What's new

Pakistani Scientists developing Nano-Transistors

If it is not, then why have not been able to do it till now? For us, it IS a monumental task.

And besides, building a skyscraper starting at the 31 st floor on upwards without building the first 30 is not going to be very successful.

If it is not, then why have not been able to do it till now? For us, it IS a monumental task.

Because nobody has funded for such a project, neither government nor private sector it's always been cheaper to simply purchase the old silicon based transistors, but what they are developing now are germanium-based transistors which is new and with the right capital manufacturing them won't be difficult.

And besides, building a skyscraper starting at the 31 st floor on upwards without building the first 30 is not going to be very successful.

It's just a matter of capital, there are engineers and researchers in Engineering departments of Pakistani Universities that can make transistors and have the technical know-how; it's just a matter of capital allowing for factories that will manufacture them at large scale.

Because nobody has funded for such a project, neither government nor private sector it's always been cheaper to simply purchase the old silicon based transistors, but what they are developing now are germanium-based transistors which is new and with the right capital manufacturing them won't be difficult.

It's just a matter of capital, there are engineers and researchers in Engineering departments of Pakistani Universities that can make transistors and have the technical know-how; it's just a matter of capital allowing for factories that will manufacture them at large scale.

Ah yes, the old capital thing. Money. We did not have it then. We do not have it now either. Silicon or Germanium. Makes no difference.

The Electrical faculty is on top in all unis, followed by mech. While Software is bottom, when a guy with a merit of 110 gets Computer Software, the folks around him curse him...but in reality he is the most beneficial...while out of a class of 100, only around 20 get jobs in elec.

Despite the name and the hype, the IT field has precious little of science or engineering in it. 99% of IT work is 'code monkey' junk work that anyone with half a brain and a year of training can do.

That's why a couple of teenagers with a phone and a laptop can start a 'software engineering' business.

Real engineering, on the other hand, requires proper training, certification, and very specialized (and expensive) equipment to start a competitive venture.

Any halfway decent electrical engineer can learn to program, but the reverse is not true.

Despite the name and the hype, the IT field has precious little of science or engineering in it. 99% of IT work is 'code monkey' junk work that anyone with half a brain and a year of training can do.

That's why a couple of teenagers with a phone and a laptop can start a 'software engineering' business.

Real engineering, on the other hand, requires proper training, certification, and very specialized (and expensive) equipment to start a competitive venture.

Any halfway decent electrical engineer can learn to program, but the reverse is not true.

But it is very profitable, and that is what matters to most in the end.

Ah yes, the old capital thing. Money. We did not have it then. We do not have it now either. Silicon or Germanium. Makes no difference.

Private or government subsidies can be sought, money just needs to be designated. People like you would also argue we have no money for research and yet this research is going on.

IISC Bangalore make thousands of these kind of research every year.....any way good work

Private or government subsidies can be sought, money just needs to be designated. People like you would also argue we have no money for research and yet this research is going on.

The research is being funded from outside the country, and that is where all the benefits will go too. A few names in publications, perhaps, will come our way, that is all. I have some idea of how these things work. I apologize if you do not like my views.

Really so what are the courses please give us a Link of it and also who can do that??? I mean qualification???

Material Engineering , they offer . I am currently studying there , in that department .

What is it , that you want to know ?

The research is being funded from outside the country, and that is where all the benefits will go too. A few names in publications, perhaps, will come our way, that is all. I have some idea of how these things work. I apologize if you do not like my views.

Wrong, it is a co-op between multiple Universities including Quaid e Azam University, NIST, NSLS, and Pakistani scientist involved in the research will gain the technical know how. You should stop making assumptions and bold claims you know nothing about, like where the funding is coming from, if a University offers no funding at all towards a project it usually will not be allowed to join the research; the fact Quaid e Azam University is involved shows they have some contribution towards the research; they didn't get in for free.

Unfortunately people like you will always complain on the internet but never do anything to help and are incapable of doing so.

Wrong, it is a co-op between multiple Universities including Quaid e Azam University, NIST, NSLS, and Pakistani scientist involved in the research will gain the technical know how. You should stop making assumptions and bold claims you know nothing about, like where the funding is coming from, if a University offers no funding at all towards a project it usually will not be allowed to join the research; the fact Quaid e Azam University is involved shows they have some contribution towards the research; they didn't get in for free.

Unfortunately people like you will always complain on the internet but never do anything to help and are incapable of doing so.

Okay. Please tell me who was right when the research leads to anything more than a few papers for Pakistanis, perhaps even a nanotechnology plant. I am quite sure I will be proven correct. No rush.

Back
Top Bottom