What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Phalcon can update operators every two to four seconds instead of 20 to 40 seconds as is the case on the E-3
phalcon range is more than 400 km and erieye range is 300-350(max)
they both may use aesa radar but phalcon uses an advance aesa radar than

erieye do not have tracking ability 30 degree each to the fore and aft of the radar

dont compare the old phalcon with the new ones used by india because they are further developed and even israil airforce has ordered the same one in 2006

Phalcon can update operators every two to four seconds instead of 20 to 40 seconds as is the case on the E-3
phalcon range is more than 400 km and erieye range is 300-350(max)
they both may use aesa radar but phalcon uses an advance aesa radar than

erieye do not have tracking ability 30 degree each to the fore and aft of the radar

dont compare the old phalcon with the new ones used by india because they are further developed and even israil airforce has ordered the same one in 2006

besides the update time lag of 2 seconds and 20 seconds...as well as 30 degree fore & aft the range i think you are quoting is wrong! both have equal detection ranges my friend!

secondly as for FORE & AFT i ssue i hope you realzie one thing PAF will be flying its EREIYE close to the border not towards the border that would mean our broad side would be aimed towards the indian border.....anywayz yes the EREIYE might have some limitations compared to the PHALCON but that doesn't mean it is a useless platform!

and the "most advanced AESA" what is that....and what makes the phalcon even "more advanced" than the E-3? don't throw words my friend back them up with sources!!!

i dont think pakisthan will thing of bringing the erieye to the borders because the new ks 172 awacs killer missile carried by the su30mki with a range of 400 km is one of the best jointly developed by india and russia

i dont think pakisthan will thing of bringing the erieye to the borders because the new ks 172 awacs killer missile carried by the su30mki with a range of 400 km is one of the best jointly developed by india and russia

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: dude, can't you come to the website by reading little bit about the things that you are gonna post ??

Do it, it will help you a lot in having a constructive conversation on this forum.

As a first step, read the official Saab website giving details about its Saab 2000 platform.

http://www.saabgroup.com/en/Product...entrance=product&productid=1190&moreinfo=true

Last edited:
besides the update time lag of 2 seconds and 20 seconds...as well as 30 degree fore & aft the range i think you are quoting is wrong! both have equal detection ranges my friend!

The difference that 2 seconds Vs 20 seconds makes a huge difference in an AWACS scenario, especially is a heavy EW environment. It can make all the difference as the IAF aircraft will get almost real time information whilst the other will so after 20 seconds, making a big difference in something called 'situational awareness', on which there is a very nice article posted on the JF-17 & MKI thread by a senior member.

As far as range is concerned, the Erieye has an instrumental range of 450 kms and a detection range of 350 kms for fighter size targets and the older Phalcon has a detection range of 400 kms, and the new Phalcon, if not more will be of the same range. The links are posted in my post on this same thread 2-3 days ago.

secondly as for FORE & AFT i ssue i hope you realzie one thing PAF will be flying its EREIYE close to the border not towards the border that would mean our broad side would be aimed towards the indian border.....anywayz yes the EREIYE might have some limitations compared to the PHALCON but that doesn't mean it is a useless platform!

Agreed. And yes, although the Erieye does have certain limitations, it is by no means useless. It fits the PAF's needs well. Additionally, PAF did not have a choice other than the Swedish or Chinese systems. A point is to be noted that the Phalcon is aboard the IL-76 which has a higher speed and endurance than the turboprop aircraft that the Eriyeye is based upon. The Phalcon can be refuelled in mid-air. Is that possible with the Erieye? Would like a link if anyone has one. Thanks in advance.

and the "most advanced AESA" what is that....and what makes the phalcon even "more advanced" than the E-3? don't throw words my friend back them up with sources!!!

I think it is just the no. of seconds issue and the fact that the latest Phalcon gives a higher resolution.

Unicorn, that is a possibility, but lets wait until the Novator K-100 arrives. It is in its final stages of development and trials aboard the MKI would start in the near future.

Ereiye AWACS was supposed to arrive at October. Does anyone know the exact date of its landing in Pindi?

Why do indians love to go round and round in circles chasing their tale and ignore the reality to satisfy their dirty ego?
Sir gambit has professionally analyzed the subject which indians seem to ignore because it is not up to their taste.
So lets say Erieye sucks and the radar is only comparable to futre MKI radar and both are mini AWACS. Phalcon is a super alien technology which no other human kind will posses other then great bharat.

Last edited:

Oh ...Lord! Please slow down pal, KS-172 has a range of 200 KM and it is only future radar of MKI which will have a range of 400KM. And for your information to look into Indian space and land no need to bring Erieye on border.

the range of erieye is 300 km
PS-890 ERIEYE

Paindu, Pakistan is getting the Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C

Radar System performance:
• Active Phased Array Pulse Doppler multi-mode radar
• 450 km range and above 20 km (65,000 ft) altitude coverage
• Effective surveillance area of 500,000 sq km
• Capable of combined air and sea surveillance
• Automatic tracking of priority air targets
• Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) system

source:

Saab - Products A-Z

Saabs official website.

Check mate and have a nice day

Why do indians love to go round and round in circles chasing their tale and ignore the reality to satisfy their dirty ego?
Sir gambit has professionally analyzed the subject which indians seem to ignore because it does not up to their taste.
So lets say Erieye sucks and the radar is only comparable to futre MKI radar and both are mini AWACS. Phalcon is a super alien technology which no other human kind will posses other then great bharat.

Sir,
very good shot. (dirty ego)

Oh ...Lord! Please slow down pal, KS-172 has a range of 200 KM and it is only future radar of MKI which will have a range of 400KM. And for your information to look into Indian space and land no need to bring Erieye on border.

the min range of ks 172 is 200 km and max could be between 300-400km read properly and answer

erieye Max Detection Range 300 km (162 nm), Max Detection Range in Altitude 82,000 ft (24,994 m), Max Instrumented Range 450 km (243 nm)
PS-890 ERIEYE
there is far much diff between detection range and instumental range

Sorry PakShaheen, just checked this one out on various sites other than wiki as well. It has a range of 400 km.

KS-172 RVV-L | Russian Arms, Military Technology, Analysis of Russia's Military Forces
Novator KS-172 AAM-L at AllExperts
Novator KS-172 AAM-L Aircraft Missile Aam-l Ks-172 Su-35 Speed
Pakistani Defence Forum > Russia's Ks-172 Ultra Long Range Anti Awac A-am

Sir gambit has professionally analyzed the subject which indians seem to ignore because it is not up to their taste.

we never said that phalcons are alien technology .the new phalcons are only with india and israil and no need to say that israil tech is one of the best in the world the phalcons are better than e-3
p://www.ocnus.net/cgi-bin/exec/view.cgi?archive=102&num=26121

and so it was u who's trying to satisfy ur dirty ego not us

Back
Top Bottom