What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

how

about the slwh Pegasus?
pegasus_asd001.jpg

images
I don't think Singapore would sell them to Pakistan, India has a lot of credible hooks in Asia Pacific.

I don't think Singapore would sell them to Pakistan, India has a lot of credible hooks in Asia Pacific.
if you dont try you dont get. besides a little warning/threat. if you refuse to sell we will make sure nobody buys them from you. india has money but you have have influence (in the name of religion) ;). but then again it is Singapore and it is a hypocritical to the bone. they turned gwadar into a sh*t hole on purpose so that it cant be used as a gateway to central Asia.

do we really need light howitzers we already have M198 its not as light as M777 but still is a great system.

do we really need light howitzers we already have M198 its not as light as M777 but still is a great system.
That is what a new generation towed howitzer would replace, albeit gradually. The lighter weight helps with mobility, which helps in terms of tactical flexibility (especially in mountainous regions) and general deployment. STOL and VSTOL transports as well as heavy-lift helicopters could potentially move a new light howitzer around.

That is what a new generation towed howitzer would replace, albeit gradually. The lighter weight helps with mobility, which helps in terms of tactical flexibility (especially in mountainous regions) and general deployment. STOL and VSTOL transports as well as heavy-lift helicopters could potentially move a new light howitzer around.
don't you think there are lot more obsolete Chinese artillery systems which need replacing first M198 is relatively new system.
apart from that we don't have heavy helis neither do we have plans to buy them in near future so M777 type light howitzer don't bring much to the table.because its main advantage is air lift which we can't use

don't you think there are lot more obsolete Chinese artillery systems which need replacing first M198 is relatively new system.
apart from that we don't have heavy helis neither do we have plans to buy them in near future so M777 type light howitzer don't bring much to the table.because its main advantage is air lift which we can't use
The PAF does have CN-235s, and it might resume buying them once money is available, and the Army has had its eye on CH-47 Chinook a few times in the last few years. But I agree, the obsolete Chinese systems do need replacing. Wouldn't it be a good idea to phase out the Chinese field howitzers with a new-generation light howitzer? It'd a way to mainstream 155mm shells as well as standardize different logistics and maintenance channels.

The PAF does have CN-235s, and it might resume buying them once money is available, and the Army has had its eye on CH-47 Chinook a few times in the last few years. But I agree, the obsolete Chinese systems do need replacing. Wouldn't it be a good idea to phase out the Chinese field howitzers with a new-generation light howitzer? It'd a way to mainstream 155mm shells as well as standardize different logistics and maintenance channels.
that will be great all the above mentioned points will make great case in cost benefit analysis but how many types of light howitzer are there in market except M777.

that will be great all the above mentioned points will make great case in cost benefit analysis but how many types of light howitzer are there in market except M777.
There's the Pegasus by Singapore. Otherwise, there are several companies capable of producing a lightweight howitzer, such as the South African Denel Land Systems. Although the G7 is a 105mm gun, the South African government had the company do some development work on a modern lightweight system. Pakistan could work with them to get a Pegasus/M777-like system.

There's the Pegasus by Singapore. Otherwise, there are several companies capable of producing a lightweight howitzer, such as the South African Denel Land Systems. Although the G7 is a 105mm gun, the South African government had the company do some development work on a modern lightweight system. Pakistan could work with them to get a Pegasus/M777-like system.
so this means we don't have much options and might have to do joint venture with someone.

I like the sound of SLWH Pegasus we do need a light 155mm Howitzer for mountain troops on both eastern and western border.

Lots of confusion here.
12 were delivered by Turkey for evaluation some years ago. Then SIPRI reported that a total of 40 have been delivered including the 12 aforementioned, but we have never seen pictures of the panter in army livery or action. Atleast l haven't.

I have .. They raised new units with those... Infact k was there when the first guns came to Arty School Nowshehra.

Back
Top Bottom