What's new

Pakistani mango enters US

Why don't you guys fly to Canada from US and enjoy different varieties of Pakistani and Indian mangoes available here. They are air shipped several times a week and are delivered to Pakistani and Indian stores. I think all your enthusiasm will disappear as most of them are in bad condition since they have not been handled properly during shipment.

Last edited:
Why don't you guys fly to Canada and enjoy different varieties of Pakistani and Indian mangoes available here. They are air shipped several times a week and are delivered to Pakistani and Indian stores. I think all your enthusiasm will disappear as most of them are in bad condition since they have not been handled properly during shipment.
are you talking to me?

sorry i get fresh mangoes, in far better condition than the local farmer eat in Pakistan.
No need to fly to canada for this purpose

I have couple of questions FreekiN

1) Where do you live in USA?
2) Do you get indian mangoes in your state?
3) If yes, how much?

1) New Jersey, the shittiest state in the country.

2) I dont think they are indian becuase most are greenish. probably mexican

3) like 9$ per box

3) like 9$ per box

are you talking to me?

4140358065_3687ccdb2f.jpg

I was talking to American posters who would like to eat Pakistani and Indian mangoes in North America.

The king of mango is actually an indian variety from bombay...

Sindhri

As mango is named as "King of the Fruits" similarly, Sindhri is said to be "The King of Mango", because this variety is top in Pakistan. Sindhri is yellow in colour, and test is very sweet. Sindhri mangoes were first brought by father of late Prime Minister Muhammad Khan Junejo from Bombay and then cultivated at Sindhri and it was named by his father Din Muhammad Junejo as "Sindhri".

The king of mango is actually an indian variety from bombay...

Sindhri

As mango is named as "King of the Fruits" similarly, Sindhri is said to be "The King of Mango", because this variety is top in Pakistan. Sindhri is yellow in colour, and test is very sweet. Sindhri mangoes were first brought by father of late Prime Minister Muhammad Khan Junejo from Bombay and then cultivated at Sindhri and it was named by his father Din Muhammad Junejo as "Sindhri".

hehe no idea about the origin, all i can say is...... it tastes better than "Kesar" in my opinion and don't worry Langra, Chaunsa and Anwar rator are also very sweet :P

hehe no idea about the origin, all i can say is...... it tastes better than "Kesar" in my opinion and don't worry Langra, Chaunsa and Anwar rator are also very sweet :P

lol... its ok... no time to worry abt the "subjects of mango". We know where the king comes from...LOL

newaz, I come from the south of india and beganphalli and alphonso is the best i have tasted so far... it is also possible that other varieties are much more tastier...

:cheers:

Sindhri is said to be "The King of Mango", because this variety is top in Pakistan
Grrrr. Just try asking the employees in the supermarket, "What kind of mango is a Mexican/Indian/Florida mango?" and all you get are blank stares. What mango growers need is some sort of marketing board, like apple growers have, to increase consumer and retailer awareness, block out more supermarket shelf space, and thus increase product demand.

Grrrr. Just try asking the employees in the supermarket, "What kind of mango is a Mexican/Indian/Florida mango?" and all you get are blank stares.

Most Pakistanis can tell by looking at a Mango whether it's one of our own varieties or the small, tasteless and gooey Mexican ones.

A bit off topic but I'm going to maintain that other than apricots and sometimes apples, I've yet to come across any fruit that is even partially edible. I've bought everything from the most expensive ones to the organic ones to the Walmart lot and most fruits here are tasteless.

Grrrr. Just try asking the employees in the supermarket, "What kind of mango is a Mexican/Indian/Florida mango?" and all you get are blank stares. What mango growers need is some sort of marketing board, like apple growers have, to increase consumer and retailer awareness, block out more supermarket shelf space, and thus increase product demand.

but pakistani mango is indian mango??, is pakistan india??

3) like 9$ per box

huh shittiest new jersey, what compells you to say that, is it a fact or rather a sarcasm...

i am asking because my well to do family resides there, ill be cautious if i visit this place there :blink::blink::blink:

The problem with Pakistani mangoes is, they do not last for longer period. They cannot be shelved in the super market for more than couple of days. So they have to be sold before they get expired........ mexico mangoes should not even be called a mango. They have no taste and last for weeks or even months.

They should rename their mangoes to something else

sorry! i dont live in the US :P

thanks for the marketing lesson...ripped off from kotler...:hitwall:

the statement of king of mango is not given by me...it is from husain fruits website...posted by another member here...LOL

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom