Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Jane's Defence Industry Saab announces Saab 2000 Erieye maintenance contract
Record Infohide
Publication:Jane's Defence Industry
Author:James Hardy, London
Section:CONTRACTS
Countries: Pakistan
Sweden
Last posted:2013-03-22 Saab has signed a five-year, SEK1,100 (USD170 million) contract to support its Saab
2000 Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) aircraft in service with an
unidentified international customer, the company announced on 21 March. The contract includes "a comprehensive set of spares and support services for a
previously delivered system ... equipped with the advanced Erieye radar system and
ground equipment", Saab said in a statement. While the Erieye radar system has been fitted to several platforms, including the Saab
340 and Embraer 145, for eight customers, Pakistan is the only international military
customer for the Saab 2000. Pakistan received the first of four aircraft in December 2009. The second arrived in
April 2010, the third in late 2010, and the final aircraft in April 2011. They are operated
by No. 13 Squadron at Minhas air base, although one aircraft is believed to have been damaged during a terrorist attack on the base in August 2012. Saab is already in the process of repairing the damaged Saab 2000 Erieye. The Erieye features an electronic warfare suite that includes electronic support, threat
warning and countermeasures dispensing subsystems, an identification friend or foe
subsystem, command and control capabilities, and a ground-based mission trainer.
Although it can communicate with the PAF's Lockheed Martin F-16s via a data link, this
is not compatible with the force's Dassault Mirage fleet.

It is clear that there is a signficant diference in the reporting between Jane's and Defense Industry Daily!
Because jane's still says ''one damaged under repair''

While defensedaily article quoted by oscar says one destroyed two damaged....

It is clear that there is a signficant diference in the reporting between Jane's and Defense Industry Daily!

Bhai jaan aap googling doodling hi kartay raho!

Until you stop doing this googling and believing whatever is written on numerous websites, you will not get out of this confusion. Ground realities are harsh, Truth Hurts!

Sir jee...you can't prove these things to one whose ego is bigger than life. Gola maro.

I think I know the source of the confusion. There were three AWACS sitting at Kamra, while the fourth was away. But since people did not pay attention to this news. They think that the three that were attacked were all that it is of the Erieye fleet.

I think I know the source of the confusion. There were three AWACS sitting at Kamra, while the fourth was away. But since people did not pay attention to this news. They think that the three that were attacked were all that it is of the Erieye fleet.

No actually the source of confusion runs much deeper. Back to the original contracts...

Then absence of any picture of c/n 049 also adds to the mess.

Just say one is gone, and be over with.

This would be my last post on this issue.

Saudia bhai jan Saudia.

Oh the myth of Saudia financing the deal and buying one for itself and PAF training their crew was not a myth after all

Not entirely, my post should clear up the financing issue.

is that the original purchase was funded by a 2006 credit arrangement of SEK 7.4 billion from the Swedish Export Credit and Export Credits Guarantee Board. Now they’ll have to add SEK 1+ billion to cover this, all to a country that isn’t viewed as a terrific credit risk

The Saudi's arent helping with the Erieye as such. They did however, request help in getting theirs operational if they decide to stick with it.

Bhai jaan aap googling doodling hi kartay raho!

Until you stop doing this googling and believing whatever is written on numerous websites, you will not get out of this confusion. Ground realities are harsh, Truth Hurts!

Yes.....run and hide as you have no leg to stand on.
Your oh so confident attitude is based on hear say comig out of the Kamra airbase colony...
Gossip from workers... I have spent too much time on this website and remember almost all conversations i had with you..
You even said a laughable thing ''the plane burned with invisible smoke''...
I cant be bothered to dig up this exact of yours...But it must be here somewhere on this website.

While the rest of us back our claims with credible links and valid arguments..
You have been playing the same old broken record of yours,with repitition as your main argument and running away after writing the same comment over and over again.

Look at today's conversation...i posted half a dozen web links...oscar posted a few...
What you did?
Not a single news report or article and no propper arguments...
Just behaving like some grumpy old woman who cant bear being challenged.....grumbles illegibly for sometime then goes away...

You do need to change your way of arguments....specially in this case...

In any case, for refreshing our memories(and biding some time till Isha).
These are the Erieyes whose pictures we have seen(i.e we knew they existed with pictorial proof).

Operator date manf serial
Pakistan Gvmt 27/04/1995 J019

2207242.jpg

Operator date manf serial
Pakistan Gvmt 30/09/1996 09040

saab2000-55-large.jpg

25215217475814926038610.jpg

Apparently this one had an identity crisis. 09040->10040

Pakistan Gvmt 26/06/1997 10049 Active
saab2000-10-large.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 03/03/1997 10045
This aircraft also served as the demonstrator, so any pictures of the demonstrator is this one

saab2000-12-large.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 26/09/1995 10025 Stored
2094997.jpg

So, there are five SAAB-2000s. Of which four are AEW&C aircraft...and of which only 10-040 has been seen recently.
Which means that this little piggy was the only one not home when the wolves came , and huffed and puffed and blew the house down.

Here is how our precious $1 billion dollars were kept.
bta2q.jpg

The Saudi Myth is a Myth, because in Highmark 2010, we had 09-040 active.. So no missing plane as such.

The one I am really worried about is this one.. What to happened to his one?
s73r5431.jpg

@Oscar
Where was 10045 seen?

10040 was photographed and videod taking part in saffron bandit....

So that means two birds sighted in good health?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting Mystery, the serial of the one I posted as 09-040 looks to be 09-049. Yet, since 10-040 has happened..what is to say that 10-049 as also happened. Something is definitely messed up. However, it definitely seems that 10-025 is the one that bought the dust.

@Oscar
Where was 10045 seen?

10040 was photographed and videod taking part in saffron bandit....

So that means two birds sighted in good health?

I have no idea. I have only posted the pictures for reference to show that we had 4 AEW&C aircraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
You wonder which one is this sitting at Rafiqui in the latest images in google.
pyju.png

Well 10040 is confirmed alive and kicking... As took part in saffron bandit...

Did you hear or see any other?

And there's one at Sargodha here as well.. was it roaming around the country when the Sat was snapping up images?
21sk.png

Then again at Chaklala.
oo3a.png

Google earth images can be 1-3 year old....
Thats what it says on their FAQ page.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom