What's new

Pakistani teenagers stranded in India

ssheppard

Reaction score
Six teenagers from Pakistan staying in an observatory home in India's western Jamnagar city, since being rescued from the Arabian Sea by the Indian coast guards during cyclone Phyan, are hoping for their early repatriation.

The Phyan cyclone hit three districts of the western coast of Mumbai city on November 11 (Wednesday), packing wind speeds of up to 75 Kilometer per hour. Thousands of houses of the cyclone hit regions suffered damage.

Out of the victims of the cyclone, six were Pakistani citizens who went into the Arabian Sea for fishing and got stuck in the Phyan cyclone. They were later rescued by the naval guards.

For sixteen-year-old Kabir Kasim, one of the rescued persons, the Observatory home has provided them with all the facilities but they want to get back to their homes. They want the authorities to speed up the process and send them back soon.

"We were stuck in the cyclone for three days, when we got out, we were on India's border. The naval guards then rescued us. We live here in the Child observation home and we don't have problem here, but we want to go home to our parents as soon as possible," said Kabir Kasim.

He added that the people in the Observatory home are very good and treat them like their brothers.

Mooljibhai Sonar, a Psychiatrist who examined the teenagers said that they need to get back home immediately because they are going under a lot of mental trauma as they miss their home and family very much.

"We want the technical process to speed up so that these children can go back to their homeland as soon as possible. I have counselled these children and found out that they are very emotional about their families and hence should get back home. We are doing our best to make them feel at home over here; we provide them with all the facilities but still they miss their respective families. The authorities should make provisions to send them soon so that their childhood can flourish amidst their families," said Mooljibhai Sonar, a Psychiatrist.

Anybody who crosses a country's border illegally gets a jail imprisonment for at least six months, but if the person is below 18 years of age can be spared. But until the official proceedings are completed, they cannot leave the country.

Six teenagers from Pakistan staying in an observatory home in India's western Jamnagar city, since being rescued from the Arabian Sea by the Indian coast guards during cyclone Phyan, are hoping for their early repatriation.

The Phyan cyclone hit three districts of the western coast of Mumbai city on November 11 (Wednesday), packing wind speeds of up to 75 Kilometer per hour. Thousands of houses of the cyclone hit regions suffered damage.

Out of the victims of the cyclone, six were Pakistani citizens who went into the Arabian Sea for fishing and got stuck in the Phyan cyclone. They were later rescued by the naval guards.

For sixteen-year-old Kabir Kasim, one of the rescued persons, the Observatory home has provided them with all the facilities but they want to get back to their homes. They want the authorities to speed up the process and send them back soon.

"We were stuck in the cyclone for three days, when we got out, we were on India's border. The naval guards then rescued us. We live here in the Child observation home and we don't have problem here, but we want to go home to our parents as soon as possible," said Kabir Kasim.

He added that the people in the Observatory home are very good and treat them like their brothers.

Mooljibhai Sonar, a Psychiatrist who examined the teenagers said that they need to get back home immediately because they are going under a lot of mental trauma as they miss their home and family very much.

"We want the technical process to speed up so that these children can go back to their homeland as soon as possible. I have counselled these children and found out that they are very emotional about their families and hence should get back home. We are doing our best to make them feel at home over here; we provide them with all the facilities but still they miss their respective families. The authorities should make provisions to send them soon so that their childhood can flourish amidst their families," said Mooljibhai Sonar, a Psychiatrist.

Anybody who crosses a country's border illegally gets a jail imprisonment for at least six months, but if the person is below 18 years of age can be spared. But until the official proceedings are completed, they cannot leave the country.

First of all they did not cross over to India rather a cyclone hit them landing them there.

So why the Indian government is taking it too long to send them back to Pakistan.

I think they should be immediatly safely handed over to Pakistani authorities at Wahga

First of all they did not cross over to India rather a cyclone hit them landing them there.

So why the Indian government is taking it too long to send them back to Pakistan.

I think they should be immediatly safely handed over to Pakistani authorities at Wahga

Well we have to do the due diligence. Anything remotely associated with the label Pakistan (read Ajmal ksab, Headley, Rana et al) has warning return all over.

lady...its called ....process....and it has to be followed....and someone from Pakistan must be in touch with India authorities and these kids..

I hope they will be home soon...till then they are staying here as guests......

Are they being tortured...No
Are they being interrogated No....

So relax....let authorities follow the procedures....and wait for them to get back home.

lady...its called ....process....and it has to be followed....and someone from Pakistan must be in touch with India authorities and these kids..

So relax....let authorities follow the procedures....and wait for them to get back home.

Its been over a month Mr. So How much time Indian authorities need ??

No mainstream Media of India carried this news item of their apprehension.

Well we have to do the due diligence. Anything remotely associated with the label Pakistan (read Ajmal ksab, Headley, Rana et al) has warning return all over.

And we just pray that Indians must not send these innocent Pakistani childern in coffins to Pakistan.

People used to say that they dint came intentionally but cyclone compel them to come in India and later they are found some detective or terrorist. So this is the reason that do full proof security check before releasing them. Offcourse these hurts student education if they were studying and i don't like it sometimes.

Its been over a month Mr. So How much time Indian authorities need ??

No mainstream Media of India carried this news item of their apprehension.

Now thats not fair....these were kids...so they might not have Passports ....it takes a month to get passports in place.....then clearances from Pakistan and India immigration offices....so may be a month or two should be a normal procedure....

It is in Indian Media so please don't blame media if you did not search for the news: Pakistani teenagers stranded in Jamnagar want to go back home - Yahoo! India News

Well i see some movie and know that BSF forces used these children as a labor in their house used to do their house work like cleaning etc. I dont like this.

In a hundred cases that followed your .... process...... innocent Pakistanis were tortured and interrogated btualy. Scores of cases are on record when Pakistanis, mostly the people who cross borders without knowing it and sailors (fishermen), get killed under custody.

I hope that India won't repeat this sort of their previous tradition or if they are waiting to forge another accuse on them.

KIT Out

In a hundred cases that followed your .... process...... innocent Pakistanis were tortured and interrogated btualy. Scores of cases are on record when Pakistanis, mostly the people who cross borders without knowing it and sailors (fishermen), get killed under custody.

I hope that India won't repeat this sort of their previous tradition or if they are waiting to forge another accuse on them.

KIT Out

Illegal and unauthorized entrants, Spies..and people overstaying Visa is a different issue than this.....they were rescued...and they will be treated accordingly.....

People used to say that they dint came intentionally but cyclone compel them to come in India and later they are found some detective or terrorist.

Come up with proofs about your above statement.

So this is the reason that do full proof security check before releasing them. Offcourse these hurts student education if they were studying and i don't like it sometimes.

read the news again and again untill you come to understand that the News Claims that Pakistani childern went fishing to Arabian sea and after a cyclone hit them the Indian coast gaurds rescued them and carried them to Indian shores.

KIT Out

Please provide proof for your claims of "hundreds" "innocent" pakistanis "tortured" and "killed" before you rant ....

Back
Top Bottom