ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan’s 3, 4-star hotels to become coronavirus quarantine centres: NDMA
SAMAA | Abid Ali
Posted: Mar 19, 2020 | Last Updated: 42 mins ago
isolation-ward.jpeg

A photograph of one of the isolation wards set up by the Sindh government. Photo: Murtaza Wahab/Twitter

All three and four-star hotels in the country will be emptied and made into quarantine centres.

The National Disaster Management Authority has written a letter with this decision to the federal interior secretary and all four provincial chief secretaries.

In the letter, the NDMA has said it is necessary to take preventative measures against the coronavirus as per the WHO guidelines.

The hotels will be made into quarantine centres with one person to one room, said the agency.

The number of known coronavirus cases in Pakistan reached 301 as of Wednesday evening.

SAMAA | Abid Ali
isolation-ward.jpeg

A photograph of one of the isolation wards set up by the Sindh government. Photo: Murtaza Wahab/Twitter

All three and four-star hotels in the country will be emptied and made into quarantine centres.

The National Disaster Management Authority has written a letter with this decision to the federal interior secretary and all four provincial chief secretaries.

In the letter, the NDMA has said it is necessary to take preventative measures against the coronavirus as per the WHO guidelines.

The hotels will be made into quarantine centres with one person to one room, said the agency.

The number of known coronavirus cases in Pakistan reached 301 as of Wednesday evening.
Best decision..

This is what I suggested in one of my threads a few days back.

This should have been done in the first place but knowing how inept our state bureaucracy and departments are they would have not thought about it before the criticism they received due to their recent Quarantine centers.

SAMAA | Abid Ali
isolation-ward.jpeg

Good idea ... they are the best place to quarantine ... however, government have to give them some benefit for this service

This should have been done in the first place but knowing how inept our state bureaucracy and departments are they would have not thought about it before the criticism they received due to their recent Quarantine centers.
It was not required earlier as numbers were too low ... concentration was on stopping the spread now the concentration is on treating the effected

Good idea ... they are the best place to quarantine ... however, government have to give them some benefit for this service

It was not required earlier as numbers were too low ... concentration was on stopping the spread now the concentration is on treating the effected
I was talking about how they quarantined dozens of people in the same rooms quarantine doesn't works that way. Everyone has to be separated from one another so one infected cant infect others. The way we did it in the first place was to make sure even those without Covid-19 got it.

hope these owners of such hotels not bribe authorities and put multiple people in same room

I was talking about how they quarantined dozens of people in the same rooms quarantine doesn't works that way. Everyone has to be separated from one another so one infected cant infect others. The way we did it in the first place was to make sure even those without Covid-19 got it.
That wasn't the government policy. That is stupidity on part of the stupid bureaucracy. But at that point of time the idea was to hold the effected people away from population centers. Had that idea executed properly we wouldn't have required these hotels.

The probable reason was shortage of tents available and might be reluctance of people to live along in a tent in a proper quarantine situation.

That wasn't the government policy. That is stupidity on part of the stupid bureaucracy. But at that point of time the idea was to hold the effected people away from population centers. Had that idea executed properly we wouldn't have required these hotels.

The probable reason was shortage of tents available and might be reluctance of people to live along in a tent in a proper quarantine situation.
I m not faulting GOP here most of Pakistans problems are due to how inept our state bureaucracy and departments are and i have specifically mentioned it in my Original Post. All this mismanagement would have been avoided had they actually done their job properly and not tried to cut corners.

Last edited:
I m not faulting GOP here most of Pakistans problems are due to our inept our state bureaucracy and departments are and i have specifically mentioned it in my Original Post. All this mismanagement would have been avoided had they actually done their job properly and not tried to cut corners.
Agreed.

Yes, some sort of rental charges on room basis.

I m not faulting GOP here most of Pakistans problems are due to how inept our state bureaucracy and departments are and i have specifically mentioned it in my Original Post. All this mismanagement would have been avoided had they actually done their job properly and not tried to cut corners.

Mismanagement is our trade mark...how can we expect every thing would be done nicely in this critical hours.

Is the air-conditioning in these hotel rooms centralised or for each room only?

If centralised air-conditioning you may as well pack up this idea now.

Is the air-conditioning in these hotel rooms centralised or for each room only?

If centralized air-conditioning you may as well pack up this idea now.
It is highly unlikely that a 3 star hotel to have a centralized AC but in any case this is not an air borne virus so it doesn't matter.

It is highly unlikely that a 3 star hotel to have a centralized AC but in any case this is not an air borne virus so it doesn't matter.

Scientists are saying that it stays airborne in droplets for a few hours, depending on air circulation in buildings.

Scientists are saying that it stays airborne in droplets for a few hours, depending on air circulation in buildings.
Ohhh i didnt know that. I had a different perception. Thanks for updating. Can you please share some reference.

Ohhh i didnt know that. I had a different perception. Thanks for updating. Can you please share some reference.

Interviews with scientists on Geany's English channel called DW News and some British news channels. So much news to filter through so sorry it won't be possible but I'll take link of next one and post it.

Back
Top Bottom