What's new

Pakistan's Afghan games hot up, Krishna heading to Kabul

DesiGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
New Delhi, Jan 3 (IANS) With a high-profile Afghan delegation heading to Pakistan in search of a peace deal with the Taliban, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna goes to Kabul later this week to underline India's resolve to retain its influence in that country.

Krishna is likely to be in Afghanistan Jan 8-9, well-placed sources told IANS.

Krishna will meet the Afghan leaders, including President Hamid Karzai and Foreign Minister Zalmay Rassoul.

In his interactions, Krishna is expected to highlight India's stakes in peace and stability in Afghanistan for which it has pledged $1.3 billion for a slew of reconstruction activities ranging from building roads and railways to power stations and grassroots projects.

He is also expected to reiterate India's apprehensions on the proposed reintegration of the Taliban.

In international conferences in London and Kabul last year, Krishna had backed an 'Afghan-led and Afghan-owned' peace deal, on the condition that the Taliban cuts links with terrorism and accepts the Afghan constitution.

It will be the first overseas visit by Krishna in 2011, a year that is expected to be a turning point in the nine-year-old US war in Afghanistan.

President Barack Obama has indicated that he will stick to plans to begin a phased withdrawal of around 100,000 troops from Afghanistan in July.

Krishna's visit will signal India's resolve to continue its multifarious reconstruction activities in Afghanistan in the face of pressure tactics by Pakistan aimed at forcing out nearly 4,000 Indians working on various infrastructure projects.

The trip takes place amid a renewed offensive by Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) to broker a deal between Kabul and the Taliban.

The Afghan delegation, headed by former president Burhanuddin Rabbani, will be heading to Islamabad Wednesday in a bid to enlist Islamabad's help to broker peace with the Taliban.

Supported by President Karzai, the delegation from the Afghan High Council for Peace has been mandated to open a dialogue with insurgents who have been trying to undermine the Karzai regime since the US-led forces ousted the Taliban regime in late 2001.

Rabbani is expected to hold intensive talks with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to explore ways to find a negotiated end to the conflict.

Last year, Gilani had stressed that Pakistan had an essential role to play in the Afghan reconciliation process if there was to be any prospect of peace.

'Nothing will happen without us, because we are a part of the solution, we are not a part of the problem,' he stated.

Pakistan's Afghan games hot up, Krishna heading to Kabul

How nice its a game for the retards, uff the indian paranoia when it comes to Pakistan. Try and keep trying, lets see how far you guys succeed in this "game" of yours.

PS the comments are directed towards the writer of the article, and not the op.

How nice its a game for the retards, uff the indian paranoia when it comes to Pakistan. Try and keep trying, lets see how far you guys succeed in this "game" of yours.

PS the comments are directed towards the writer of the article, and not the op.

Just wait and watch....:azn::azn:

In his interactions, Krishna is expected to highlight India's stakes in peace and stability in Afghanistan for which it has pledged $1.3 billion for a slew of reconstruction activities ranging from building roads and railways to power stations and grassroots projects.

translation

we have given you billions and we wont something back for that!

reality is that india is an artificial "player" in afghanistan since it shares no border, no culture and no ethnicity with afghanistan - only a pretension that it is some sort of regional boss - which is why india need try and salvage something from their afghan investment.

Just wait and watch....:azn::azn:

I am in fact we all are my friend and by the article I understand its a game, so lets see. But I hope that GOI dont run with their tale tucked between their legs crying and whining like they did in Sharjah when we use to beat u in the games. After all its just a game. Enjoy.

thumbs%2Bdown%2Bsmiley.png

i just lol at the stupidity of indians to control pakistan through afghanistan, they know that what they are doing in afghanistan is not worth it, afghanistan is pakistan's backyard!!!

pakistan and afghanistan are infact one country!!!

Hello,

I wish if india spend those 1.3 billion dollars in poor indians or the farmers. Talibans r afghans may be they have different views the west has understood this, india should also cope with it. time to pack

TARIQ

i just lol at the stupidity of indians to control pakistan through afghanistan, they know that what they are doing in afghanistan is not worth it, afghanistan is pakistan's backyard!!!

than why are you getting so frustrated??? :angel:

just move on dude, and visit other threads in member club =!!!:cheers:

russian entry in a-stan is certain,if u.s goes.
btw u.s wont leave a-stan.

Hello,

I wish if india spend those 1.3 billion dollars in poor indians or the farmers. Talibans r afghans may be they have different views the west has understood this, india should also cope with it. time to pack

TARIQ

why are you so concerned about India?? dude, you are making fun of yourselves. please contribute something good at least for the sake of your own nation!

than why are you getting so frustrated??? :angel:

just move on dude, and visit other threads in member club =!!!:cheers:

I believe its his right to post as much as it is yours. :cheers:

russian entry in a-stan is certain,if u.s goes.
btw u.s wont leave a-stan.

Dude try to spell the whole thing I know for a fact that many of your country men dont like themselves to be called with some names. And so does the Afghanis. I am sure its not so hard to type the whole thing. Its called Afghanistan. And as far as Russia entering there, I think they are not that stupid, to put their hand in the hole to bitten twice.

@hammy2k

Pakistan and Afghanistan are two separate countries, have you forget that afghanistan has opposed UN membership of pakistan.

India and Afghanistan share same goal...disintegration of pakistan, They are making good friends.

is it why afghans are attacking pakistan?
and this move is not to control pakistan. how can anyone control pakistan by having good relations with afghanistan?(at the most it can help INDIA contain pakistan from other side as well)

But actually its to make good relations with afghanistan which could be a future market and ally in middle east.:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom