What's new

Pakistani MRE and other Field Rations.

SO
RajputRana
Wolfhound
what do you guys think not bad for army of 7 billion budget
Thanks sir this was very a informatively of posts. The only questions I have left are, are the entrees good enough, langar quality or better? And how is MRE heated?

@kaonalpha

Judging by your in depth knowledge of this pictorial illustration I would guess the guy in mask in all these pics? Or the General Saaaab is Kaonalpha :azn:
I guess he was an ADC to the general or maybe part of the unit in charge of production?

Thanks sir this was very a informatively of posts. The only questions I have left are, are the entrees good enough, quality or better? And how is MRE heated?

I guess he was an ADC to the general or maybe part of the unit in charge of production?
The entree were served to nepalise they asked for more. They're are good enough to make a starving begger thank Allah a 100 times and more. I've had them during my time In forward areas it is a luxury especially for those sitting in siachen

Thanks sir this was very a informatively of posts. The only questions I have left are, are the entrees good enough, langar quality or better? And how is MRE heated?

Look closely at the tin boxes they are used along special on order tablets which when lit ones heats the pan for 20 minutes the pan is filled with water puches left in it for 10 min and open the seal and haveit in the other pan

Traditionally, fighting branches get all the glory and support branches of the armed forces get ignored.

Age old saying that army marches on its stomach is based on thousand years of experience. Quartermaster & the Catering Corp therefore play no less important a role in victory or defeat. PAK Army has more than half a million men, supply of potable water & food rations for these men is not a joke.

It is good to know that Pak Army High Command is aware of the need of tasty & wholesome rations for the men on the front. Hope there is a research cell in the Service Corps dedicated to quality control and improvement of field rations.

Last edited:
[QUOTE"niaz, post: 7195037, member: 1136"]Traditionally, fighting branches get all the glory and support branches of the armed forces get ignored.

Age old saying that army marches on its stomach is based on thousand years of experience. Quartermaster & the Catering Corp therefore play no less important a role in victory or defeat. PAK Army has more than half a million men, supply of potable water & food rations for these men is not a joke.

It is good to know that Pak Army High Command is aware of the need of tasty & wholesome rations for the men on the front. Hope there is a research cell in the Service Corps dedicated to quality control and improvement of field rations.[/QUOTE]

There Is a research cell and don't ever use the term catering corps. Use Army Service Corps and when it comes to combat ASC troops are no less and can bitch slap any one when told to.

@Rafi How good is it compared to the U.S's MRE and FSR packs? Does our feature burner tablets or the new method(also used by the PLA) in which we just have to add water to it?

Very similar to US/NATO MRE's using the same method to warm up, but ours are much tastier in my opinion, the food is suited to our soldiers tastes, I have actually eaten alot, and they are excellent for our front line soldiers when in OPo when you have no access to Langar.

Troops can have access to high quality, nourishing food, with a minimum amount of fuss, which can be kept in a soldiers bergen.

@Icarus - Sethi Sahib zaraa hatth holaa rakhooo....sariii unit key MRE aur Field Rations saaaf kar deay aaap neiii ? :o:

Bandaa koi 2-4 carton bhai ko bhi daiii detaa haiii ! :ashamed:

Waisee on a serious note - Do soldiers really get these on a regular basis i.e when they're in their units ? Because I remember watching on Alpha Bravo Charlie (the drama :D ) that soldiers were lunching and dinning in their mess and eating regular tandooriii rootiii with daaal and not the ready to eat meals ? :undecided:

Kaaash aaap ko bhiii Alpha Bravo Charlie drama key tarhaaan Bosnia bhejaa hotaa tou aaaj mereiii bhiii 2-4 Bosnian-Pakistani nieces and nephews hotaiii who'd be calling me Uncle Armstrong ! :kiss3:

@Icarus - Sethi Sahib zaraa hatth holaa rakhooo....sariii unit key MRE aur Field Rations saaaf kar deay aaap neiii ? :o:

Bandaa koi 2-4 carton bhai ko bhi daiii detaa haiii ! :ashamed:

Hey bro, the MRE's are designed to sustain a soldier in the field or in theater - they take into account the calory draining.

Hey bro, the MRE's are designed to sustain a soldier in the field or in theater - they take into account the calory draining.

Rafi Bhai I wonder if they could be used for disaster relief purposes as well ?

Waisee on a serious note - Do soldiers really get these on a regular basis i.e when they're in their units ? Because I remember watching on Alpha Bravo Charlie (the drama :D ) that soldiers were lunching and dinning in their mess and eating regular tandooriii rootiii with daaal and not the ready to eat meals ? :undecided:

Kaaash aaap ko bhiii Alpha Bravo Charlie drama key tarhaaan Bosnia bhejaa hotaa tou aaaj mereiii bhiii 2-4 Bosnian-Pakistani nieces and nephews hotaiii who'd be calling me Uncle Armstrong ! :kiss3:

MRE aren't a regular thing as yet because wherever possible, the Army tries to supply fresh rations to the troops however in isolated positions where such a possibility does not exist, the MREs are supplied. Aur Butt Sahab, jab ABC aaya tha toh main bacha hua karta tha, iss say thora ziyada purana reference lay aatay toh mujhe chilla kaatna parta apnay marhoom dada say sawal karnay kayliye.....koi haal nahi aap ka bhi!

Oye yaar chor, meray say idher kaam pura nahi hota, Bosnia ja kay bhi maine saara din apnay desk ki hi shakal dekhni thi :p:

Very similar to US/NATO MRE's using the same method to warm up, but ours are much tastier in my opinion, the food is suited to our soldiers tastes, I have actually eaten alot, and they are excellent for our front line soldiers when in OPo when you have no access to Langar.

Troops can have access to high quality, nourishing food, with a minimum amount of fuss, which can be kept in a soldiers bergen.
Hi, Have you tasted both?
What is the general consumable period for our MREs?

Hi, Have you tasted both?
What is the general consumable period for our MREs?

Ours are better more for a desi palate, they usually have a years date of consuming from manufacture.

Back
Top Bottom