What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

if you are talking of FT-2000 a single unit would cost atleast 150 million..so 20 units around 3-4 billion dollars..thats too much for these days atleast

A total of 4-7 FT-2000 would be enough, one on Southern sector near Gwadar/Karachi, two in the Western sector, in Baluchistan and KPK, the rest on the Indian border, including one at Northern sector. Rest could be cheaper and smaller ones, just a rough figure I had put forward about 20.

A total of 4-7 FT-2000 would be enough, one on Southern sector near Gwadar/Karachi, two in the Western sector, in Baluchistan and KPK, the rest on the Indian border, including one at Northern sector. Rest could be cheaper and smaller ones, just a rough figure I had put forward about 20.

There have been rumors lately that Pakistan and China are working together on a long range air defence system . If so i think that is why PAF hasn't went for any long range air defence system even when they have the option for Chinese ones. Came from the mouth of a senior member on a sister forum but rumors are rumors they can go either way .

Atleast i would not believe it until something comes out officially

1zlvzi1.jpg

delivered ZDK operational with PAF

There have been rumors lately that Pakistan and China are working together on a long range air defence system . If so i think that is why PAF hasn't went for any long range air defence system even when they have the option for Chinese ones. Came from the mouth of a senior member on a sister forum but rumors are rumors they can go either way .

Atleast i would not believe it until something comes out officially

as far as i can confirm pak and china are working on long range radar in pak to detect stealth bombers ...............

1zlvzi1.jpg

delivered ZDK operational with PAF
ZDK-03: A variant designed specifically for export to the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Consists of a Chinese AESA? radar mounted on the Y-8F600 platform.The radar is reported to have a greater range than that of the PAF's Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C radar
it really good than Erieye

It is better to be having a different equipment which keeps the enemy guessing the pitfalls....

agreed is the fact that Phalcon AWACs are the most advanced among all... but still they all serve the same purpose....

I'm intrigued to know how much PAF payed for SAAB AWACS. All over the internet and here it says PAF paid 1 Billion dollar. Initially it was 5 Awacs and 1 trainer. Order Revised, 3 AWACS and 1 trainer, but no body know what was the revised price than? Any one has the IDEA?

People are saying something about Saab 2000 AEW&Cs that one has been damaged and other is being destroyed but some says only one has been damaged. What you say???

People are saying something about Saab 2000 AEW&Cs that one has been damaged and other is being destroyed but some says only one has been damaged. What you say???

Hi Mr. Nishan_101, I opened a seperate thread about this. Moderators kindly please delete or merge it, as you deem fit. I just do not want to start a second discussion on this. Thanks.

who are these people...!!!

Aftermath of Base Assault.

•The aftermath of the brazen Taliban assault on a Pakistani airbase near Islamabad on Thursday reveals that militants were unable to breach the facility beyond its outer security perimeter. According to media reports, the base was at heightened security due to recent intelligence reports anticipating an attack of this nature, and the nine militants were engaged soon after scaling the base’s perimeter wall. Only one aircraft out of the base’s fleet, the target of the attack, was slightly damaged in the assault. One more soldier involved in the firefight succumbed to his injuries on Friday, bringing the military’s death toll from the attack to two.

this is what i had written at around 7am local time on an other forum

-early reports suggest that the saab has suffered damage to either its engine or its air frame. The damage is not that great and the ac will become operational very soon. The good thing is that by the grace of ALLAH it did not suffer any damage to its electronics.

-Their has been one fatality on part of PAF.

-The parameter wall is 16 feet high and on top that is a fence supported by barbed wire. It is also supported by close circuit camera. wt is missing is parameter fence sensors.

- This operation was carried out from the south, south west side. their are ridges here that over look the ab.
-The terrorists were being provided covering fire from these ridges, and under this covering fire they tried to enter the airbase.
the terrorists were engaged by the DSG soldier manning the wall. the soldier shot dead a terrorist on the spot but attained shadat in process.
By this time the rapid reaction force had been alerted, which came in to action and engaged the terrorists and in the process were able to push the terrorists to a corner close to their entry point and it their that they were sent to hell.
-according to the initial reports The rpg round that landed near the saab 2000 was also fired from the ridge over looking the airport and due to the distance the effect of the rpg was nullified.

All in all great job by the rapid reaction force/DSG/WSSG and SSG. As no matter how much bs our illiterate and dumb media spreads it is no mean feat defending an air base the size of kamra and that too when civilian population is living all along the boundary wall of the ab.

in addition to wt i had stated earlier in the day, the ac was parked in a hanger and the hanger door was shut and that wt probably saved the ac from major damage or worse total destruction in addition to the fact that the rpg was fired from the ridge that over looks the ab by the handler/terrorist leader who was providing covering fire to the terrorists. After being spotted and challenged he blow him self up. he was the second terrorist to die after the first one was shot by the DSG soldier.

The nose cone of the saab has been demaged and will be sent to sweden for repairs, even though it can be repaired in house.

and by ALLAH's grace i have been vindicated

these ridges provide good vantage point for terrorist.
These should be included into the base.
Also i am concerned about the villages around the base. Intelligence agencies must have some agents in villages which are around such high value targets.

these ridges provide good vantage point for terrorist.
These should be included into the base.
Also i am concerned about the villages around the base. Intelligence agencies must have some agents in villages which are around such high value targets.

the majority of the villagers work at air base and the air men who dont get accommodation at the base usually rent a place in the village.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom