What's new

Pakistani Offensive into North Waziristan to begin after EID

Better to wait 2 months before launching operation because of the announcement to the world. False sense of security for the Taliban who thinks the Pakistani govt. may not launch the operation.

but they are more safer in afghanistan rahther than pakistan :rofl:

Since there are still drone attacks in Pakistan, they must still feel safe there.

Not at all, there is enough space in Pakistan as well; are you forgetting those thousands of madrasas all over Pakistan?
Of course , non of that exists on the other side of the Durand Line :azn:

Lets wait till Imran Khan is in the power. Then I will question you if you still back your reasoning on aid :)

What will IK do differently to the present and previous governments? Surely, when you are in opposition you say alot of things that pleases some people who want to hear those words, but who knows the reality might be different when in office.

Factually speaking , the track record in Swat ... If the goal wasn't to win , how come the militancy was wiped from those areas ?
Was it? And if it was, has it been replaced by something worse? How would you know?

Security forces routinely violate basic rights in the course of counterterrorism operations. Suspects are frequently detained without charge or are convicted without a fair trial. Thousands of suspected members of al Qaeda, the Taliban, and other armed groups—who were rounded up in a country-wide crackdown that began in 2009 in Swat and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas—remain in illegal military detention; few have been prosecuted or produced before the courts. The army continues to deny lawyers, relatives, independent monitors, and humanitarian agency staff access to persons detained in the course of military operations. link

Was it? And if it was, has it been replaced by something worse? How would you know?

Yes it was , there's a link on Wiki , read the " War in North West Pakistan " to activate grey matter ...

Not interested in your lame excuses , sorry ... There's nothing worse militancy can be replaced with ... :azn: ... I know , because the success of that very operation and normality of situation in areas i mentioned is a fact ...

Solomon, when the people you arrest and present in courts are given bail and released, and a few months later they confront you again in a battle in Orakzai, then you don't want to hand them over to the same shambolic lower courts, who have to make do with stupid laws, or lack of.

And fact is that people in Swat are living off much better now than under Talib rule. There are schools, bridges, hospitals etc etc.

You call deaths of soldiers a sham battle??? You should be ashamed of yourself.

His country's human rights record can put even hitler to shame ... Now these people will enlighten us about HR :azn: ... What has the world come to ?

Yeah , a conspiracy theory to continue to remain in the state of denial about PA's achievements , let them be ...

Solomon, when the people you arrest and present in courts are given bail and released, and a few months later they confront you again in a battle in Orakzai, then you don't want to hand them over to the same shambolic lower courts, who have to make do with stupid laws, or lack of.
These are very good points - but fail to explain why reporters are kept out and the military controls the flow of information. Essentially Swat is now "occupied territory".

You call deaths of soldiers a sham battle??? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Not my shame, but that of your generals who so cavalierly waste their jawans' lives to no effect.

These are very good points - but fail to explain why reporters are kept out and the military controls the flow of information. Essentially Swat is now "occupied territory".

Not my shame, but that of your generals who so cavalierly waste their jawans' lives to no effect.

We were more effective in wiping out militancy than you with our boots on the ground. On the other hand your boys sit in their bases afraid to venture out, and when they get ambushed, call in helicopter gunships that may kill a few men.

There's really no comparison of the effectiveness of the PA and NATO.

The PA knows the neighborhood and what needs to be done. :coffee:

Really ? Are you aware how exactly was the last president forced to leave his office ? By the same Pakistani media - they are free to criticize army and politicians - which they continue to do so :azn: ... Where's the military controlling the flow of information and censorship ? :cheesy: Yeah , a state occupying its own territory which was under its control before :rofl: Are you smoking Afghan's finest ? :lol:

Fair Dinkum ? :lol: Are the soldiers being asked to fight a fake battle and get killed in the same process and even they agree ? :rofl: About time , you get help ...

Given the Pakistani Army's track record in these matters I strongly suspect that its goal is not to win but to lose: a sham battle or two followed by another "truce" that gives militancy more leeway than ever - but allows Western aid to keep flowing to Pakistan.

The P.A. is going to have to work hard to convince skeptics like myself.

Because our Army in fighting against militants in the Field,unlike urs army sitting in fortified barracks and getting beaten by Taliban...

Talking about track records,we have nearly cleared militancy from our country and the remaining militants are hiding in Afghanistan,you better should look at your track record in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Because our Army in fighting against militants in the Field,unlike urs army sitting in fortified barracks -
What has the P.A. been doing in NWaz other than sitting tight in its fortified barracks?

Really ? Are you aware how exactly was the last president forced to leave his office ? By the same Pakistani media - they are free to criticize army and politicians - which they continue to do so :azn: ..

Something unthinkable in USA lol

. Where's the military controlling the flow of information and censorship ? :cheesy: Yeah , a state occupying its own territory which was under its control before :rofl: Are you smoking Afghan's finest ? :lol:

Fair Dinkum ? :lol: Are the soldiers asked to fight a sham battle then and to get killed in the same process - you need help ?

I- Raqi WMD's anyone?

I wonder at Solomon's thought process sometimes, specially where he was blaming Pakistan for Iraqi issue. he chose to ignore my request to explain.

lol

What has the P.A. been doing in NWaz other than sitting tight in its fortified barracks?

Where's your finest army with all the air cover and advanced equipment controlling nothing but Kabul ? :azn: ... PA asking the NATO to seal the borders , why the reluctancy ?

I wonder at Solomon's thought process sometimes, specially where he was blaming Pakistan for Iraqi issue. he chose to ignore my request to explain.
If I missed something important to you point it out and I'll try to return to the issue.

Their lack of engagement has more to do with logistics and economical reasons then anything else. Pakistan's economy is already teetering on the cliff should they be hit with more retaliation bomb attacks it could flop over. The US military however has no excuse they have pretty much ceded much of Southern Afghanistan to the Quetta Shura while the North is in the hands of Hekmatyar.

My cousins have fought in Afghanistan so they pretty much attest that their are no go zones in Afghanistan.
Also there have been links to this online as well.

Back
Top Bottom