What's new

PAKISTANI STARTUP ON COW MONITORING COLLAR WINS BIG

@django

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I AM NOT RIDICULING ANYONE.

BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS GETTING SUSPICIOUS!!!!

EVERYDAY I HEAR NEWS OF SOME PAKISTANI PRODIGY OR SOME PAKISTANI STARTUP OR SOME PAKISTANI ACHIEVING BREAKTHROUGH IN SCIENCE OR TECHNOLOGY. SURELY THIS IS SOME SINISTER FLATTERY WITH ULTERIOR MOTIVE. BECAUSE SUCH NEWS IS COMING TOO THICK AND FAST.
Stop shouting.
Umer Adnan here. I'm the CEO of Cowlar. I thought it was important to address a few important things and clear up a few misconceptions.

1. We are NOT the inventors of this technology. Not the first company to make a product like this. We're slightly different in that we're priced at $69 per unit currently and address all four major pain points for farmers 1. Heat detection 2. Early disease detection 3. Improved herd health / milk yield and 4. geo location service. Our tech is simple, easy to use and affordable. it's rugged, water proof and comes with approx six months of battery life per charge. We do have some solid competition. But WE ARE the first company to provide best value for money, ROI and user experience. Please feel free to show me other products that are better for the same price?

2. Each cowlar base station has a certain range. All the cowlars in the area talk to that base station. The base station has GSM network (Sim card) and telenor / Mobilink data connection. If the farms are far apart, multiple base stations can be used. The cost of one base station is $99 and multiple people can share the same station.

3. I'm currently on a business trip the the US and in the process of setting up more field trials with Dairy associations, USDA and other dairy science programs to further validate our work and improve cowlar.

4. Also we were not first to market. Not even close. We are going to be the first to disruptively make tech available for majority of dairy farms around the globe. We are still early stage, but I am confident that my team is solid and we can make a name for ourselves in the global dairy market. Might have to wait few years.

5. My team and I are dedicated to bringing a "Made in Pakistan" product to the global dairy industry and show the world that Pakistani designers, engineering and dairy experts are capable of creating disruptive technology.

6. For more information, please feel free to contact me at umer.adnan at cowlar dt com or visit our website cowlar dt com
Congratz and wish you all the best for the future.

PDF should make it mandatory for indian members to wear this thang -- they need it the most.

solar cells have advanced over the years i wonder if the collar has space for solar charge, pak is hot country.

@django

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I AM NOT RIDICULING ANYONE.

BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS GETTING SUSPICIOUS!!!!

EVERYDAY I HEAR NEWS OF SOME PAKISTANI PRODIGY OR SOME PAKISTANI STARTUP OR SOME PAKISTANI ACHIEVING BREAKTHROUGH IN SCIENCE OR TECHNOLOGY. SURELY THIS IS SOME SINISTER FLATTERY WITH ULTERIOR MOTIVE. BECAUSE SUCH NEWS IS COMING TOO THICK AND FAST.

Simple, replace word 'Pakistani' with 'Indian' and you will believe and promote every bit of it ... however thanks for you fruitful participation.

Back
Top Bottom