What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see if this same rule means we'll never see the Erieye ER. Its 70% range improvement would certainly give the PAF a practical edge (AEW&C can see further while flying farther away).

Which is why it is better to have a foothold in the Chinese eco-system as you are more likely to get a product with that range from China than anywhere else. Maybe that is logic?

Which is why it is better to have a foothold in the Chinese eco-system as you are more likely to get a product with that range from China than anywhere else. Maybe that is logic?
Depends on how much the Chinese are willing to release. Thus far, we've only been buying their export grade equipment. As long as they commit to match the capability set of others in their export portfolio, it should be good.

Yep and the PAF never intended to fly the IL-78s for long. They wanted a dual boom/drogue AAR, but Airbus' A330 MRTT was both expensive and, when the PAF was open to it, denied (someone in the know basically said, "anything of strategic value is generally out-of-reach."

That said, I do wish the PAF would fund a pilot to see if they can integrate UPAZ pods to old A330s.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see if this same rule means we'll never see the Erieye ER. Its 70% range improvement would certainly give the PAF a practical edge (AEW&C can see further while flying farther away).
With the associated costs that we may not be able to afford.
Although I have a feeling that just the basic range may meet our MVP requirements anyway.

Yep. It makes one wonder how much longer the PAF will try milking it, especially if Saab intends to stop offering the older Erieye.
it appear the additional batch of Erieye is not the same as first purchase older Erieye system range may be the same but have evolve further in different operational modes
as per 2015 video from SAAB official youtube channel

My eyes were preying since I had seen the following comment:

keyword being yet. And now this news?

@airomerix was the yet just a casual comment?

Pakistan will not have the ER for the foreseeable future. It would either need to be certified for the SAAB 2000 or we would need to swap platforms. The current platform is more than sufficient for our needs hence PAF is pleased with their performance

Pakistan will not have the ER for the foreseeable future. It would either need to be certified for the SAAB 2000 or we would need to swap platforms. The current platform is more than sufficient for our needs hence PAF is pleased with their performance

Is there a weight, dimension or shape difference that it would need to be certified?

Is there a weight, dimension or shape difference that it would need to be certified?

I assume there would be some differences, i.e its only available as a part of Saab's Globaleye suite, so therefore everything would need to be redesigned to fit on the Saab 2000, i also assume it has a higher power requirement even though it uses more efficient TRM's therefore that would need to be catered to etc.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) Hey, do we have any solid leads indicating this may be a follow up order for PAF?

Yes and no. The most solid lead we can get is a confirmation from PAF or SAAB. However, we can assume that this is likely for PAF based off of a few things:

Only S2K Erieye operators are the PAF and RSAF

PAF has been pretty happy with the systems

PAF also ordered 3 baseline S2K's in 2018

The value of the contract indicates that the order is for 3 systems

Beyond this we dont have much information.

I do brother, and I totally understand where you are coming from, but the big knobs don't take kindly.....to you know what. Vague comments will have to do, until the bird is in hand.
Very Cheeky....

Yep and the PAF never intended to fly the IL-78s for long. They wanted a dual boom/drogue AAR, but Airbus' A330 MRTT was both expensive and, when the PAF was open to it, denied (someone in the know basically said, "anything of strategic value is generally out-of-reach."

That said, I do wish the PAF would fund a pilot to see if they can integrate UPAZ pods to old A330s.

Even same integration can be done on Airbus 310 having a low cost option given edge to refuel our f16s

Yep. It makes one wonder how much longer the PAF will try milking it, especially if Saab intends to stop offering the older Erieye.
Sir what is difference between GlobleEye and Erieye ER version ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom