What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Still seems we have enough AWECs but are some what short on fighters now..
Erieye system us perfect for f16s and aim120 but what about jf17 & sd 10..
I doubt sd10 can talk to erieye

The Erieye is able to datalink to ALL of our systems. They are highly flexible and can operate whatever standard is requested by the customer

This also means something else too having huge fleet of Erieye? PAF will induct more F16s.

Yes I believe PAF would have around 9 Masha Allah

Nope, it does not mean we will get more F-16's, it just means we are happy with their performance and find them sufficient for our needs. They datalink with the Mirages and JF-17's too.

Yes, you are right, we are in an enviable position of having excellent C3 and networking capability via a very large AWECS fleet but need more fighters. As I said in other Sniper Pod thread, if US willing to sell us brand new Sniper pods and Afghan peace talks progressing we should be able to get US nod to buy used F-16s from Europe

But sniper pods arent exactly an offensive asset, or even an asset that would raise objection from India. Its not that the US refuses to sell us anything, its more that they want us to pay for it. The T129's are stuck because of Turkey, the AH1Z's are stuck because we dont want to pay the full price for them. We can buy more new F-16's, just at a price of $120m each. Selling us new aircraft would raise major red flags for India, considering the US is relatively pro India atm, it would be highly unlikely they want to upset them. Just look, India has been offered the Patriot, THAAD, SLAMRAAM's, F-15, F/A-18, a new variant of the F-16 etc, India is favored by the US due to its immense market size

The Erieye is able to datalink to ALL of our systems. They are highly flexible and can operate whatever standard is requested by the customer

Nope, it does not mean we will get more F-16's, it just means we are happy with their performance and find them sufficient for our needs. They datalink with the Mirages and JF-17's too.

But sniper pods arent exactly an offensive asset, or even an asset that would raise objection from India. Its not that the US refuses to sell us anything, its more that they want us to pay for it. The T129's are stuck because of Turkey, the AH1Z's are stuck because we dont want to pay the full price for them. We can buy more new F-16's, just at a price of $120m each. Selling us new aircraft would raise major red flags for India, considering the US is relatively pro India atm, it would be highly unlikely they want to upset them. Just look, India has been offered the Patriot, THAAD, SLAMRAAM's, F-15, F/A-18, a new variant of the F-16 etc, India is favored by the US due to its immense market size

I think we are agreeing with each other here. Yes, US will provide Pak as long as we have $. Sniper is a very offensive asset, each Sniper pod massively increases the strike ability of each F-16 it is placed on. It's the most accurate targeting system in the world. It's range is 50% better then the next best pod. Also acts as an ISR tool. Essentially you could fly an F-16 over Lahore and with razor sharp definition relay what people are up to within a military base in Amritsar, then lob a JDAM through the building of that base without leaving Lahore.

I think we are agreeing with each other here. Yes, US will provide Pak as long as we have $. Sniper is a very offensive asset, each Sniper pod massively increases the strike ability of each F-16 it is placed on. It's the most accurate targeting system in the world. It's range is 50% better then the next best pod. Also acts as an ISR tool. Essentially you could fly an F-16 over Lahore and with razor sharp definition relay what people are up to within a military base in Amritsar, then lob a JDAM through the building of that base without leaving Lahore.
Can a pod be used for BVR?

Yes, but no? The US would be selling them with the justification of counter terrorism and whatnot, while they can be used in an offensive role, that would not be the intention when being sold to us

Yes, but no? The US would be selling them with the justification of counter terrorism and whatnot, while they can be used in an offensive role, that would not be the intention when being sold to us

US made it clear some weapons were for defence of Pakistan. P-3Cs, Harpoons and AMRAAMs were not used to hit Taliban....

I think JDAM doesn't have that much range.

Also it's Pak reason Sweden put ban on weapons sale to Saudia due Yemen.
Swedes sold to nazis..ban is for show and when something is to sell they will sell to devil itself..you think india has good record ..dont be naive

I never said I want ships with SAMs instead of fighters.

I said that I want AEW&C support for ships so that the ships can identify threats as early as possible, and work to counter them earlier. This is independent of whether the PAF will send fighters with BVR or not (which it will), but it doesn't take away from the need of equipping ship air defences to act faster and more effectively.

The ship's air defence is its first line of defence, it's something it can control right at the moment it picks up a threat. So, the better that ship can do that job, the better it'll be for the PN, PAF, etc.

SIR i have a question for you why we cant have a single type of SURVEILLANCE plane for both the PAF and PN. Unless there is not a perfect plane made for both Air ans Sea SURVEILLANCE. thank you

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 1.45.39 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom