Height 12.90 m
Weight
Engine 4 x P&W JT3D-3B
Maximum speed 973 Km/h
Cruising speed
Range 6,920 Km

now see the below video which states the Active range of radar 400KM

Please any one can explain the situation

I'm not exactly sure what you want to know, but 6920 Km is the range of the 707 aircraft, the radar range of Phalcon system is around 400 - 500 Km (depending on what kind of target).
The A50 of IAF with Phalcon system has a range of around 6400 Km (can be refueled in the air for longer distances) and will have the same radar range.

Interesting, so PAF will also go for bigger AWACS aircrafts with more space.

The article on sinodefence says:

Not sure what ToT is left that would be useful but it could be cheaper than Saab 2000 and offers much more range and especially more space and payload.

No PAF is not going for a bigger aircraft. It will be about the same size as the SAAB 340s selected for the SAAB 2000 AEW system for the PAF.

No PAF is not going for a bigger aircraft. It will be about the same size as the SAAB 340s selected for the SAAB 2000 AEW system for the PAF.

Saab 2000:

Max seating for 58
Wing span 24.76 m (81 ft 3 in)
Length 27.28 m (89 ft 6 in)
Height 7.73 m (25 ft 4 in)
Max takeoff 22,999 kg (50,704 lb)

Shaanxi Y-8:

Capacity: ≈90 equipped troops
Wingspan: 38.0m (124ft 8in)
Length: 34.02m (111ft, 8in)
Height: 11.6m (36ft 8in)
Max takeoff weight: 61,000kg (134,480lb)

Saab 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shaanxi Y-8 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If these specs are right it will be way bigger than Saab 2000!
The Saab 2000 seems to be mainly a passenger aircraft, the Y8 instead is comparable with the C130 Hercules for cargo and troop transport. So will Y8 be the main AEW&C aircraft of PAF and the Saab 2000 are only added llike IAF DRDO AEW&C?

I'm not exactly sure what you want to know, but 6920 Km is the range of the 707 aircraft, the radar range of Phalcon system is around 400 - 500 Km (depending on what kind of target).
The A50 of IAF with Phalcon system has a range of around 6400 Km (can be refueled in the air for longer distances) and will have the same radar range.

I mean that Phalcon radar replaces the rotational rotatingdom technique (like the first pic) but IAF is going again for RD which is conventional:undecided:

Saab 2000:

Max seating for 58

Shaanxi Y-8:

The Saab 2000 seems to be mainly a passenger aircraft, the Y8 instead is comparable with the C130 Hercules for cargo and troop transport. So will Y8 be the main AEW&C aircraft of PAF and the Saab 2000 are only added llike IAF DRDO AEW&C?

well dear friend,
saab 2000 will be the main horse in PAF as it is more advanced than Y-8.Remember China is still developing this techinology where s Erieye has 10 years of operational history.I think PAF is looking to Datalink its chinese fighthers with Y-8 and rest with Erieye.However the main motive of Y-8 is the development of indiginious AWACS by integrating Erieye and KJ-200 technology:victory::woot:

Saab 2000:

Max seating for 58

Shaanxi Y-8:

I think you know the point I was trying to make. PAF is not choosing a bigger platform because it is needed. Y-8 is not that much bigger than the SAAB 340. That is what the Chinese are offering so we are sticking with it. The need is not for a larger aircraft, rather the smaller of the two aircraft on offer from the Chinese.

I mean that Phalcon radar replaces the rotational rotatingdom technique (like the first pic) but IAF is going again for RD which is conventional:undecided:

They have a rotodome on their IL-78 but it does not rotate. it has triangular arrays inside of the dome which allow the radar to see 360 degrees without having the need to rotate.

Nope.. not in the current version.. It has a rotating rotodome...

Y-8 is not that much bigger than the SAAB 340. That is what the Chinese are offering so we are sticking with it. The need is not for a larger aircraft, rather the smaller of the two aircraft on offer from the Chinese.
I'm sorry Blain2, but I guess you are mistaken about the size of the Saab 340, because Y8 is nearly double as big in length and height and the cabin size will be bigger aswell.

http://products.saabgroup.com/PDBWebNew/GetFile.aspx?PathType=ProductFiles&FileType=Files&Id=7520
I think you know the point I was trying to make. PAF is not choosing a bigger platform because it is needed.
It was jawadqamar who said it will have more controllers, what could mean also more capabilities, that's why I'm asking.
Even there might be no need, you will have bigger aircrafts and I doubt PAF wouldn't use the extra space right? Y8 seems to me the preferable aircraft compared to the Saab 2000, because it offers more space, more range and should be cheaper too.

It's just a different platform for the Phalcon system, Israel choses to put more radar arrays on their aircrafts instead of useing a RD like US, or European. The 707 in your pic was an old version, this is the latest:

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/photos/sprucemoose/images/21783/g550-aew-2.jpg

India chose the A50 with RD as the platform for the same Phalcon system, maybe because of commonality to the IL 76 that are in use of IAF.

Nope.. not in the current version.. It has a rotating rotodome...

Santro,

You may want to check, I am pretty sure their rotodome does not rotate. The older Russian AWACS on loan to the IAF did rotate.

Phalcon is a superior system,the E3C (Sentry)is an older system.

E3 is indeed an older system and has its drawbacks but rest assured that its not inferior to any systems around. The USAF has had a constant upgradation o fthese systems and even now they offer performance at least on par with all of the operational systems out there.

Back
Top Bottom