What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

They got saved due to the timely arrival of fire crews!!!

Warna they would have melted in no time.

The initial thoight was that the internals got burned but later these fears proved wrong.

That is why some people including me initially said that 2 destroyed.

So 1 destroyed and 3 flying??

So 1 destroyed and 3 flying??

I am not sure whether the other two damaged ones are flying or not, one had more damage than the other one so logically it would have taken more time to repair.

Till now we have seen Saab's on 2/3 occasions but no serial number was distinguishable, so I guess atleast 2 are flying...?

Also remember, the ERIEYE system is the valuable thing, so the actual question about those 2 systems would be that whether the ERIEYE on affected aircraft got any damage? If it did, then has it been repaired? Cosmetic damage to the aircraft isn't really tough, you can get panels very easily in this amount of time.

They got saved due to the timely arrival of fire crews!!!

Warna they would have melted in no time.

thats not true.
the cross fire was very intense and one fire tenden got hit pretty badly. this delayed the arrival of fire rescue. other wise had they got their in time the ac that got hit, its electronics would have been saved for sure as the rpg round hit the back end of its air frame.

ps: the indian members on the forum must be having a field day and the time on their life reading all this.
but i got news for u, that even though this incident was pretty bad for Pakistan but it also had a silver lining. in fact it was a coup and the evidence and info gathered has been (how shall i say) very very helpful for our cause.

thats not true.
the cross fire was very intense and one fire tenden got hit pretty badly. this delayed the arrival of fire rescue. other wise had they got their in time the ac that got hit, its electronics would have been saved for sure as the rpg round hit the back end of its air frame.

I was talking about the other 2 which were beside the middle one.

From what I heard initially, atleast one more aircraft was thought to be toast.

But good thing we recovered it.

ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle

ZDK-03 is an export AWACS system being developed for the Pakistani Air Force. This project was initiated in the early 2000. A Y-8 AWACS testbed (S/N T0518/Project 021) based on Y-8 Category II Platform was first discovered at CFTE in early 2006. Unlike KJ-200, this variant carries a traditional rotodome above its fuselage, with a mechanically rotating antenna inside.

The PESA radar is thought to scan electronically in elevation but mechanically in azimuth. Therefore the Y-8 AWACS was speculated to be developed for the export market only as it appears less advanced than KJ-200 which features a fixed AESA radar. However this design does provide a true 360° coverage and carry a cheaper price tag. The AEW radar may be the product of the 38th Institute/CETC, but no details are available. The aircraft also features a solid nose and tail with MAWS sensors on both sides, as well as small vertical stabilizers attached to its tailplanes. Another two MAWS sensors are attached to the tailcone as well. Additional fairings are seen at the wingtips and the tail housing ESM antennas.

The Y-8 AWACS protoype flew to Pakistan and was evaluated by Pakistani AF in 2006. After some negotiations a much improved design was developed based on PAF's specifications. The variant is now named ZDK-03 (ZDK means CETC) and is based on the new Y-8 Category III Platform featuring WJ-6C turboprops with 6-blade high efficiency propellers. It was reported in early 2009 that a total of 4 were ordered by PAF in a $278m contract. The first ZDK-03 prototype rolled out in November 2010 at SAC.

Since then it has been undergoing test at CFTE (S/N 733). ZDK-03 is expected to serve as the airborne command & control center for the JF-17 fighter fleet currently in service with PAF. However it does not have the secure NATO datalink installed to effectively command western fighter aircraft such as American F-16. Therefore ZDK-03 operates together with Saab-2000 in a "high-low" combination in order to coordinate various Chinese and western made combat aircraft effectively. The first ZDK-03 (S/N 11-001) was delivered to PAF in December 2011. The 2nd (S/N 11-002) was delivered some time later. A recent image (March 2012) suggested that at least one more ZDK-03 has been built.

- Last Updated 4/14/12

^ A picture of some new developments in china showing third ZDK-03 in the last picture, ready to rock n roll.

34780_243843_297444.jpg

@nuclearpak,

So if Air Directorate was hiding the truth, should we now assume the secretary defence lied as well. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry didn't get it...could you rephrase?

The ISPR (Air) told me that one Ereye received nominal damage, every one was insisting otherwise, then the secretary defence apparently told the senate committee that one aircraft was destroyed so the ISPR was considered as a culprit, now some other source has cropped up claiming otherwise....so now do we point fingers at the secretary defence for telling half truth. !!

The ISPR (Air) told me that one Ereye received nominal damage, every one was insisting otherwise, then the secretary defence apparently told the senate committee that one aircraft was destroyed so the ISPR was considered as a culprit, now some other source has cropped up claiming otherwise....so now do we point fingers at the secretary defence for telling half truth. !!

What source has cropped up what? Any new development I missed?

From the same link ANTIBODY provided...Google Translate

THis link says 3 destroyed...? I doubt it though. Maybe they mixed up damage and destroyed.

And the link quoting secretary defence?

On the other side, Did Air Directorate or ISPR refuted secretary defense statement? or you could call your beloved ISPR and could ask them weather secretary defense was lying :omghaha::omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom