It has no range to do the counter battery job, and has a very low firing rate, it will be knocked out by the weapons that it was trying to destroy. Chemical round probably yes, but no nuke. The main advantage is the weight of the charge it fires, its a howitzer so with the right tragetory its the best bunker buster. Its the job for wich it was invented.
Thanks
pa... absolutely right.
I was there when we blasted cuban positions in cuito quaneval with G5s.

In 1965 Pak Heavy Regs had a mix composition of M115 203mm Howitzers and M59 155mm Long Toms Guns, the main M59 job (23513m range) was to keep IA guns away from the M115s, so they could blast the heavy positions.
Thanks

In 1965 Pak Heavy Regs had a mix composition of M115 203mm Howitzers and M59 155mm Long Toms Guns, the main M59 job (23513m range) was to keep IA guns away from the M115s, so they could blast the heavy positions.
Thanks
Pa... had many ex-angolan/moz portugese with me in our units.

Back
Top Bottom