What's new

Pakistani teen undergoes liver transplant in India

Another tail of a stupid Pakistan. LOL

i wonder how much bill will they charge her family. Judging by their greedy minds it will be tons of cash.
http://zeenews.india.com/health/lif...y-aged-4-and-uae-teen-in-delhi-1974614?src=fb
Kindly refrain from damaging the online disscussion environment. Thank you.

We also have these Facilities but i think they are expensive in Pakistan than india.
Most probably because of economics of scale. As India has extensive facilities for medical at far cheaper prices that it even attracts foreigners as well. Thank you.

Then how come every time so many Pakistani come to India for treatment....India don't go to Pakistan for such treatment......

Free.....There is long waiting list for this kind of treatment and people are ready to pay extra to make it fast.....consider it free that a Pakistani girl is treated whereas so many Indian are waiting.....
The moment you sell the dignity of such initiative it becomes worthless. Kindly refrain from using such words.

does india give free medical services to foreigners?

India gives free medical services, but you have to pay for the medicine yourself. This was at AIIMS hospital, one of the best in Asia.

But I am a NRI, so not to sure about 100% foreigners

India gives free medical services, but you have to pay for the medicine yourself. This was at AIIMS hospital, one of the best in Asia.

But I am a NRI, so not to sure about 100% foreigners

Sri lanka if you're a sri lankan in a general hospital then everything is free, including the medical service, medicines, equipment, which includes dental care. You simply give them your NIC number, and the hospital will invoice the health ministry for your medical costs.

If you don't have a NIC (i.e not sri lankan) the hospital will invoice you for the medical costs.

in terms of quality of healthcare, general hospitals are on par with private hospitals, expect if you want a 60-inch tv screen, and own deluxe suite, then you need private health insurance. In terms of the actual healthcare, they are equal.

In an emergency, the ambulance must take you to the nearest suitable hospital, if that happens to be a private hospital and you don't have the money or insurance to pay them, they are permitted to discharge you to general hospital if a qualified medical officer is of the opinion that it is safe to do so. The private hospital will still give you an invoice for your stay in the hospital, if your sri lankan they will get some of the money back from the health ministry but not all of it, and they'll try to get the rest back from you.

Money is not everything.
If these costs are not recoverable, surely there should be a public debate on this before public funds are used for purposes that do not have any benefit to the public.
Btw is that hospital public or private?

its a private hospital just checked, this is good for india. good export.

Usually, international foundations and health agencies cover the bills of such patients.

Also in some cases, we do provide free medical treatment if the concerned patients of specific countries approach our government for help.

If these costs are not recoverable, surely there should be a public debate on this before public funds are used for purposes that do not have any benefit to the public.
Btw is that hospital public or private?

its a private hospital just checked, this is good for india. good export.

Not necessarily paid.

Some cases yes, but other cases it helps to build political goodwill with friendly countries.

A very good news indeed, authorities deserve a kudos. The little girl however was extremely unlucky to have fulminant liver failure due to hepatitis A.

Some things are beyond politics and selfishness, buddy.

This is one such thing.

That girl did no harm to us and was innocent. We feel proud as a country to be able to help her.

That girl did no harm to us and was innocent. We feel proud as a country to be able to help her.

Everything is about cost and benefit.

The benefit you get is 'feeling proud' does everyone in your country replicate this view? without a proper open debate we dont know.

I would be outraged if our government was spending money without quantifiable tangible public benefit. (and for the most part we already are, at pretty much every government spending :cheesy:)

Everything is about cost and benefit.

The benefit you get is 'feeling proud' does everyone in your country replicate this view? without a proper open debate we dont know.
The standard of govt hospital is pretty low, if a foreigner is choosing it, may be because he/she is poor... nobody is flying into India to get free treatment(unlike NHS)
it will add unnecessary bureaucracy if we start charging.. besides not everything is free even in govt hospital.

The standard of govt hospital is pretty low, if a foreigner is choosing it, may be because he/she is poor... nobody is flying into India to get free treatment(unlike NHS)
is the NHS in uk? free for foreigners? I had no idea

Back
Top Bottom