What's new

Pakistanis angry at Afghans for building fort on ridgeline between two countries

^ Ameen, thanks brother and very same will Inshahlah happen in all Muslim countries. All Muslims have suffered enough. But one request brother, please don't say Afghani as Afghani means Afghan currency, it's Afghan. :)

Watani,

You've a skewed perspective here that's not grounded in fact.

157,000 hectares of opium were cultivated in Afghanistan in 2008. About 132,000 hectares was planted in Nimroz, Helmand, Kandahar, and Oruzgan. Those are pashtu populations amidst the world's greatest concentration of opium.

Who are these northern alliance warlords who operate drug networks in Garmsir, Lashkar Gah, Kandahar, Musa Qala, Tarin Kowt and other pashtu communities?

Most of this opium is collected and sold via the taliban. Most of them are pashtu. There is almost no cultivation of note in the northern provinces of late. Virtually all is concentrated on PASHTU lands and controlled by pashtus.

Maybe even Karzai's brother.

The tajik, uzbek, turkomen, hazara ethnicities don't match up well with the primary opium producing regions. Those areas are pashtu. The only warlords there are pashtu taliban warlords.

Didn't you write that your family is from Nangahar? You aren't pashtu, per chance?

^ Warlords are all over the place in Afghanistan and if all that is collected by Taliban so easily, how come none is noticing that or why aren't they being caught more regularly while doing it? I remember someone telling me that in Uruzgan a man saw Taliban roaming around the town and when he informed an Dutch militant about the Taliban, the Dutch said; We can't do anything because they aren't committing any crime at the moment. So it kinda looks like some don't even care about the safety in Southern parts. Let me tell you that the percentage of rape, robbery and kidnapping is highest in the Northern part of Afghanistan but those cases are very likely to be shown on News channels. Why? Because many warlords don't punish those criminals (mainly for money) and only Southern part is being pictured as 'evil area' while South-East cities like Jalalabad, Laghman and some others are doing a very good job in rebuilding. But at the end, whoever is dealing drugs is involved with some big names there and we can only hope it stops very quickly before even more people get harmed by it.

No my family lives in Nangarhar but originally from Nurestan and Koshistan, most of them. Although my forefathers used to speak Pakhto for centuries and my entire family is raised in Pakhtoon environment, I do also have Tajik blood somewhere. So I am basically mix of several races, LOL.

"Warlords are all over the place in Afghanistan..."

Indeed they are. So? If the bulk of Afghanistan's opium is grown in Helmand, Oruzgan, Nimroz, and Kandahar, which warlords are controlling that business? N.A. warlords? Not likely.

"...if all that is collected by Taliban so easily, how come none is noticing that..."

Who's "none"? The whole world has noticed and there's little question but that the Taliban are deeply involved in Helmand's opium. Most estimate that the taliban made between $100-300 million in fees and taxes on farmers.

"...why aren't they being caught more regularly while doing it?"

Between December, 2001 and April 2009, no ISAF forces had been south of Garmsir town in Helmand. Find a map, locate Garmsir town and then please note how much more of your largest province, Helmand, remains before finally reaching the Pakistani border.

A long, long way. Those are pashtu villages extending south to Pakistan and virtually all have been under the unhindered sway of the taliban while growing opium by their permission or direction.

"I remember someone telling me that in Uruzgan a man saw Taliban roaming around the town and when he informed an Dutch militant about the Taliban, the Dutch said; We can't do anything because they aren't committing any crime at the moment. So it kinda looks like some don't even care about the safety in Southern parts."

And then how does it look if the U.S. marines and British army conduct combat and security operations in Helmand? Does that reassure you that some care and all is not yet lost? The Dutch are careful people and have done their best to help Afghans. They don't wish to make mistakes and needlessly offend. Further, you and I know that many report others to the ferenghi in order to gain the assistance of ISAF against other afghans involved in personal feuds.

All allied forces must be very careful when dealing with armed afghans. It's not necessarily as it might seem all too often, wouldn't you agree?

Best to be careful.

"Let me tell you that the percentage of rape, robbery and kidnapping is highest in the Northern part of Afghanistan..."

If percentages, then your information must come from statistics of some kind? Instead of telling me, how about if you link me to your statistics that I might better see for myself?

"But at the end, whoever is dealing drugs is involved with some big names there and we can only hope it stops very quickly before even more people get harmed by it."

I agree.

when u claim something,claim it with sufficient proof.:tdown:.

Do you have proof that majority of Indian politicians are corrupt? If I ask you this question, you will say 'yes'.

Larzai govt. or any other govt. can't run without the support of drug lords and war lords period. No proof is necessary because people who follow Afghanistan know this.

For you, start with Abdul Rashid Dostum and it will help you understand the political structure of Afghanistan.

lets not get into this Pakistani's Love Afgan's and Afgan's Love Pakistani's lets not promote hate i've met a couple of Afganis living in Pakistan they are very much pro-Pakistani a act of 1 Afgan men doesnt mean that every Afgan's is a terrorist theres a big difference between a terrorist and a Mujahideen.Freedom will prevail in Afganistan Inshallah !

well I guess it's time to let go of the hate :tup:

Watani,

You've a skewed perspective here that's not grounded in fact.

157,000 hectares of opium were cultivated in Afghanistan in 2008. About 132,000 hectares was planted in Nimroz, Helmand, Kandahar, and Oruzgan. Those are pashtu populations amidst the world's greatest concentration of opium.

Who are these northern alliance warlords who operate drug networks in Garmsir, Lashkar Gah, Kandahar, Musa Qala, Tarin Kowt and other pashtu communities?

Most of this opium is collected and sold via the taliban. Most of them are pashtu. There is almost no cultivation of note in the northern provinces of late. Virtually all is concentrated on PASHTU lands and controlled by pashtus.

Maybe even Karzai's brother.

The tajik, uzbek, turkomen, hazara ethnicities don't match up well with the primary opium producing regions. Those areas are pashtu. The only warlords there are pashtu taliban warlords.

Didn't you write that your family is from Nangahar? You aren't pashtu, per chance?

That's not entirely true. There were many pashtun warlords that were later ousted by the Taliban, who came back after the invasion, and are allies in Karazai's government. Those former muj. warlords are upto their necks in the drugs business.

Do you have proof that majority of Indian politicians are corrupt? If I ask you this question, you will say 'yes'.

Larzai govt. or any other govt. can't run without the support of drug lords and war lords period. No proof is necessary because people who follow Afghanistan know this.

For you, start with Abdul Rashid Dostum and it will help you understand the political structure of Afghanistan.

Epic fail right there.:lol:

Afghan Govt Only listen, (Shamali Ithad) indians+ USA
This is why after them , (Inshah Allah after them) then they will listen us.

The Bulldozer is one of those Warlords who happened to be a very ruthless person who made a tremendous amount of money via drug trade and now apparently runs in Afghan Politics fighting drug traffickers lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom