What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

when Pakistan will get Erieye AEW&C and in what numbers?:undecided:

Last edited:
85b5031cbb5e41ca8ee2b47d93e39962.jpg

when Pakistan will get Erieye AEW&C and in what numbers?:undecided:

will you bother taking out some time and go through the thread. you will find the answer to you qustion and in addition you will get a good lot of other valuable information.
its hust a friendly advice bro,,

regards!

will you bother taking out some time and go through the thread. you will find the answer to you qustion and in addition you will get a good lot of other valuable information.
its hust a friendly advice bro,,

regards!

Thanks for ur advise. :) I thought to go for easy info :oops:

Thanks for ur advise. :) I thought to go for easy info :oops:

:) well it is no problem for me to post it here, infact i may well earn a hit at thanks button from you for doing this but bro this will limit your knowledge. and you will keep on comming with such questions that have already been discussed time and time again. on other hand if you can go through last few pages you will not only find answer to this question but also find a lot of other intresting information that will surely help you.
thanks for understanding!

regards!

It will be really interesting to see if PAF deploy Erieye in SWA operation for support of Pakistan army against TTP.

It will be really interesting to see if PAF deploy Erieye in SWA operation for support of Pakistan army against TTP.

Very unlikely, unless the Erieye can differentiate between a civilian pickup truck and a Taliban truck ;)
Airborne radars are not very effective for ground operations in mountainous terrain and the MMIC on the array are expensive and have a limited lifespan (approximately 1000 hours to MTBF).

Thank You Very Much for your post Sir, it was very informative. Just hope our Indian friends read your post and get this over there head that range is not everything, especially both enemies share borders.
Maximum capable range is not everything, but can be helpful in some situations. Can be.

Lest anyone thinks I am making shyt up, here is another source and a couple of online tools to deal with the math...

Calculator - Free Online Javascript Calculator
Square Root Calculator
www.tscm.com/rdr-hori.pdf

Helpful in that radar horizon lesson are figures 2 and 3. The online calculators can help with the accompanying equations. Figures 2 and 3 are applicable to AWACS situations.

If the hostility between two sides have NOT yet escalated into open armed conflict, and there is a difference between hostility and armed conflict, then maximum effective detection range can be helpful because the AWACS is able to fly as close to the borders as possible without violating territorial airspace and escalating the hostility to armed conflict. By flying higher than 40,000ft you can be nosy deeper into enemy territory with 450km detection range than you could with 300km detection range.

But if the hostility is at open armed conflict, then NO ONE would dare to fly his AWACS so close to the borders lest it be taken out by enemy fighters with their air-air missiles, unless the AWACS has plenty of protection, of course. In an open armed conflict, violation of territorial airspaces is a given. That 150km difference between the two systems will be meaningless given the speed of the threats, which for the MIG-29 has the max of about 1,500km/h. The more important issue will be on how each side respond to incoming air threats -- bombers that WILL turn into fighters.

Superior detection range is best for surveillance missions when the AWACS is not busy thinking about survival as well as on supplying information.

Saab Erieye Explanied good info don't know if this has been shared b4:pakistan::pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very unlikely, unless the Erieye can differentiate between a civilian pickup truck and a Taliban truck ;)
Airborne radars are not very effective for ground operations in mountainous terrain and the MMIC on the array are expensive and have a limited lifespan (approximately 1000 hours to MTBF).

I think with local people fled from area leaving only Taliban and Forces behind to fight each other it will be not that difficult once it is cleared that it is not friend.;)

well PakSaheen, yoou forced me to say some bitter words.. i may well get lot of spanking for being so harsh but this is what i feel. i know that army will face some difficulty as they have to take down enemy disguised as our own men but bro this may well be the time to take a bold step. we must keep in mind that with every passing day we are losing 10 -15 lives in other parts of the country and they too are all innocent men. in this case army will have to take a bold step to pace up the actions to whip out the terrorists from the region even if it cause some civilian casualities. what i am saying is not to carpet bomb the entire area killing every human being in the region but to not let go a terrorist just to safe a civilian as gernally that terrorist will be responsible for killing dozens in a sucide attack in any other part of the country.
i know that my word sound in human but friends what is happening all around us is also not act of a civilized race of humans!!
sorry if i hurt you guys,,

regards!

I Rather think UAVs will be better of there as Erieye would be better at Air and Sea Surveillance:coffee:

if pakistan want to experience some high tech systems in the on goiing operation, the UAVs will be the obvious choice. sadly enough we still do not have a UCAV to keep an eye on suspects and hit em hard once found as culprit!! all we can taste for now is to keep an eye on them via the UAV and direct fire at them through ground forces!
AWE&C wont see any aaction, it is highly unlikely!!

regards!

well PakSaheen, yoou forced me to say some bitter words.. i may well get lot of spanking for being so harsh but this is what i feel. i know that army will face some difficulty as they have to take down enemy disguised as our own men but bro this may well be the time to take a bold step. we must keep in mind that with every passing day we are losing 10 -15 lives in other parts of the country and they too are all innocent men. in this case army will have to take a bold step to pace up the actions to whip out the terrorists from the region even if it cause some civilian casualities. what i am saying is not to carpet bomb the entire area killing every human being in the region but to not let go a terrorist just to safe a civilian as gernally that terrorist will be responsible for killing dozens in a sucide attack in any other part of the country.
i know that my word sound in human but friends what is happening all around us is also not act of a civilized race of humans!!
sorry if i hurt you guys,,

regards!

Well arsalanaslam123, yoou forced me to say some bitter words.. i may well get lot of spanking for being so harsh but this is what i feel.
I will not comment on tactical things as PA knows a lot better than what you and me know on this forum. But I am amazed how you simplified that PA must eliminate terrorists even if it comes at cost of civilian life. At least wasn't expecting something like this from you. Anyhow tell me if this is solution then on what moral basis we protest to US for drone attacks inside Pakistan?

This is exactly why people hate US around the world. They ruined millions of life in Iraq and Afghanistan just to get bunch of people out of power. PA is in very tough fight on physiological warfare and it need all the public support it can get and my friend it is not going to come with what you are suggested in your post above.

BTW, Why your post was directed at me? I just asked a simple quesiton which you never answered in you post directed to me. I think you made a mistake and called me instead of someone else. Anyhow never mind.:cheers:

This is exactly why people hate US around the world. They ruined millions of life in Iraq and Afghanistan just to get bunch of people out of power.

@PakShaheen :
US can defend its stand on Afghanistan. But in case of Iraq :no: :no:

The main reason to invade Iraq was oil and Bush's personal rivalry with Saddam (Since, Senior was unable to over throw Saddam, Junior did that). Also, their r rumors that 9-11 was planned by US (I don't agree to this because nobody will kill their owns).

9/11 conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also find the following on WIKI.

According to documents provided by former US Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, George W. Bush, ten days after taking office in January 2001, instructed his aides to look for a way to overthrow the Iraqi regime. A secret memo entitled "Plan for post-Saddam Iraq" was discussed in January and February 2001, and a Pentagon document dated March 5, 2001, and entitled "Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield contracts", included a map of potential areas for petroleum exploration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom