What's new

Pakistanis and caste system

Your castes may have sub-sections but the branching system is entirely different from tribal framework of Pashtuns. Our population is mostly homogeneous while that of Punjab is heterogenous. In a Pashtun village a single clan lives forexample my village is nawar khel with population of almost 2000, we all are desendants of a man named nawar khan. Nawar khel has further 5 sub-clans, who are descendants of 5 sons of nawar khel. I can trace mu shajra nasab to nawar khan. On the same pattren, there are 150 villages in my district lakki marwat, who are all from marwat tribe and are desendants of an afghan prince, marwat khan lodhi. A person not related to tribe is only allowed to settle in the village as vassals. Now in your punjab people of different castes live in the same village.
Tribal enmities and inter-tribal wars are common among Pashtuns, pashtuns are notorious for inter-tribal wars but you cant conclude that they fought with each other because they look down upon each other. There is not a single Pashtun tribe who has no enmity with its neighbors, disunity is our problem since ancient times......agar ye aik united qaum hoti tu duniya par raj kar rahi hoti.
There is history behind those karigar people. Pashtuns were purely martial people , they loved wars and despised settling their lives with certain professions. Every member of tribe was required to participate in war, those who refused and wanted peaceful lives and chose these professions become isolated from rest as they were labeled cowards. They also stopped participating in jirga. They passed on their professions to their generations. Nowadays people dont marry with these karigars because they dont practice Pashtunwali. Khattaks are pure pashtuns but they are mocked because they are very weak in pashtunwali and their reputation is also not good as they actively joined British indian army against which we were resisting.

Every Pashtun family has the right to marry their girl to a family of their own wishes. Normally people are comfortable to marry within their own community, culture and ethnicity. Love marriages are exceptions. In case of arrange marraige, parents dont need to search rishta in distant places, they look for a family in their own area about whom they know every details and can trust them. In urban centers like islamabad, pindi. lahore, karachi etc, marraiges of Pashtuns (educated and non-traditional ones) with other ethnicities is very common phenomena.

Dude i know all these things and I have nothing against people making free choices . Everyone should be free to marry whoever they wish and people should have freedom to marry within their castes, ethnicities, tribes, sect, religion etc and it is not hypocrisy as the opening poster suggested but it is all about right of choice of individuals. Read this SYSTEM OF SOCIAL STRATIFICATION IN SWAT, NORTH PAKISTAN to know that evils are there in each province

Read Aspects of Caste in South India, Ceylon, and North-West Pakistan by E. Kathleen Gough, Michael Banks, Nur Yalman, Fredrik Barth. | Questia, Your Online Research Library

Secondly if pashtuns are martial race then so are rajputs, jats, Gujjar, janua etc

Martial Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Janjua - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But that don't mean those who belong to non-martial races are weak/cowards and cannot fight. Its total BS

May amaal aur faraiz ki baat kar raha ta, level of imaan ki nahi, uss say tu sirfallah ba-khabar hota he.

insaan k sab amal aur faraiz ka be sirf Allah ko he pata ha ..kis k achey amal uss k gunah se zayda ha..kis k konsa se amal par allah uss k gunah maaf kar dey sirf Allah ko pata ha. hum ko day of judgement idar nhi bananaya chaya ..every soul is responsible for his own deeds aur hum ko pata ha iblees shitan ko uss k takabar aur pride ne he tabah kiya.

Since you are a sensible guy, and not a hate monger I did want to address you in the same fashion as I do to 98% of the Indians on this forum.

I have my own patriotic views and If I say them, you as an Indian may be offended, The little heart comment that I made was due to the fact that your military has expanded due to the threat of a small country like Pakistan.

But again, I want to address to you that you do not seem like a dogmatic person. I rather find a reasonable compromise with someone like you than dealing with a dog from Northern India.

Just my thoughts.

The reason I favor you over the dogs from North India, regardless of religion is because you have not been rude towards me. So in response I in no way feel the inclination to be rude towards you
Calling north indians dogs?? hahahaha. The only reason why you hate north indians is because we put you pakistanis in your place. After all how can a pakistani punjabi racially abuse an Indian punjabi or a kashmiri?? It would be ridiculous in the first case and hilarious in the latter. You like south indians because inherently like all pakistanis, you want to feel light skin compared to indians.
Btw we indians are all one. A true aryan means a noble person. Being light skinned racist is not aryan behaviour. I love all indians from all states

same as ur so called brahmins

they insult south indians n dalits when the reality is they r the original indians

same as ur so called brahmins

they insult south indians n dalits when the reality is they r the original indians
thst's just propaganda. the only time we talk about dalits is when referring to inhabitants of certain neighbouring countries :) Otherwise, everyone realizes caste is a flawed and immoral concept.

thst's just propaganda. the only time we talk about dalits is when referring to inhabitants of certain neighbouring countries :) Otherwise, everyone realizes caste is a flawed and immoral concept.

i think caste system is 1000 times more dangerous than taliban

i think caste system is 1000 times more dangerous than taliban

that may be an exaggeration but i see your point. I am atheist and don't care about caste. It's definitely eroding in India.

I have noticed that many pakistanis, espeically in punjab are still following the caste system, my question is why? even so called religious mullahs are following the caste system specially in terms of marriage, the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Castes in Punjab are like surnames or family names. There are some rigid old ppl still discriminating on the basis of families but in general other than one caste making fun of one other ppl do get married between castes. NO one restrict it. I know some Indian here will get us a news of some instance where inter caste marriages are barred but in general u do not see that anymore especially in urban punjab

By jokes I mean like since I am a Sheikh we are called kanjos :) Aryans are called ganday bejan al (Onion growers) for Jatt it is said when he is hungry he start robbing and when content start beating other

Jatt pokha ho way tey lutda ai
Rajiya howay tey kuttda ai :)

Back
Top Bottom