What's new

Pakistani Members from Europe

Ace of Spades

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani members from europe, please leave a message under this thread; this is to index you guys. Please don't spam this thread with messages or irrelevant discussion.

Dear all, i was trying to get you in the PM but i guess it doesn't really matter. With the current fiasco of article 370 i have seen a complete lack of mockery of Pakistani state and her citizens. We all live abroad, europe to be precise and we know that there is no love for India or Indians here (on ground), neither they do care about what goes in other part of the world. However, Indians have quite a lobbying power, they project themselves in whatever settings they are in and make use of it to influence. Unfortunately, so far in europe Pakistan's narrative is lacking since majority of Pakistanis who are settled here are uneducated small business owner with zero interaction with local community and politics (excluding UK). Hence, it is very important for educated, well settled Pakistanis to make a plight for Kashmir cause, for now what i was thinking is to write eu MEPs.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/home

https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/ (for UK)

you can search the eu MEPs representing your respective countries, best to write to the representatives of liberal parties.

For the content we have to work on a draft, backing with EU human right laws, linking it with proofs to Indian atrocities and human right abuses in Kashmir and recent incident and ask them to voice it in EU parliament. That's for one measure.

Also, if we end up having a good draft it's better to file petition in EU parliament.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-your-service/en/be-heard/petitions

to let it discussed and question weapon sales to India from certain EU countries.

For another, every major university have Pakistanis student associations, which are governed by university laws and can arrange for university wide campaigns. For Pakistanis here who are students, or are living in university cities shall contact the student associations and arrange the awareness campaigns among students. Contact the local embassy of Pakistan may be they can be of any help.

The more overseas Pakistanis voice this and will take up this matter to internationalize this issue, the less; majority (youth) here in europe don't go watch news daily or watch general assembly speeches by a random countries PM. Narratives have to be built by Pakistani origin diaspora. Because our foreign office, embassy staff every single one of them are incompetent and are on such positions because of nepotism.

I have written this specifically for EU based Pakistanis, however, other countries residents shall also voice their opinion in such manner and contact their local MEPs but before doing that we have to work on a draft. (other ideas are welcome however please don't dilute the topic and stick to the topic of discussion). @war&peace @PWFI @313ghazi @masterchief_mirza @Goenitz @waz @Umar27 @Chakar The Great

For the third and final measure, Pakistan needs an English media outlet, a opinion site where great ideas and narratives can be shared internationally; current Pakistani english media outlets are incompetent to say the least and work on an agenda driven reporting but for that i want to discuss separately in another thread.

@Dubious @Slav Defence can you please make it sticky thread. And paste the content of this post in my OP.

Last edited:
Was thinking of writing to 2 of my local MP's but one of them already bought up the subject, the other one did not (as far as I'm aware).

Though it would be helpful if you could provide some guidance e.g. what UN resolutions did India break etc. As I am not sure how to start it off, some useful factual information would be appreciated.

Was thinking of writing to 2 of my local MP's but one of them already bought up the subject, the other one did not (as far as I'm aware).

Though it would be helpful if you could provide some guidance e.g. what UN resolutions did India break etc. As I am not sure how to start it off, some useful factual information would be appreciated.

Yes, we have to work on a draft, properly writing it with all the things i have mentioned in the former post. For that i need help from you guys here, we need to draft it properly.

Dear all, i was trying to get you in the PM but i guess it doesn't really matter. With the current fiasco of article 370 i have seen a complete lack of mockery of Pakistani state and her citizens. We all live abroad, europe to be precise and we know that there is no love for India or Indians here (on ground), neither they do care about what goes in other part of the world. However, Indians have quite a lobbying power, they project themselves in whatever settings they are in and make use of it to influence. Unfortunately, so far in europe Pakistan's narrative is lacking since majority of Pakistanis who are settled here are uneducated small business owner with zero interaction with local community and politics (excluding UK). Hence, it is very important for educated, well settled Pakistanis to make a plight for Kashmir cause, for now what i was thinking is to write eu MEPs.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/home

https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/ (for UK)

you can search the eu MEPs representing your respective countries, best to write to the representatives of liberal parties.

For the content we have to work on a draft, backing with EU human right laws, linking it with proofs to Indian atrocities and human right abuses in Kashmir and recent incident and ask them to voice it in EU parliament. That's for one measure.

For another, every major university have Pakistanis student associations, which are governed by university laws and can arrange for university wide campaigns. For Pakistanis here who are students, or are living in university cities shall contact the student associations and arrange the awareness campaigns among students. Contact the local embassy of Pakistan may be they can be of any help.

The more overseas Pakistanis voice this and will take up this matter to internationalize this issue, the less; majority (youth) here in europe don't go watch news daily or watch general assembly speeches by a random countries PM. Narratives have to be built by Pakistani origin diaspora. Because our foreign office, embassy staff every single one of them are incompetent and are on such positions because of nepotism.

I have written this specifically for EU based Pakistanis, however, other countries residents shall also voice their opinion in such manner and contact their local MEPs but before doing that we have to work on a draft. (other ideas are welcome however please don't dilute the topic and stick to the topic of discussion). @war&peace @PWFI @313ghazi @masterchief_mirza @Goenitz @waz @Umar27 @Chakar The Great

For the third and final measure, Pakistan needs an English media outlet, a opinion site where great ideas and narratives can be shared internationally; current Pakistani english media outlets are incompetent to say the least and work on an agenda driven reporting but for that i want to discuss separately in another thread.

@Dubious can you please make it sticky thread.
Great idea...but still I wish you were given an PM but anyways...mods and there policies.. sirf batain karwalo innsee

Great idea...but still I wish you were given an PM but anyways...mods and there policies.. sirf batain karwalo innsee

They might've had forgotten, nonetheless, i haven't seen many overseas pakistanis chipping in and giving the helping hand. Anyone, who can help is welcome and people with drafting and law expertise can be of great help.

Where i live in London the areas are sister towns of Mirpur AJK under the Local Authorities here so work is always ongoing with local Pakistani Politicians and Ulama with the Local Council here.

Making paperwork reach the government mostly through the Labour Party and lib dems here but also many tories too. Im always trying to get info of whats going on but just receive questionable rumours.

As far as helping with your project i have zero experience in this legal stuff to be able to help. I pray for the best for your work.

Back
Top Bottom