What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

and u too cant say that aim is superior to r77 each has a specific advantage the phalcon are the best in the world even powerful than the e 3 used by the us airforce

According to the Federation of American Scientists in a 1999 article, the Phalcon was the most advanced AEW&C system in the world
Phalcon uses the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), an active phased array radar.
The Erieye AEW&C mission system radar is an active, phased-array, pulse-Doppler senso
no need to say that a aesa radar is far more better than aphased radar

AESA radars have very short to instantaneous scanning rates, which makes them difficult to detect

According to the Federation of American Scientists in a 1999 article, the Phalcon was the most advanced AEW&C system in the world
Phalcon uses the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), an active phased array radar.
The Erieye AEW&C mission system radar is an active, phased-array, pulse-Doppler senso

AESA radars have very short to instantaneous scanning rates, which makes them difficult to detect

OMG ... you are still in delusion that Erieye has PESA radar.

Dear ... wake up ... Erieye has AESA.

If you still think otherwise ... well, i cant help you.

5-20 min preparedness, haha

Phalcon virus, haha
Chinese brothers. haha

First of off , any surprise first strike by either country using largescale air-assets can be Mis-construed as a Nuclear attack, so neither nation will have the spine to take that chance.

Secondly, well while there well might be a chance of the the Secure Data links not being so secure anymore.
There are entire divisions of the armed forces whose sole duty is to ensure the security of the military networks.

Apart from that what else can any nation do to secure its data links
so, stop dreaming of Magical scenarios where Chinese hackers upload virus into Indian defense and Pakistani JF-17 fly over New dehli.

Now this is the most puzzling aspect of Pakistan, The Shear amount of Faith you have put into China. As is they have given life and limb to save your nation. Every Pakistani scenarios i read in this forum, involves china coming to Pakistanis rescue when times get though.

You guys Like China more than the EU likes it self.

IS there in your minds a single negative aspect of Pakistan China relations.
Or are you so deluded to believe that you cant even picture a scenario where China's priorities may not necessarily be the same as Pakistan's .

In fact cant just for posterity's sake mention the low point of the Pakistan-CHina relations?
And how exactly it came to be that you became brothers and sisters?

OK so i dunno where you going with this but yes just like the INDIANS are in there belief that they are becoming a super power & the world loves them we too think that china is our friend....now if you agree that india is not a super power i will also agree china is not our friend....

its simple US needs INDIA now to control CHINA....and China helps pakistan since decades without a reason now think for yourself whose loyalties are more true......

so yes China is going to grow in terms of technology and we want to be onboard when it flexes its muscle!!!!

and through out history the indians always trusted the RUSSIANS so much so that 99% of your military hardware is currently russian! does that not equal the same amount of trust we have in our chinese brothers!

PS Lets not forget that report you mentioned came out in 1999 ...

Ehem ... 1999 , you know just to put it in prespective, in 1999 , windows 95 was still hot ....:flame: And titanic Celine Dion was still the best diva as well with Leonardo Di Caprio being the Titanic lead hero with Kate Winslet .... and the whole titanic scene ..

TITANIC reminds me of Phalcon sometimes

So how can the most technologically advance AWAC be made in 1999 ... when we have 10000 times better technology and software codes to do all the statistical real time calculations and , data processing capabilities.

:coffee: I mean most of India was still using , 100 MHz Pc in 1999. I was using 120 Mhz and I was thinking I had the best dam unit in world how time changes prespective

Mean while you are saying that the Eerie AWAC which obviously is newer , and was made later , is not as capable.

Think about it ... :coffee:

Phalcon , gives you early warning of aircract , 5 min and 40 second before it reaches your protected zone , Eerie Awac gives you that warning at 4 min and 59 secon.

So just becasue you had a 30 second improvement some how you will gain lot of technical advantage.

Secondly , now we hear about this whole HOW THE phlacon , links all the planes in IAF together - wow , like I said if I was countering Phalcon I will be making sure I send out a virus , and all the IAF crafts start to show PONG on their radar screen

I mean lets not forget you are dealing with Chinese - who were probbly given a taste of technology by Israelis ... and they might have a prototype or some data on Phalcon in their Espionage unit. Don't forget that Israel always like to operate under the table - that includes giving and recieveing data and technology

And who can doubt the Chinese Hackers - best coders in world chinese ppl , they can code anything - :whistle:

So - while its sounds all fancy that India has the PHALCON .. but
another point to be made is I don't think its hard to send out 20-40 AWAC killer missiles towrds a Phalcon - or take it out from Ground
with a small commando force in real combat.

While the role of Phalcon is interesting , but the chinese AWACS may be better in termof technology use, even if they are not , in 4-5 years the chinese will continue to evolve their AWACS .. while the phalcon will still be a 1999 out dated bird in air.

I m sure if I went on torant , and searched for Phalcon codes or hacking I can get that on IRC :toast_sign: NEVER underestimate a chinese hacker

Chinese ppl and country is honorable they can be dependable in need its simple as that you can't trust US or anyone else - China is SPECIAL ..

They are so polite and business minded I don't even know if they have a Secret service brance that operates out side of their countries, on other hand we have US whose CIA is topping shah in Iran , killing Bhutto may be even liaqat ali khan, or killing other leaders so local warlords can do good, promoting Karzai or egyption tyrant etc

They earned this respect by staying out of our politics and minding their own country but when we need them they are always there - and so we all LOVE china becasue they are true friends

A true friend gives with out any hope for anything thing in return , its like we are jai and
china is veru (if you understand , Sholay analogy) and USA is always like the police that shows up late or is undependable ...only Veru and Jai can face the big bad super power wana be Gabber singh , and Thakur sahib is well - Kashmir

Last edited:
The State of Israel is now flying a state-of the-art Phalcon Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) surveillance aircraft that in some ways is superior to the Boeing E-3's flown by the US Air Force. Israel has already sold the same system to India with the equipment installed on a Russian-built Ilyushin Il-76

Israel Now Flying New Phalcon AWACS

the phalcon which is sold to india is a new version of phalcon and not the same one which was offered to china the

Please stop...Passive ESA and Active ESA...BOTH are phased arrays. The 'passive' and 'active' part refers to the individual transmit-receive modules and how they are energized.

a) Pakistani Awacs have capabilities to track 360 degree and 450 km
range , what else can you ask for ?

They do not have tracking ability 30 degree each to the fore and aft of the radar.

Forward Instrumental range is 450 km while range against fighter size targets are 350 km. Read a few earlier posts in the thread.

b) We have duel systems, chinese and sweedish, in case the
swedish backstab us and sell the jamming codes to India
at lease we have our chinese back up systems. I don't think
sweeden would do such a thing they are stright shooting ppl

Lol, such things will not happen. I think the Erieye is a good choice for the PAF and Sweden will probably not do any such thing unless they have a reason to feel threatened.

c) Chinese on other hand will continuelly upgrade their systems
and onces they upgrade and learn more , we will just borrow from
our brothers, since we use same technology.

:coffee:

And the Americans, Russians, French and Israeli's will not?

Now , on other hand , imagine if all IAF fighters are linked to the Phalcon, and then that phalcon downloads a virus on all IAF plane .. :cheers:
That would kinda suck ..

Imagine the Erieye gets struck by lightening while its flying? That would suck even more. Lol

I mean a slight 5% or 8% difference does not gives a hell alot of tactical advantage -
Its just a radar

But a 20-25% advantage does. And sometimes in combat, 0.1% makes all the difference between living and dying.

But on other hand , all AWACS are easy targets for awac killer missiles

Which you do not have or will in the near future. India is integrating the Novator K-100 onto the MKI. Trials are underway.:cheers:

No offence meant. My post is in a lighter vein. :tup:

mr AZADPAKISTAN2009
the phalcons IAF use are not the same as the 1999 . the israil company has developed a new version of the phalcon and to tell u erieye are not newer the were operated from 1997 . Phalcon can update operators every two to four seconds instead of 20 to 40 seconds as is the case on the E-3 used by us air force(please visit the site to know more)
Israel Now Flying New Phalcon AWACS

the erieye Max Detection Range 300 km (162 nm) and the older version of phalcons used to have 400km range which has been improved

its simple US needs INDIA now to control CHINA....and China helps pakistan since decades without a reason now think for yourself whose loyalties are more true......

and through out history the indians always trusted the RUSSIANS so much so that 99% of your military hardware is currently russian! does that not equal the same amount of trust we have in our chinese brothers!

Have you ever thought that like the US is using India as a counter to China, China is using Pakistan as a counter to India? Nobody helps anybody through decades for no reason. However much we like it to be, this not a charitable word. Even the US supported European countries for a very specific reason since the 1950's, i.e.- Soviet Union.

As for the Russian hardware, traditionally we have bought a lot of equipment from them as we had amazing repayment terms such as payment in roubles, soft loans, barters, etc. And Russian hardware in terms of quantity is about 80-85% and in terms of value about 65-70%.

PS-890 ERIEYE

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

mr sapper there is a diff between detection range and instrumental range

PS-890 ERIEYE

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

mr sapper there is a diff between detection range and instrumental range

Roger, my bad, misunderstood your meaning of detection range.
Currently all the sources report that Erieye has detection range of 330~350km for fighter sized target, i.e 3m2~5m2.

I agree, my apologies.

Have you ever thought that like the US is using India as a counter to China, China is using Pakistan as a counter to India? Nobody helps anybody through decades for no reason. However much we like it to be, this not a charitable word. Even the US supported European countries for a very specific reason since the 1950's, i.e.- Soviet Union.

As for the Russian hardware, traditionally we have bought a lot of equipment from them as we had amazing repayment terms such as payment in roubles, soft loans, barters, etc. And Russian hardware in terms of quantity is about 80-85% and in terms of value about 65-70%.

well actually when no one in the 50s was willing to stand by the CHINESE we did....we were the nation that lobbied hard and strong for the chinese on every platform! so yes not every relationship is like going to bed with the americans........:bounce:

now coming back to the thread.....ok we have read an ARTICLE saying the PHALCON is the most advanced platform in the world even more advanced then the E-3....my question is what makes it such an alien technology.......after all all the platforms are relatively same detection range & all the 3 that is E-3,ERIEYE 7 PHALCON are Phased Array radars!

so what does the phalcon have that the E-3 & the EREIYE lack....

Back
Top Bottom