What's new

Pakistani troops aid Bahrain's crackdown.

Made from a PC.. with all the time in the world..
When push comes to shove.. I doubt even a hardcore Brahman would have issues sharing a meal with an outcast.
Shia sunni issues come up when you are either comfortable with your life and find nothing else entertaining.
Or you are extremely poor and extremist organizations provide a free meal..

Rahul Gandhi is doing it.

I am from a Schedule Caste unit (MAHAR) and I have eaten food they have prepared and eaten with them even though they are technically 'outcaste'.

Your ideas are outdated.

A Hindu would have never eaten in a Muslim house in yesteryears.

Today, not only the eat, but the chomp his chompers.

Only yesterday, I had biryani from Arsalan (best biryani in town and Muslim, if you don't mind).

Who care about who is who?

Not us.

We have graduated!

What differences you may observe it is not people to people, it is Vote Bank engineered by basket politicians.

I understand the Sunni Shia divide. When I was a young man (many moon and monsoon ago) I was caught between the annual shoot out of the Sunnis and Shias during Moharrum. I live to tell the tale and I am no Muslim!

Been there. Seen that! :)

You have a thread on Hindus eating beef.

Who the hell cares who eats what?

You may not drink or eat pork because of your religion. No quibble there.

But don't expect a Hindu to make a song and a dance about beef. Eat it if you want or don't. There is no song or a dance to be performed.

It is your conscience and your making peace with your God.

Sunni and Shia divide does concern me. Not because I want to salivate. No.

I am surprised if such a minor difference can cause a historically wrong divide and people go killing each other even though they believe in the same God and the same scripture and merely have an issue that has nothing to do with the spiritual but the temporal ie. the gaddi.

I take the liberty of being frank with you since I know you are a fair man and not charged with ....you know what that moves the magic wand and make people vanish for sometime!

I eat regularly from a Hindu friend's house. The college hostel food sucks and his mom is an excellent cook! Well, that's me..:P

I eat regularly from a Hindu friend's house. The college hostel food sucks and his mom is an excellent cook! Well, that's me..:P

You are welcome to eat with us when you come to Kolkata.

It will be our honour and privilege.

The UN hire regular armies from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh and other countries to clean crap of others so do you think it should also be halted.

besides in this case its choice of individuals to opt for jobs in bharani security set up and none has right to object to that

UN hires troops that are nominated by the respective countries and all the hired troops are current and operational. They are accountable for their deeds on foreign soil and they work under the same military hierarchy as they do in their own country. So kindly do not mix the two types as working under the UN is legitimized and UN troops are not sent to shoot at or kill or maim rioters in any country. They are their for humanitarian support!

Having said the above, hiring retried Army or Police personnel for a foreign LEA amounts to getting mercenaries to do the cr@p work which Arab's cannot do themselves!! Why should the Pakistani people be used as the fodder to fuel fire on a foreign land? This is totally unacceptable and steps should be taken to protest loudly against this act.

Rahul Gandhi is doing it.

I am from a Schedule Caste unit (MAHAR) and I have eaten food they have prepared and eaten with them even though they are technically 'outcaste'.

Your ideas are outdated.

A Hindu would have never eaten in a Muslim house in yesteryears.

Today, not only the eat, but the chomp his chompers.

Only yesterday, I had biryani from Arsalan (best biryani in town and Muslim, if you don't mind).

Who care about who is who?

Not us.

We have graduated!

What differences you may observe it is not people to people, it is Vote Bank engineered by basket politicians.

I understand the Sunni Shia divide. When I was a young man (many moon and monsoon ago) I was caught between the annual shoot out of the Sunnis and Shias during Moharrum. I live to tell the tale and I am no Muslim!

Been there. Seen that! :)

You have a thread on Hindus eating beef.

Who the hell cares who eats what?

You may not drink or eat pork because of your religion. No quibble there.

But don't expect a Hindu to make a song and a dance about beef. Eat it if you want or don't. There is no song or a dance to be performed.

It is your conscience and your making peace with your God.

Sunni and Shia divide does concern me. Not because I want to salivate. No.

I am surprised if such a minor difference can cause a historically wrong divide and people go killing each other even though they believe in the same God and the same scripture and merely have an issue that has nothing to do with the spiritual but the temporal ie. the gaddi.

I take the liberty of being frank with you since I know you are a fair man and not charged with ....you know what that moves the magic wand and make people vanish for sometime!

You ignored the hardcore part in that retort sir.
Otherwise I too have shared meals..
Surprisingly .. where I was given separate utensils and crockery.. was in an expat family's house in the US!!
The fact is, the divide exist because of vested interests..
Theological differences will remain.. small skirmishes will continue to take place. But where you see widespread havoc.. there is always someone to profit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom