What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

Urdu rock? thats new to me, interesting. :)
We have had rock bands since the 80s (banned by gen Zia ).. Even metal bands..

Whats the movie about? From what i understand its a action movie but whats the story and is it worth to search for hours for a german version in internet? :lol:

War on terror .. ATF commandos .. A retired military major from military intel out for vengeance ... Etc etx

Waar (2013) - IMDb

Last edited:
Movie is a cringe fest. Seriously, shooting stationary targets makes you good? Really? Pyaray Afzal dying in the movie again is another cringe worthy scene. Dude put a brick on the wheels and let it go off a cliff. Over acting. Ayesha aunty, she cool with me. Meesha baji bas rahn deyo.

All in all not a bad try to revive lulluwood.

6/10

Lollywood should focus on more and more gandasa movies, nothing can beat the class of your gandasa movies. :yes4::yes4:

Done! Will give 5/10.The movie felt like the top guys were American and they were fighting against Pakistanis.

Camera work was good.Story was good.
Was expecting a bit of physics involved as the Director is a young one.
The only thing irritating about English was that even the military guys on the same team spoke in different accents,so relating them as a was difficult.

Saw it online
Direction ... cool
Cinematography... you can rival Hollywood and Bollywood
Actors .... Cool
Story......Some parts ... WOOOOOW.. some parts ... Ok.. some parts..:o:(but cinematic liberty )
had mentioned RAW and its conspiracy ... but same happned in india with ISI so cant blame it
so strictly on Entertainment point
What could be good...
Ending... The guy who is super killer get hands down in climax....could be more updraded with full TEAM inveoleved which throat the attack ..

overall - good watch...you guys can only gets better ( bollywood please with MAD entarinemnt .. we need like this more )
--

Great movie! :yahoo:

8.5/10

pakistan+army+aviation+corps+ah-1f+s+cobra+gunship+attack+missiles+wot+war+terror+fata+Baktar-Shikan+ATGM+tow+anti+tank+missile++%25283%2529.jpg

Cobra on attack mode ! :woot:

Finally got to watch WAAR! Tell you guys the honest truth, it didn't really live up to my expectations..for a Pakistani movie it was GREAT and beat my expectations! I was expecting a bit more. In saying that, this is just the beginning of our revival of the movie industry, it can only get better from here.

-Need better computer animatronics, some parts just had way too cheesy graphics.
-Personally did not like the "American" accent that was used throughout the movie, its a Pakistani movie so we should expect the movie to be mostly in Urdu, also feel that way it is closer/clearer and dearer to audience as well (considering not everyone in Pakistan understands English).

From this, now really looking forward to Khuda e Zuljalal and Operation 021 (hoping both use Urdu).

Waar Rating in terms of movies overall (meaning Hollywood and Bollywood): 6.5/10
Waar Rating in terms of it being the revival of Pakistani cinema: 8.5/10

Movie is a cringe fest. Seriously, shooting stationary targets makes you good? Really? Pyaray Afzal dying in the movie again is another cringe worthy scene. Dude put a brick on the wheels and let it go off a cliff. Over acting. Ayesha aunty, she cool with me. Meesha baji bas rahn deyo.

All in all not a bad try to revive lulluwood.

6/10

lolz seriously movie mai boht wtf moments thay :P

It was a decent film. I'd give it a 6.5 on IMDB, not more but not less either. Acting was okay and some scenes were pretty well made, especially the battle ones. For me the worst part was the English accent, felt forced and out of place.

Aside from a few stupid things, like calling an MP5 an "assault rifle" and a sniper using an ACOG sight which was also a camera sight (In the beginning, when they rescue a hostage), the movie was realistic, as in no Salman Khan/Chuck Norris style "punch a guy and he flies to the moon" crap.

A few plot holes here and there, nothing too serious
-------------------------SPOILERS--------------------------------
How did Mujtaba find Meesha's character? How did he even find out she existed? Absolutely no explanation given.

Ejaz Khan has absolutely no back story. He just appears and starts trying to build dams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall was a decent and enjoyable movie, better than many Hollywood movies i've seen. Don't expect anything too great

Back
Top Bottom