What's new

Pakistanis Only Kuwait Lifts Ban... Restrictions On 5 other Remain

Is doing now! there are still 5 other countries its not doing that for. It still needs and gets unskilled labour but just not from the 6 muslim countries in the list.

Countries are entitled to formulate their visa policies that serves their national interests the best. May be they want to encourage diversity in their workforce. May be they have internal reports showing workers from which countries are most likely not to go back. It can be many reasons.

Countries are entitled to formulate their visa policies that serves their national interests the best. May be they want to encourage diversity in their workforce. May be they have internal reports showing workers from which countries are most likely not to go back. It can be many reasons.

Are the reasons you listed actually something you believe the case with Kuwait? Love your understanding of freedoms and democracy being clouded for some odd reason. Its refreshing.

Are the reasons you listed actually something you believe the case with Kuwait? Love your understanding of freedoms and democracy being clouded for some odd reason. Its refreshing.

Last I checked, Kuwait was a monarchy, not a democracy. Why would I expect freedom there? Having said that, the rulers of Kuwait are not insane. They will do what serves Kuwait the best.

Last I checked, Kuwait was a monarchy, not a democracy. Why would I expect freedom there? Having said that, the rulers of Kuwait are not insane. They will do what serves Kuwait the best.

Sounds fair. I know the existing political setup in Kuwait. What I can not grasp are "your" sensibilities trying to defend them by saying that is what happens there and they are not idiots. I will also not understand your vocal reaction to a country of 200m uneducated people trying to stuff democracy anyway they can. Whats good for the goose does not seem good for the gander.

Sounds fair. I know the existing political setup in Kuwait. What I can not grasp are "your" sensibilities trying to defend them by saying that is what happens there and they are not idiots. I will also not understand your vocal reaction to a country of 200m uneducated people trying to stuff democracy anyway they can. Whats good for the goose does not seem good for the gander.

I try to be fair and even-handed, never prejudicial, as much is possible, that is all.

Kuwait is a sovereign nation after all, despite a less than ideal governance system.

I try to be fair and even-handed, never prejudicial, as much is possible, that is all.

Kuwait is a sovereign nation after all, despite a less than ideal governance system.

That should have been you answer to begin with. What they have done by not issuing visas to the workers and their families is something unheard of in this world. Only a sovereign nation being run by a family can pull this off with the complete backing of the most robust democracy in the world.

What they have done by not issuing visas to the workers and their families is something unheard of in this world.

This is where I would beg to differ. Kuwait is not the first, or the only, country to place such restrictions on guest workers, and probably won't be the last either.

I'm mostly ok with Kuwait barring certain nationals since it would fall within their sovereign right (whether morally right or not is another matter). They have been trying to limit foreigners (esp the low-income segment) in the country and this step would be in line with what they wanted.

But what I find a bit disappointing was the inclusion of Pakistan in that list, despite our supposedly brotherly relations. Wouldn't inter-state relations account for an exemption from the start? Was our foreign ministry sleeping all this time?

Though I'm sure they (and a few others) weren't too happy with the IP gas pipeline. Not to mention we got on KSA's good book now with PM Sharif at the helm. :police:

~ RazorMC

Back
Top Bottom