What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

322508201_1311805889597721_5809614759137741437_n.jpg
Why pak choose turboprop aircraft for erieyes we could have gone for gulf stream type jet engine for these erieyes

What’s wrong with Turbo Props and what’s the advantage of pure jets? I hope you know turbo props are also basically jets.
Pros of Turboprop Engines

Cost-effective and straightforward Operation and Maintenance

A turboprop engine features fewer moving parts than a jet and requires less maintenance. Turboprops also burn less fuel per hour. Due to the efficient nature and simpler turboprop design, the overall cost to own and operate a turboprop is lower than a jet.

High Efficiency

A turboprop engine is more lightweight than a jet engine and provides a higher power output per unit of weight. Turboprops excel at fuel efficiency in low altitudes, being able to attain high speeds with the ability to be more cost-efficient than jet flight.

Flexibility in Takeoffs and Landings

Due to turboprop engines’ lighter weight, they can perform more efficient takeoffs than traditional jet engines. Turboprops also provide a clear advantage over jets in landing capability; due to the drag a propeller brings, turboprops can land on much shorter runway strips and stop very quickly. Additionally, turboprops can land on runways or environments that are not concrete.

Disadvantages of Turboprop Engines

Low Cruising Speed

Turboprops have a slower maximum cruising speed than jet engines (up to approximately 300 knots indicated airspeed), resulting in a longer flight time. While turboprops are more efficient than jet engines, their low cruising speed may offset cost savings after especially long flight times.

Limited Cruising Altitude

Planes with turboprop engines are typically limited to a lower cruising altitude than jet engines, capping at around 25,000-30,000 feet. Because of this, turboprops are also more susceptible to turbulence, noise, and inclement weather.

Unsuitable for Long-Distance Travel

The low maximum cruising speed and altitude of turboprop engines make turboprops most suitable for shorter distances like regional flights. Traditionally, turboprop planes are limited to flights up to 1,500 miles.

A turboprop engine features fewer moving parts than a jet and requires less maintenance. Turboprops also burn less fuel per hour. Due to the efficient nature and simpler turboprop design, the overall cost to own and operate a turboprop is lower than a jet.

High Efficiency

A turboprop engine is more lightweight than a jet engine and provides a higher power output per unit of weight. Turboprops excel at fuel efficiency in low altitudes, being able to attain high speeds with the ability to be more cost-efficient than jet flight.

Due to turboprop engines’ lighter weight, they can perform more efficient takeoffs than traditional jet engines. Turboprops also provide a clear advantage over jets in landing capability; due to the drag a propeller brings, turboprops can land on much shorter runway strips and stop very quickly. Additionally, turboprops can land on runways or environments that are not concrete.

Low Cruising Speed

Turboprops have a slower maximum cruising speed than jet engines (up to approximately 300 knots indicated airspeed), resulting in a longer flight time. While turboprops are more efficient than jet engines, their low cruising speed may offset cost savings after especially long flight times.

Planes with turboprop engines are typically limited to a lower cruising altitude than jet engines, capping at around 25,000-30,000 feet. Because of this, turboprops are also more susceptible to turbulence, noise, and inclement weather.

The low maximum cruising speed and altitude of turboprop engines make turboprops most suitable for shorter distances like regional flights. Traditionally, turboprop planes are limited to flights up to 1,500 miles.
Thanks, I was hoping the Super Falcon would respond and embarrass himself.

Last edited:

High Efficiency

Low Cruising Speed

As far as lower cruising speed goes, both the Embraer version of Erieye and the Saabs props fly at the same speed when on circuit so it pretty much negates any cruising speed advantage. The jets might be able to have a high ceiling potentially, thus better coverage but the Embraer and Saab 2000 both have 30k ft ceiling so no benefit. Saab was cheaper to buy (2nd hand) and operate.

What’s wrong with Turbo Props and what’s the advantage of pure jets? I hope you know turbo props are also basically jets.
Yes I know it if as per you these are the same than why engineers used there brains to develop jet engines I hope your mind has some answered you are here to counter illogically to prove you self right

Yes I know it if as per you these are the same than why engineers used there brains to develop jet engines I hope your mind has some answered you are here to counter illogically to prove you self right
I didn't asked you about it anyway

Yes I know it if as per you these are the same than why engineers used there brains to develop jet engines I hope your mind has some answered you are here to counter illogically to prove you self
I never said they were exactly the same. Let me be more clear the core of a turbo prop is a jet engine that turns an external propeller. Infact the Turbo Props were developed after the first jets were developed. So your argument above does not stand. Both have pros and cons. PanzerKeil has already listed them so I will not repeat.

Last edited:

I didn't asked you about it anyway
Hi
it looks like you want jet engines as against turbo prop
but if we go by that logic whatever china is flying it’s crap
in one way or the other
another thing in case of india please keep in mind about its
coast line and as per the desire want to be considered big bird kind of country to participate in QUAD
for PN and PAF for,the time being turbo prop if fine as long
as they can keep on rotating the aircraft one of the other
thank you

Hi
it looks like you want jet engines as against turbo prop
but if we go by that logic whatever china is flying it’s crap
in one way or the other
another thing in case of india please keep in mind about its
coast line and as per the desire want to be considered big bird kind of country to participate in QUAD
for PN and PAF for,the time being turbo prop if fine as long
as they can keep on rotating the aircraft one of the other
thank you
On now getting jet engine in sea sultan for mpa changing from turboprop of P3 orion

How many long range turbo props are out there?
Netra
Global eye
Phalcons
E 3 santry
Turkish stand of jammer
Wedgitail
A 50 mainstay

All these are jet powered

In contrast we use these erieyes on turbo prop even Brazil bought same erieyes but uses jet engines aircraft

Global eye bombardier aircraft erieye has rangeof 11000 and Saab 2000 has range UpTo 2500+ a massive difference

Back
Top Bottom