What's new

Pakistani Taliban announce month-long ceasefire

Ok, i said it in a wrong way . . what i meant was that its the right option . . see PA can force them upto certain level . .but can not eradicate their ideology completely. . .and that's a sad reality . . . for a complete eradication, creating awareness and education is the right way . .i know its a time taking process . . but . . . more effective :agree:

Yeah its what needed in the long run. There are three types of TTP;
  1. Brainwashed still capable of redemption. In the last operation a lot of them were rehabilitated, trained and put to work.
  2. There are some who will do anything possible to be reduced to fossil. This is where force becomes necessary.
  3. Some high profile leaders who may drop their evil ways but have a lot of blood on their hands, this is where torture till death is needed to squeeze any and all info out.

Delay tactics to stop PAF attacks and reestablish command

We can accept ceasefire till we have bases in NW so we can keep control over the territory.

I agree with you and others that children and women of north waziristan deserve no sympathy, its better that they are roasted in bombardments after all these women and children are responsible for deaths of more than 60 thousands pakistanis. For the sake of protecting future of lives in islamabad, lahore and karachi, the race of waziristan must be wiped out.

I understand what you mean. It's easy for us to neglect the damage because the problem is far away from us.
I don't mean to demean the normal people of Waziristan in any way. I've been critical of military abuse myself in the past. But I wish there was a better solution. There's very little that can be done to avoid civilian casualties and displacements. I am hopeful that target airstrikes alone an win us this war. A ground offensive would be disastrous to the people there.

I agree with you and others that children and women of north waziristan deserve no sympathy, its better that they are roasted in bombardments after all these women and children are responsible for deaths of more than 60 thousands pakistanis. For the sake of protecting future of lives in islamabad, lahore and karachi, the race of waziristan must be wiped out.

thats not what he is saying. people of the tribal areas are the ones who suffered the most. they suffered at the hands of ttp simply for being pro government. i bet most of these kids that did die are because they were living in terrorist safe havens like they are the families of the terrorists. it is very sad that they died but their deaths are blamed on the ttp.

merey bhai even the most well trained civl police squad can't ensure zero collatoral damage, the damage happens

one child mistakenly killed during the attack is very aweful and anti pashtun behaviour

hundreds of children killed deliberately by talibans kharjis is ok, and morally fine

how can you justify that no action should be taken, and the barbarian TTP should be made the occupiers and oppressors of FATA and KPK

don't you think that its pashtun people who demand clean up of this TTP for a long term peace?

Can we also have bombing campaign on MQM gangsters in Karachi. Bring out the baburs.

The state of Pakistan , Pakistan army and the so called Establishment, is getting what they deserved, I have no symphythy for army and its boses, Who have created this monster in the first place..
What goes around comes around !!!
I only hope the Taliban really teaches Pakistan army a lesson they will remember for next 700 years...

Can we also have bombing campaign on MQM gangsters in Karachi. Bring out the baburs.
My friend, you don't see any difference between a banned rebel armed militia and a political party (however inclined it is towards militancy)? Only MQM has gangs? ANP or PPP don't have them? Other Pakistani cities have no gangs? and if they have (and of-course they have), do you also suggest to subject them to aerial bombardment? Come on man, I also dislike MQM, and totally against their way of politics, but this dis-likeness of mine should not make me blind and equate TTP (aliad JI/JUI) with MQM.

I only hope the Taliban really teaches Pakistan army a lesson they will remember for next 700 years...
Whatacha doin in Canada? Come join taliban, army would have pleasure "meeting" you.

The state of Pakistan , Pakistan army and the so called Establishment, is getting what they deserved, I have no symphythy for army and its boses, Who have created this monster in the first place..
Problem is, they are not teaching as much a lesson to Pakistan Army, but to the innocent Pakistani civilians. Very easy fro you talk talk like this while sitting abroad. Come back to us when a close relative of yours gets hurt in an attack by TPP (alias JI/JUI).

My friend, you don't see any difference between a banned rebel armed militia and a political party (however inclined it is towards militancy)? Only MQM has gangs? ANP or PPP don't have them? Other Pakistani cities have no gangs?
An act of murder isn't considered legitimate because others are also doing so.
And if they have (and of-course they have), do you also suggest to subject them to aerial bombardment? Come on man, I also dislike MQM, and totally against their way of politics, but this dis-likeness of mine should not make me blind and equate TTP (aliad JI/JUI) with MQM.
Both have, in their own ways, contributed to ruining the peace in Pakistan be it by running it based on beliefs or based on thurst of political power.

@Topic
TTP is running out of options and there are severe rifts emerging within them. The purpose of negotiations is to separate those who want a dialogue from those who want to continue with militancy. If we all had noted something, it that military has pounded only those groups (Foreign elements,commanders and facilities) who were essential for continuity of militancy. By this way the government could not only weed out the pro-militancy elements but also indirectly weakening the TTP position of negotiations by wiping out their fallback strength (in case the dialogue fails). Had we gone for ab initio operation, all of the TTP fractions would have united, but by dialogue on offer, some want to accept it and some not. So government by announcing that the operation would continue against those who continue with militancy, is actually planning to finish those groups off. This would also make TTP more committed to negotiations as they see their fighting comrades getting obliterated.

An act of murder isn't considered legitimate because others are also doing so.
Did I say that? or defended them?

Both have, in their own ways, contributed to ruining the peace in Pakistan be it by running it based on beliefs or based on thurst of political power.
Every political party is ruining the peace in Pakistan in their own way and capacity. By not taking actions against extremist elements in Punjab, what kind of service PML(N) is doing for this country?

At any rate, political parties (however corrupt or inclined towards militancy) and banned rebel armed militia cant be equated, not even by a long shot.

----

I am glad that the operation continues against the terrorists albeit of their tactical one-month ceasefire offer.

خیبر ایجنسی: گن شپ ہیلی کاپٹروں کی شیلنگ، پانچ شدت پسند ہلاک

خیبر ایجنسی میں گن شپ ہیلی کاپٹروں نے شدت پسندوں کے ٹھکانوں پر شیلنگ کی اور اسلحہ مراکز کو نشانہ بنایا۔ کار روائی میں پانچ شدت پسند ہلاک ہو گئے۔

اکاخیل- (دنیا نیوز) خیبر ایجنسی کے علاقے جمرود میں پولیو ٹیم کی حفاظت پر مامور خاصہ دار فورس کی گاڑی پر حملے کے بعد پاک آرمی کے گن شپ ہیلی کاپٹرز نے آج صبح شدت پسندوں کے ٹھکانوں پر شیلنگ کی۔ شلوبر اور اکاخیل کے علاقوں میں کار روائی کے دوران شدت پسندوں کے اسلحہ کے مراکز اور ٹھکانوں کو نشانہ بنایا گیا۔ کار روائی کے دوران پانچ شدت پسند مارے گئے۔ اس دوران دہشتگردوں کے کئی ٹھکانے بھی تباہ ہو گئے۔ عسکریت پسندوں کی جانب سے ہیلی کاپٹروں پر
فائرنگ بھی کی گئی۔
دوسری جانب سرکاری ذرائع کے مطابق شمالی وزیر ستان سے کرفیو ہٹا لیا گیا ہے۔

Last edited:

Oh and are they are teaching a lesson in a vaccum?? Probably on mars maybe?? The last time I checked it was on our soil and the blood being spilled on the streets was of our people. And secondly, if our Army wasn't fighting for our survival we wouldn't have been sitting safe in our homes slinging mud at them but would have been in our graves by now only if there was anything left of us that is. You want to ciriticise them then do so but do remember to give credit where its due.

Back
Top Bottom