What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

T-155 Panter and Firtina Howitzers were tested by Saudi Arabia as well.

firtina_zps5f2c26bb.jpg

T-155 Panter Howitzer is under upgrading process in Aselsan installations. Aselsan is re-designing the moving sections of it to be lighter, simplier for use. With this way, The maintenance costs of Panter would be decreased. It is going to be stationed on field much quicker. With new designed gears, The probability of broken down of startegic moving parts would be decreased and new Fire control computers on body will provide better results to fire targets sensitively.

aselsan-kapilarini-ilk-kez-halka-acti_84754_b.jpg

OK I am sorry

OK I admit, I have made a mistake, I have the M110 203mm SP Gun confused on the images of Azme e nau 2010 with the SH-1. We dont have the SH-1 is not in service, such as Fatman has been reported correctly. But why not ? ^^

inferior to what we already have in our inventory.

Hope to see collaborations for Self Propelled Howitzers in following years. Turkey was planned to produce hundreds of Panter towed howitzers but Cause of changing requirements in additions to mobility disadvantages of towed platforms against self propelled one, Turkey stopped production of Panter's at 54.

At present, While 300+ Firtina SPH are being under production phase, Industry has succesfully developed Ammunition resupply vehicle for Firtina and delivered some of totally planned 72 ARV vehicles.

Prototipe ARV during trials...

036_zpsbc82f5fb.png~original

I expect Pakistan armed forces are also going to invest on new generation SPH's in following years...

Hope to see collaborations for Self Propelled Howitzers in following years. Turkey was planned to produce hundreds of Panter towed howitzers but Cause of changing requirements in additions to mobility disadvantages of towed platforms against self propelled one, Turkey stopped production of Panter's at 54.

At present, While 300+ Firtina SPH are being under production phase, Industry has succesfully developed Ammunition resupply vehicle for Firtina and delivered some of totally planned 72 ARV vehicles.

Prototipe ARV during trials...

036_zpsbc82f5fb.png~original

I expect Pakistan armed forces are also going to invest on new generation SPH's in following years...

aslong as the M109A5 continues to be available via EDA, PK army will invest in them.

Back
Top Bottom