What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Did I say this source says Pakistan operates it?

Secondly, pls feel free to believe what you like. Don't change your opinion on my behalf.

I don't have to "believe" anything, because facts (something which is in short supply with quite a lot of people on here) show that we do not operate the ER version. Unless facts suggest otherwise, any Tom, Dick or Harry can claim whatever he/she likes based on what his/her uncle's, brother's, imaginary friend may have said. But it's nothing new, most of Pakistan's society is like that, so it's not really your fault, it's just symptomatic of the culture.

I don't have to "believe" anything, because facts (something which is in short supply with quite a lot of people on here) show that we do not operate the ER version. Unless facts suggest otherwise, any Tom, Dick or Harry can claim whatever he/she likes based on what his/her uncle's, brother's, imaginary friend may have said. But it's nothing new, most of Pakistan's society is like that, so it's not really your fault, it's just symptomatic of the culture.
Bhai kaway wohi khao, jiss kay liyae tum mashoor ho! :enjoy:

I think you have very high expectations from an open forum mostly frequented by kids and retirees. It’s not a Clearing House for top secret information for your benefit. Having said that a lot of real information can still be garnered from rumors, loose talk, bar talk, BS and other unreliable sources.

I think you have very high expectations from an open forum mostly frequented by kids and retirees. It’s not a Clearing House for top secret information for your benefit. Having said that a lot of real information can still be garnered from rumors, loose talk, bar talk, BS and other unreliable sources.

I don't expect anything from kids and retirees as you say, but that equally applies to calling out BS when it is.

AESA is different from traditional radars and techniques are also different. There are ways of using AESA as jamming radar by focussing energy on enemy radar.
Pakistan initially got washed down version of erieye without SIGINT / ELINT but later third party equipment were added for the purpose and current versions being used by PAF does have SIGINT / ELINT capabilities.

Probably posted before, but here is the company blurb from 2013.

View attachment 629491 View attachment 629492
View attachment 629490
Hi thanks for your answer with the detailed link which is very useful to understand the Saab system

Any news regarding increasing the numbers of saab and ZDKs for role of AEW&C or PAF want go with ssme numbers

Any news regarding increasing the numbers of saab and ZDKs for role of AEW&C or PAF want go with ssme numbers

I think for a country Pak's size we have more then enough. In terms of AEW&C aircraft we have the 3rd or 4th largest fleet in the world. 6/7 Erieyes and 4 ZDKs means we can probably have 3 aircraft constantly on the air during wartime. Unsure if we need more

I suspect PAF is waiting for the next leap in technology in China for AWACS/AEW&C before ordering 4 more of the latest, that seems to be the strategy now, but units of every increasing batches that are supportable and can be upgraded.

I think for a country Pak's size we have more then enough. In terms of AEW&C aircraft we have the 3rd or 4th largest fleet in the world. 6/7 Erieyes and 4 ZDKs means we can probably have 3 aircraft constantly on the air during wartime. Unsure if we need more
As mention 6/7 saab erieyes, only 4 are these remaing 2 just transport plan nothing fitted on them

I suspect PAF is waiting for the next leap in technology in China for AWACS/AEW&C before ordering 4 more of the latest, that seems to be the strategy now, but units of every increasing batches that are supportable and can be upgraded.
Can be possible

As mention 6/7 saab erieyes, only 4 are these remaing 2 just transport plan nothing fitted on them

Can be possible

6/7 Operational, the damaged ones were repaired and re-certified, new equipment installed. The ambisuity in number is if all the 03 of the first batch are operational or only two were made operational.

6/7 Operational, the damaged ones were repaired and re-certified, new equipment installed. The ambisuity in number is if all the 03 of the first batch are operational or only two were made operational.
Yes true 2 previous that were restored and 2 new, making total 4
Remaining 2 are just normal transport aircraft, may used for training or other utilization, may in future thay will converted too

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom