What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Even same integration can be done on Airbus 310 having a low cost option given edge to refuel our f16s

Sir what is difference between GlobleEye and Erieye ER version ?

Globaleye is the name of the suite, based off of the Bombardier Global 6000 whereas the Erieye ER is the name of the antenna which is a GaN TRM based AESA antenna with almost double the range over the legacy Erieye

Globaleye is the name of the suite, based off of the Bombardier Global 6000 whereas the Erieye ER is the name of the antenna which is a GaN TRM based AESA antenna with almost double the range over the legacy Erieye
Excluding the plateform (plane) are both redar and supporting system provide same value or some difference
Note between globeleye and erieye er version

Excluding the plateform (plane) are both redar and supporting system provide same value or some difference
Note between globeleye and erieye er version

The systems are fairly different, the biggest difference being the differing TRM's.

So its mean if EriEye has ER version , even then its not match to Globeleye

I think if we are talking about just transplanting the Antenna's (highly unlikely/simplified) in some ways you can have the capabilities of the Globaleye suite, however, unless you bring over its ELINT/EW cap too, its self defense suite etc its a whole different beast, also, one of the advantages of the Globaleye suite is its range and its platform too(global 6000)

I think if we are talking about just transplanting the Antenna's (highly unlikely/simplified) in some ways you can have the capabilities of the Globaleye suite, however, unless you bring over its ELINT/EW cap too, its self defense suite etc its a whole different beast, also, one of the advantages of the Globaleye suite is its range and its platform too(global 6000)
Thanks bro for elaborating

it appear the additional batch of Erieye is not the same as first purchase older Erieye system range may be the same but have evolve further in different operational modes
as per 2015 video from SAAB official youtube channel
you definitively expect software updates and data processing updates that would be a incremental improvement on previous versions

you definitively expect software updates and data processing updates that would be a incremental improvement on previous versions
agreed but I think you missed the part where the SAAB representative talk about the addition of EW with Erieye ....
upload_2020-5-23_4-25-21.png

upload_2020-5-23_4-26-30.png

According the above video, PAF has the SAAB2000 system - does this mean it is the latest version?

...and, is it the AESA?

I assume there would be some differences, i.e its only available as a part of Saab's Globaleye suite, so therefore everything would need to be redesigned to fit on the Saab 2000, i also assume it has a higher power requirement even though it uses more efficient TRM's therefore that would need to be catered to etc.

Yes and no. The most solid lead we can get is a confirmation from PAF or SAAB. However, we can assume that this is likely for PAF based off of a few things:

Only S2K Erieye operators are the PAF and RSAF

PAF has been pretty happy with the systems

PAF also ordered 3 baseline S2K's in 2018

The value of the contract indicates that the order is for 3 systems

Beyond this we dont have much information.
isnt this the third follow on order after ordering 4 initially followed by 3 in 2017.
this would make total of 10 ordered..a big number

how good link 17 that Pakistan use.. do we use both link 16 and 17 or just link 17?

isnt this the third follow on order after ordering 4 initially followed by 3 in 2017.
this would make total of 10 ordered..a big number

how good link 17 that Pakistan use.. do we use both link 16 and 17 or just link 17?

Yessir, would put us at 10 orders, i cant remember how many actually operational, i think 8?

There isnt alot of information on Link 17, however yeah we use both standards, i think Link 17 is shared between the JF-17 and the Mirage's and then of course, we have Link 16 on our F-16's which all are able to datalink with the Erieye all fine :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom