What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

Without a credible Naval Fighter jets arm, the PN is still a joke. And there is no other way to describe it. It is a strategic blunder which to this day still exists.
Pakistan do have naval fighter jets (two Sqdn) and it is in operational since ages. We don't have Aircraft carrier and currently we don't need it as well. Our coastal area is not much that we required one and our missiles range can easily defended our sea very well. We may required AC after 20 years based on assessment after 10 years from now on.

Pakistan do have naval fighter jets (two Sqdn) and it is in operational since ages. We don't have Aircraft carrier and currently we don't need it as well. Our coastal area is not much that we required one and our missiles range can easily defended our sea very well. We may required AC after 20 years based on assessment after 10 years from now on.

I am not talking about some shit.ty 70 year old mirages or light fighter such as JF-17. I am talking about fighters on the class of J-16/J-15, JH-7 which due to longer strike range and weapons can decimate Indian Aircraft carrier group, can attack deep inside areas of India such as Mumbai, and defeat most of Indian Navy.

But it is just pathetic that Pakistan Military deliberately gives Indian Navy advantage.

Without a credible Naval Fighter jets arm, the PN is still a joke. And there is no other way to describe it. It is a strategic blunder which to this day still exists.

PN has 2 Mirage 5 squadrons IIRC. Though IMO they should also get JF-17s as their CM-400/CM-802 missiles are deadly.

PN has 2 Mirage 5 squadrons IIRC. Though IMO they should also get JF-17s as their CM-400/CM-802 missiles are deadly.
PN relies on PAF for cover

Although an independent Air arm would take the stress off of the air force.

I would like to see the Jh7 is PN colours

I am not talking about some shit.ty 70 year old mirages or light fighter such as JF-17. I am talking about fighters on the class of J-16/J-15, JH-7 which due to longer strike range and weapons can decimate Indian Aircraft carrier group, can attack deep inside areas of India such as Mumbai, and defeat most of Indian Navy.

But it is just pathetic that Pakistan Military deliberately gives Indian Navy advantage.

As PN isn't operating any Aircraft Carriers so what difference does it make if the Jets were flown by PAF or PN from Karachi or other areas.

The real question should be, does PAF need to acquire jets in the category of J-16/J-15, JH-7.

And the mirages, you are calling Shitty, gave the bloody nose to the enemy when the time came and will continue to stay the mainstay of our attack for the next few years. Let's be realistic.

I think the air arm is connected to the Air Force in a way, the navy defo Needs to buy/increase the amount of jets in the air arm, too little for a navy like Pakistan’s.
As far as I know the air arm is independent from Air force it initially was connected but now it isn't but people who have knowledge of Naval Air Arm will know more

Pakistan Navy is going through a serious upgrade and buildup in the 7-8 years. I am happy that the Pakistani Navy is finally getting some attention. I always felt that the Pakistani Navy gets "overlooked" when compared to PAF and PA. Very formidable fleet for 1000 km coastline.

> 4 x Type-054AP frigates under construction (delivery 2021-23)

> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)

> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)

> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.

> Deal for 6 heavier tonnage corvettes to be concluded soon

> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)

> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes

> 1 more Modernised ATR-72 ASW aircraft to join soon (total 3 such planes)

> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded

> Hypersonic P282 ship-launched anti-ship/land-attack ballistic missile

> MALE UAV contract concluded

New platforms being acquired is only part of the story.

PN have added new bases, shore based missile batteries, air defence, new marines battalions, information centre, nuclear command etc.

The PMSA has also grown in size.

The old PN was truly a joke in comparison.
We need Type052Ds too

don't we need a dual engine plane for naval role? mirages are there but we need long leg with reliability which is lacking in mirages due to not only single engine but also of their age.

Back
Top Bottom