What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I have a strategic question, how will Indian s-400 deployments affect our AWACS assets will they need to fly deeper in Pakistan reducing our detection range?

KV
S-400 has radar range of 600 KM, that cover most of Pakistan, excluding western Baluchistan, hence they will detect and track most of PAF AWACS movement as far as Sibi, and Karachi, and you don't assumed that they put S-400 right along the border but 150-200 km away from Pakistani border

S-400 has radar range of 600 KM, that cover most of Pakistan, excluding western Baluchistan, hence they will detect and track most of PAF AWACS movement as far as Sibi, and Karachi, and you don't assumed that they put S-400 right along the border but 150-200 km away from Pakistani border

Not sure but Israel keep beating the shit out of Syria and s-400 are deployed so ??? Not sure [emoji848] how is this great system with 600km and 400 km ....

Just system deployed at Latika cover whole country

https://www.military.com/defensetech/2018/01/26/russia-deploys-more-s-400-missile-systems-syria.html

View attachment 606898

Last edited:

Not sure but Israel keep beating the shit out of Syria and s-400 are deployed so ??? Not sure [emoji848] how is this great system with 600km and 400 km ....

i agree with both of you that fixed air defenses are a bit of red herring. Eventually, any fixed defense is overcome, case and point the Maginot Line.

It seems medium-range SAMs are affective like in 1970 Egyptian defenses but to your point long-range, SAMS have a chequered history. I understand from previous posts that PAF believes in having aircraft rather than SAMS as they provide much more flexibility.

Do you think PAF should get FD-2000 or FD-3000 will this in your opinion get us into a defensive mindset.

i agree with both of you that fixed air defenses are a bit of red herring. Eventually, any fixed defense is overcome, case and point the Maginot Line.

It seems medium-range SAMs are affective like in 1970 Egyptian defenses but to your point long-range, SAMS have a chequered history. I understand from previous posts that PAF believes in having aircraft rather than SAMS as they provide much more flexibility.

Do you think PAF should get FD-2000 or FD-3000 will this in your opinion get us into a defensive mindset.

Well there is a role fo sams but the way iaf just goes and beat the shit out of Syrians and Russian I am not sure may be there is a understanding between Russian and iaf not to touch each other and let the Syrians have it [emoji848]

I think the point being this 400 and 600 km range is against big pie in the sky type target and not everything out there ??

PAF follows western doctrines, which more believe in active air defense (air interceptions), where are SAMs are passive air defense and we currently lacking good SAMs coverage but i think Pakistan moving step by step next we will buy long range HQ-9 or Aster-30 SAMs

Adjustments.JPG

What is the range of TPS 77MR and that YC 12?

We had same thoughts when the S-300s were bought. The S-400 will not be placed on edge of border as they will be prime targets for our land based missiles, SSG (PAF), SEAD units and SOWs.
SAM and radar locations can be tracked beyond the normal radar distances of our AWACs through passive sensors.

Isreal's answer to S-300 has been its Rampage missiles (search it up on google). Pakistan's Nasr for land use and CM-400AKG for air use should offer similar if not better ability.
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...n_Speed_Past_Russian_S_300_Air_Defence_System

Last edited:
Does our ZDK 3 and Erieye have EW?

you see the small antennas on the aircraft they are foe ECM/EW
84484870_510792849853753_3293093408872071168_o-jpg.604038

so don't be afraid!

I have a strategic question, how will Indian s-400 deployments affect our AWACS assets will they need to fly deeper in Pakistan reducing our detection range?

KV
When a radar is switched on its affect is like turning on a torch in the middle of the darkest night with no moon or stars, you will be visible Thanks to sensors that exist now. there is a reason why S400 is so mobile and not a stationary system.

you see the small antennas on the aircraft they are foe ECM/EW
84484870_510792849853753_3293093408872071168_o-jpg.604038

so don't be afraid!

When a radar is switched on its affect is like turning on a torch in the middle of the darkest night with no moon or stars, you will be visible Thanks to sensors that exist now. there is a reason why S400 is so mobile and not a stationary system.

There will be tactics for this, highly classified, cant even mention.

Back
Top Bottom