What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

i dont think there is anything wrong about trying to look in to the latest technology that u buy from other more advanced sources and try to produce something like that if u can... any country who can do that will definitely try... this is one the many ways to learn..

Well, one particular country is notorious for that. (I don't mean pakistan.)

On topic, PAF now has exactly two kinds of AEWACs, right? The SAABs and the Chinese ones? Are all the chinese ones exactly the same, or are there variations among them?

Also, what is the reason for having two different kinds of AEWACs? Is it to have a hi-lo mix like the IAF is aiming for? Is one of them a lot more capable than the other? Why not simply have the chinese ones alone (I'm assuming they are cheaper)? Wouldn't that save cost through commonality? Are the SAABs a lot more capable?

How many AEWACs does PAF intend to have in total? Are there more being procured? (A member has posted images of one being readied in China in the previous page.)

It is not different in the western world. Stealing, copying etc... Japan did it in the past. Taiwan did it. China os extremely doing it. Just watch the fight between Apple and Samsung... So if you don't you will not get the basic to move on. Typical Indian statement to blame Pakistan.

sent to a certain republic that has a MS degree offered in reverse engineering.

It's a theory..:angel:

There lies in the difference in remain being dependent and trying to become independent.

BTW.. It can be used as ground based radar and since it works in S-band possibly they can try and make it a FCR.

VKSL9493-787700.JPG

This one was the test bed and used on ground before being mounted on EMB-145.

Typical Indian statement to blame Pakistan.

I am quiet aware of the fact and I take a certain degree of pride in our Radar based electronics development.. no shame in admitting the part that most of our latest AESA designs are greatly influenced by Israeli ones and have had a lot of contribution in this regard.. but stealing and copying creates a bad reputation.

On topic, PAF now has exactly two kinds of AEWACs, right? The SAABs and the Chinese ones? Are all the chinese ones exactly the same, or are there variations among them?

Also, what is the reason for having two different kinds of AEWACs? Is it to have a hi-lo mix like the IAF is aiming for? Is one of them a lot more capable than the other? Why not simply have the chinese ones alone (I'm assuming they are cheaper)? Wouldn't that save cost through commonality? Are the SAABs a lot more capable?

How many AEWACs does PAF intend to have in total? Are there more being procured? (A member has posted images of one being readied in China in the previous page.)

the erieye talks to the F16's
the ZDK talks to the JFT
there is a GCI based system that links both and talks to both. you can call it hi-lo or whatever but its working.

There lies in the difference in remain being dependent and trying to become independent.

BTW.. It can be used as ground based radar and since it works in S-band possibly they can try and make it a FCR.

VKSL9493-787700.JPG

This one was the test bed and used on ground before being mounted on EMB-145.

I am quiet aware of the fact and I take a certain degree of pride in our Radar based electronics development.. no shame in admitting the part that most of our latest AESA designs are greatly influenced by Israeli ones and have had a lot of contribution in this regard.. but stealing and copying creates a bad reputation.

Let us wait and see how well it performs...

You have been on the forum for two years so you should be aware of the ongoing of the forum. Kindly do some research as well!

As for your questions, Fatman explained the need for 2 different types...

There are plans to have total of 8 AWACS, 4 Saab 2000 and 4 ZDK-03. And yes, the Saabs are more capable.

You have been on the forum for two years so you should be aware of the ongoing of the forum. Kindly do some research as well!

As for your questions, Fatman explained the need for 2 different types...

There are plans to have total of 8 AWACS, 4 Saab 2000 and 4 ZDK-03. And yes, the Saabs are more capable.

Wow. All right, I'll stay away. Thanks for the responses.

Wow. All right, I'll stay away. Thanks for the responses.

It's just that every other member comes in and asks a straight forward simple question without having spent one minute researching for anything, atleast go through the thread or the section. There's a treasure trove of information in the PAF section...

Don't expect everything on a plate ready to be served.

the erieye talks to the F16's
the ZDK talks to the JFT
there is a GCI based system that links both and talks to both. you can call it hi-lo or whatever but its working.

It's just that every other member comes in and asks a straight forward simple question without having spent one minute researching for anything, atleast go through the thread or the section. There's a treasure trove of information in the PAF section...

Every one says ZDK-03 is a lo in Hi-lo combination. Is it because it is chinese and every AWAC cost 70 million or is it because no performance data exist of ZDK-03?

Well Fatman I hope you can sticky posts and not just threads so I don't have to see the go damn bloody same question being posed again and again

easy way out.

Well Fatman I hope you can sticky posts and not just threads so I don't have to see the go damn bloody same question being posed again and again

sorry mate i dont know what u r talking about

easy way out.

sorry mate i dont know what u r talking about

I think what @Abu Zolfiqar means is that if there is a sticky thread containing basic info about PAF's AEWACs, where a few of the most informational posts are put up, then some of us will not have to ask basic questions and irritate some of you.

Yes it was the "easy way out" for me to ask those questions, without going through 223 pages of this thread first. If there is a 2 or 3 page sticky thread with just relevant posts with info, then it would be easy for me (and many others like me who have a mild interest, but not more) to look that up before asking questions here.

As it stands, I really cannot go through 223 pages to get the answers to a few questions that popped in my mind. Not because I am too lazy to make an effort, but because like many others who are on the forum, military technology is only one of my interests. (Unlike for some of you who are professionals in the field.)

I second Abu's suggestion that there be a sticky thread. It will help some of us who are seeking knowledge merely out of curiosity. (I know I'm not the only one.) And it will eliminate the irritation that you or @nuclearpak or others who aleady know a lot feel, when you see these elementary questions. We could get the info we need without disrupting the thread or asking questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/121866-awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-designs-3.html

this thread has the posts containing 'specs' of paf systems -- I can put/copy the pak related data in this thread into a new info pool thread that i will start if its required by members?

A better option would be to edit the first post of the thread with all the info of PAF's AWACS, number, type, squadrons, date of induction and delivery, origins, a brief overview of the specs etc.

So the FAQ's answers can be posted there.

Back
Top Bottom