What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

True

There is a limit to how much they can be upgraded, and despite overhauls, old eqpt becomes maintenance intensive.

Technology has improved alot, wheeled SPH's are nearly there. The biggest advantage is their rapid mobility.
China will upgrade the PLZ-52. It will be a huge upgrade I suppose.

Do keep us posted.
PLZ-52
1623247909453.png

All new chassis and turret. I believe there are other major upgrades as well.
1623248286186.png

Last edited:
Passed a column of at least 10 of these coming towards Lahore on the motorway yesterday. Very poor picture quality and since I am not an artillery expert I don’t know what kind of gun this is.

Attachments

• 0CCE13CC-EA7E-4252-B5A5-2E7100AC707B.jpeg
    0CCE13CC-EA7E-4252-B5A5-2E7100AC707B.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 120
Passed a column of at least 10 of these coming towards Lahore on the motorway yesterday. Very poor picture quality and since I am not an artillery expert I don’t know what kind of gun this is.
Most probably an M198.
Though pictures posting pictures is fine but please do not mention their location and especially their destinations
Btw I think I saw these in Rawalpindi, from where they moved towards the location you specified, however their div markings were different.

Last edited:
Most probably an M198.
Though pictures posting pictures is fine but please do not mention their location and especially their destinations
Btw I think I saw these in Rawalpindi, from where they moved towards the location you specified, however their div markings were different.

I thought a few times before sharing it. The reason I did was because the boys were all resting at a service station with hundreds of passengers in plain sight..the exact location I won’t share but it doesn’t really make any difference because everybody there was taking pictures. Not everyday you come across a convoy of big guns on the motorway :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom