What's new

Pakistani players not being charged by Scotland Yard

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Breaking News: Mohammad Amir will be cleared of all charges soon - wait for some time and i transate this news in English

11_07.gif

Source: Jang

http://ejang.jang.com.pk/9-9-2010/images/11_07.gif

Match Fixing Scandal: Scotland Yard to drop all charges against Mohammad Amir​
The alledged no-ball did not have betting anywhere in the UK

London (online): The investigation team of the Scotland yard engaged in inquiring the National team has decided to drop all charges against Mohammad Amir and has disclosed that the alleged No-ball did not have a betting anywhere in the UK. Scotland Yard sources has revealed that the information gathered by the British Police from captain Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir and Kamran Akmal, They had also dropped all charges against Mohammad Asif after Kamran Akmal meanwhile the investigating team on tuesday decided to drop all charges on Mohammad Amir as well. The investigating team also disclosed that the investigation has reached in its final stages and there is a high probability that all players will be cleared-off from the alleged charges.

PS: Translated by me so the mistakes are expected, i apologize in advance

I sure hope that this is true because Amir is a great find for Pakistan, his career is young and he has shown much promise.

A player like him can be an invaluable asset for Pakistan, many would state that he is one now.

As for Salman Butt, even if he is found not guilty, ban him.

I just feel so sorry that such a bright kid , was scarred for life due to allegations

First it was Imran khan under controversy
Then it was Javed under controversy with some incidents
Then it was Wasim and Waqar due to yorkers
Then it was Shoaib Akhtar , naturally twisted elbow
Then it was More Shoaib Akthar
Then it was anyone who made a 100 or 50 for Pakistan
Then it was Inzimam Ul Haq
Then it was Shoaib Malik can't bowl doosra ball
Then Asif was caught in scandle in UAE
Then Asif was banned for nandroline scandle while all british/Australian players drink
the same sports drink to bulk up
Then it was Amir/Butt/Asif ...

A charge was laid , while no bet were even placed? and charge was for betting ?

I tell you where the bets were MADE ?

The bet was Pakistan will NOT win 20/20 and Amir/Asif/Butt will not play if Scot land yard will check that up I am sure someone form the news paper will show up

Its extremely disapointing that our best player Amir super bowler
our best batsmen Butt, and Asif best strike partner was targetted like this .... :disagree:

The bottom line is , when Pakistani bowlers were doing well they were sent in Australia and they scanned their motions , and found and discovered all their secrets , which were closely held secrets and now you see ppl bowling well in Australia or England

Since when did England started to produce spinnners ?

Scotland Yard have agreed that the players can return to Pakistan, however it does not mean they are cleared from the ongoing criminal investigation. GoP provided a written assurance that the players be made available if needed for further investigations.

Suspended Pakistan trio to return home

Osman Samiuddin
September 9, 2010

The three Pakistani players at the centre of the spot-fixing scandal will return home within the next 48 hours Pakistan's interior minister Rehman Malik has said. The imminent return of Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir does not, however, mean they are cleared from the ongoing criminal investigation: the government of Pakistan, Malik said, will provide a written assurance that the players be made available if needed for further investigations.

"We have spoken to Scotland Yard, and the [Pakistan] high commissioner to the UK, Wajid Shamsul Hasan, has also been in talks with them and they have agreed that the players can return to Pakistan," Malik told ESPNcricinfo.

A source close to the negotiations said the Pakistan team was waiting for a final green signal from Scotland Yard. "There are 30 per cent chances of them going on Friday and 70 per cent on Saturday," the source said. All three, the source added, would travel back together.

The trio were provisionally suspended by the ICC last Thursday and were quizzed by police the next day for their alleged role in bowling deliberate no-balls during the fourth Test at Lord's between England and Pakistan; an undercover sting operation by the tabloid News of the World apparently revealed that they had done so at the behest of Mazhar Majeed, an agent to the players. Majeed was arrested but released on bail while the players had their mobile phones confiscated. No charges have been pressed against them yet.

The development comes on the same day the PCB chief revealed that Wahab Riaz, the left-arm fast bowler, will be the fourth player to be interviewed by the police in relation to the scandal. Ijaz Butt sounded confident in his press conference at Gaddafi Stadium earlier that the three players would return to Pakistan soon and though he indicated that the criminal case against them might not be as strong, he did not say they would be cleared. The PCB's legal advisor Taffazul Rizvi confirmed to ESPNcricinfo that investigations will continue.

The players also have to respond to the suspension notices served to them by the ICC for which they have one more week left. That investigation and process is separate to whatever conclusion police officials reach.

Muhammad Aamer is Great Bowler...........i see Futur's Wasim Akram.....
Even Wasim Akram said that i was not as good in this age as Muhammad Aamir is............He is still too young and if will be given chance can make many records for Pakistan.

you know the day i saw that "Chamar" ( guy with the money on the table in the video) i knew something was not upto the mark for a convincing evidence or fishy i mean if everything proof,conclusion,confessions & guilty would be all that easy nice,cool & dandy then the lawyers would have a field day in side the court and just a 3 year course with a "handycam corder" remember O.j simpson case how long it draged the fact of the matter is that the whole episode was done in a very short period it self is a point to think i am glad that they are cleared but can we ignore the damage done & that is what this whole thing was all about if i want to ruin someone's reputation all i got to do is shout chor..chor..chor ! with good publicity in a short span of time even he/she will doubt him/herself this is what the allegations,publicity & the tabloids have done they did the damage

but none the less the episode is over & i am glad the yung players are out of this nonsense that took place good :tup: :pakistan:

Last edited:
I will reserve my comments till the official report comes out, but I hope this is true. But then, shouldn't all three be absolved of this 'crime'? How can the others still be accused?

I will reserve my comments till the official report comes out, but I hope this is true. But then, shouldn't all three be absolved of this 'crime'? How can the others still be accused?

Good question! Next question! :coffee:

Great news On a Great Day of EID Dil khush kara dita Oye ...:victory:

I hope it is true. It will be a great slap for those who judged the accused as criminal.

seems like there is pain in indian community they dearly want to see that they will be life baned but im sure indian will get only karar jawab this time too as always

ok than why you all wanted them to be guilty and whole of your media when the case is still in investigation phase

God... you people are naive. The fact that no-one better over Amir's no-ball does not mean that Amir wasn't involved in spot fixing. Need to quote myself here.

1) Realm of Court is Different from real of the Governing Body.

If I pay you $10 to drop a catch or throw away your wicket, it's not a crime as per the court of law. However, if I BET based on even smaller things like bowling a no-ball - THAT IS A CRIME. For the court, it's betting after "fixing" that's illegal.

In the realm of ICC, it's different. It's fixing that's the crime, not betting. Even in the eyes of the public. Throwing away your wicket for money is a greater crime than bowling a noball.

2) Why was the no-ball bowled? Understand that first. Say you claim to me that you can fix a match, how can I trust you? Therefore I make you "control" a small aspect of the match by "spot-fixing". Once I am convinced that you DO HAVE CONTROL - I will pay you larger amounts and fix BIGGER aspects of the match. Now that I trust you, I can BET based on those things. Let me repeat it, since you [and all the stupid people that have thanked your post] don't appear to be very bright.

a) I approach a bookie with a proposal
b) The bookie takes a security deposit [in this case 150k Pounds]and fixes a small aspect of the match, to prove to me that he can control the result.
c) I don't do ANY betting at this stage - because I don't know if the bookie has control
d) Once the fixing incident takes place, I trust the bookie!

e) I approach the bookie with a 500k deal, but pay him only 350k - since I've paid him 150k pounds already.
f) I bet a million dollars on the result of the game.
g) Profit.

In this case, everything semmed favorable to Butt and Co. Spot fixing in the test match and throw away the ODIs under Afridi. Serves two purposes - a) Win some $$$ and b) Oust Afridi in ODI as well.

3) Sports are played for entertainment of people. Governing Bodies are there to ensure to preserve the game. Whether or not betting was carried out, why should I and millions of others watch rogues like Butt and co play? As long as they are guilty of spot-fixing that's good enough for me. Whether or not any betting was carried out is immaterial.

No actual betting was carried against any of those no-balls. NOTW reporter allegedly paid cash to Majeed in return for those no-balls. Since actual betting wasn't carried on, this isn't a crime as per the British law. Does that make Butt, Asif, Amir innocent? No! It does not. Naive peeps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom