What's new

Pakistani Vegetarian Dishes... Post your favorite veg Dishes from Pakistan

Asalamu Alaikum

Did I anger the vegetarian?

180 million Pakistanis are not vegetarian lol.

They are not "vegetarian" (by choice atleast) but they're so poor they can't afford any kind of meat. And even the comparatively privileged class that eats chicken is barely consuming something that can be classified as meat.

And please stop this cancer attitude where eating meat is some sort virtue. I can expect this sort of behaviour from some afghani cavemen who think calling others daalkhor is an insult.

They are not "vegetarian" (by choice atleast) but they're so poor they can't afford any kind of meat. And even the comparatively privileged class that eats chicken is barely consuming something that can be classified as meat.

And please stop this cancer attitude where eating meat is some sort virtue. I can expect this sort of behaviour from some afghani cavemen who think calling others daalkhor is an insult.

I'm not talking about poor people, obviously those guys would eat more vegetarian-based dishes.

And even the comparatively privileged class that eats chicken is barely consuming something that can be classified as meat.

Are we to take this post seriously? Dude which part of pak do yuu live in? Chicken for privileged class? Then the poor must have been robbing the butcheries for meat.

This nuclear turd in his quest to stay relevant is spewing blatant lies about pak society and its eating habits . Even the poorest of the poor gets to eat chicken once in a week

come here :) - this is a country which lives off braai vleis. Of course, we gave the world Nandos, Muchachos. Every home has a connect braai place built off bricks stone slabs; you can put around 2 sheeps if needed flat.

Too much grilled on fire is not good; colon cancer and other issues.
We should not confuse facts with myths . Everthing is good in moderation and if i start etaing vegetables for few days then i start carving for meat and you will get bore with meat dishes if has to eat every day . I like variety :D

I'm not talking about poor people, obviously those guys would eat more vegetarian-based dishes.
Vegetables and daal are not cheap unless we are talking about seasonal vegetables in Pakistan but daal(lentils, chick peas, red beans etc) are in same price range as chicken or beef

We should not confuse facts with myths . Everthing is good in moderation and if i start etaing vegetables for few days then i start carving for meat and you will get bore with meat dishes if has to eat every day . I like variety :D

Vegetables and daal are not cheap unless we are talking about seasonal vegetables in Pakistan but daal(lentils, chick peas, red beans etc) are in same price range as chicken or beef
Absolutely :)
I normally have veggies everyday - greens/lentils/beans with fresh onions and mielie pap. Sometimes rice. Saturday is braai day :); or Friday evening. Sunday is poikjie day or roasted chicken.
Even eggs - just once in a week.
But in season sometime it will be guinea fowl; sometime impala meat or wildebeest.

Absolutely :)
I normally have veggies everyday - greens/lentils/beans with fresh onions and mielie pap. Sometimes rice. Saturday is braai day :); or Friday evening. Sunday is poikjie day or roasted chicken.
Even eggs - just once in a week.
But in season sometime it will be guinea fowl; sometime impala meat or wildebeest.
You are talking about raw green vegetables, salads which is good to eat every day. I was talking about vegetables curry. I have few sibling who dont eat meat at all because they watched animal getting slaughter in childhood and gave up meat after this but they always struggle to find veg stuff whenver go in wedding parties and others gathering where you get meat even in rice We often tell them to take pieces of meat out from rice and eat it but they dont and return home with empty stomache lol

You are talking about raw green vegetables, salads which is good to eat every day. I was talking about vegetables curry. I have few sibling who dont eat meat at all because they watched animal getting slaughter in childhood and gave up meat after this but they always struggle to find veg stuff whenver go in wedding parties and others gathering where you get meat even in rice We often tell them to take pieces of meat out from rice and eat it but they dont and return home with empty stomache lol
I eat some raw but all rest is cooked; lentils, cabbage, beans, green wild spinach, mustard greens, home grown squash are staples here. Also we have something called samp - it is broken up maize; mixed with different types of beans.
Not sure, you may want to google up melie pap - it is our daily staple across all the country.

I eat some raw but all rest is cooked; lentils, cabbage, beans, green wild spinach, mustard greens, home grown squash are staples here. Also we have something called samp - it is broken up maize; mixed with different types of beans.
Not sure, you may want to google up melie pap - it is our daily staple across all the country.
We make here boerewors - use sheep casing and fill it up with either sheep meat+fat etc or it will be impala + sheep fat. That is a favourite on braai. but it is very heavy on stomach. Other which is daily while outside or travelling - biltong - dried up game meat - salt/vinegar for 24hrs then hang it up outside for 7 days ; then good to start eating.

Bhindi,bengan,karela,tori,kali tori yahodi sazish hy :sick:

Bhindi,bengan,karela,tori,kali tori yahodi sazish hy :sick:

Apni fav veg dish
mooli-paratha-02-16-11.jpeg

@jamahir @django
What do you guys eat these with? We eat it aam/mirch achar, makkhan and dahi.
The yahoodi sazish is the gas that follows mooli ke paranthe.:bad:

Pak is not much meat country .. For Americans/Australians u are as vegetarian as Indians.
Screen_Shot_2016-05-30_at_12.18.34_pm.png

My guess is ''even in 2030 India's meat consumption will stay there''.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom