What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

A full ban means everything no sales no support as per Bratva

I don't think that's true. The ban is on offensive weapons. If the ban applied to defensive weapons, the SAAB team wouldn't have come to Pakistan to assess the damaged AEW platforms, or reviewed the situation and told Pakistan they didn't buy the accidental warranty so the repair work can't happen for free.

In fact, majority of these assets were delivered post 2007, so due to a ban, nothing gets delivered as the company and its employees go to jail for it. The Swedes would've given you your money back or Chocolates worth the billion dollar you paid.

I don't think that's true. The ban is on offensive weapons. If the ban applied to defensive weapons, the SAAB team wouldn't have come to Pakistan to assess the damaged AEW platforms, or reviewed the situation and told Pakistan they didn't buy the accidental warranty so the repair work can't happen for free.

In fact, majority of these assets were delivered post 2007, so due to a ban, nothing gets delivered as the company and its employees go to jail for it. The Swedes would've given you your money back or Chocolates worth the billion dollar you paid.

That's exactly my point made in earlier post.

but they sale support items of saab-2000 to pakistan after ban

Have you read the wordings properly ?

Pakistan is placed on the same list on which Saudi arabia is and it was during the time of Gen Musharraf dictatorship in 2007 when all the dramas of judiciary and constitutional abhorration was happening. Read my post once again. As per the agreements signed before 2007, they would honor it in both spirit and letter. The SAAB agreement signed in 2006 covers after sale services until agreement runs it's course

Sweden banned new arms sales to Pakistan in 2007, but continues to fulfill contract obligations relating to Erieye, said Andreas Ekman, the ISP's director general. (the Inspektionen for Strategiska Produkter (ISP), the country's state agency for nonproliferation and export controls)

"We continue to honor contracts agreed before 2007 until they run out," said Ekman.

I don't know why people still confuses things and refuse to admit after reading clear cut wording of state official. If they aren't selling SAAB DEFENSIVE AWAC to Saudi Arabia, what makes people say they would sale defensive items to Pakistan ?

Last edited:

Pakistan is placed on the same list on which Saudi arabia is and it was during the time of Gen Musharraf dictatorship in 2007 when all the dramas of judiciary and constitutional abhorration was happening. Read my post once again. As per the agreements signed before 2007, they would honor it in both spirit and letter. The SAAB agreement signed in 2006 covers after sale services until agreement runs it's course

Sweden banned new arms sales to Pakistan in 2007, but continues to fulfill contract obligations relating to Erieye, said Andreas Ekman, the ISP's director general. (the Inspektionen for Strategiska Produkter (ISP), the country's state agency for nonproliferation and export controls)

"We continue to honor contracts agreed before 2007 until they run out," said Ekman.

I don't know why people still confuses things and refuse to admit after reading clear cut wording of state official. If they aren't selling SAAB DEFENSIVE AWAC to Saudi Arabia, what makes people say they would sale defensive items to Pakistan ?

Interesting. How long is the contract? Did PAF contract for full lifecycle cost ?

ZDK-03 serial number 13-003

Pakistan_Air_Force_Shaanxi_ZDK-03_%28Y-8%29_inflight.jpg

Why did Sweden banned Pakistan for arms sale..???

I have a feeling that the recently spotted Erieye in Saudi Arsenal is Pakistani Erieye,and Pakistan has got rid of Erieye all together.

Back
Top Bottom