What's new

Pakistan's air defence Capabilities ...

In modern warfare we have ghanta airdefence ability. Last feb spice 2000 were released beyond our borders and they had glided 60km in our territory. They missed their targets is irrelevant. That day indians weren't lucky but that's not how it would always be. SAMs with 40km max range is no deterrence at all.. the are the SAMs if u can detect them you can always avoid them... longer range SAMs (120km above) are lethal because they have too much rocket power to track and chase. It gets more n more difficult to evade them. S400 though heavier system but due to its extra ordinary long range it would be very difficult for a strike group to avoid them. Either we get them long range systems or we should lower our expectations in high intensity conflict. We will definitely attain more damage than we can afflict.

We shud be concentrated on missile defence rather than air defence

We shud be concentrated on missile defence rather than air defence
We shud concentrate on both ABM and air defense , if we will get let suppose HQ-9 series, ABM capability automatically we will have against short range BMs

Wait for Chineese to put some technology of S400 and increase the range of HQ 9
Interesting...

China has bought a huge number of S-300 in the past, and they are becoming obsolete now. S-400 can be fully compatible with them, so China chooses to buy some S-400 to upgrade old S-300 before they are consumed End.

Besides, the development pattern of China's air defense systems is other than that of Russia. China won't develop a system similar to S-400.

China has HQ-19 and others already.
I don't want to derail this thread and gets ban from this thread also just like in block 3 discussion thread but i have to say that there no verifiable news that HQ 19/ HQ-26/HQ-29 operational in Chinese military or still in development phases

i have to say that there no verifiable news that HQ 19/ HQ-26/HQ-29 operational in Chinese military or still in development phases
I don't think PLA has the "good" tradition to show off mock-ups, while they are still on the drawing board.

So you're saying these SAMs are still in development phases???
No. China doesn't show you something, not meaning that China doesn't have it.

You can see the mock-ups of KF-X, TF-X, and so on when they are on the drawing board, but can you see anything before the maiden flight of J-20 or FC-31?

No. China doesn't show you something, not meaning that China doesn't have it.

You can see the mock-ups of KF-X, TF-X, and so on when they are on the drawing board, but can you see anything before the maiden flight of J-20 or FC-31?
So you their development is completed but testing remains or you're trying to say these SAMs already inducted to PLAA?

Back
Top Bottom