What's new

Pakistani kingdoms in mythical Mahabharat epic

Pragjyotishpur: (Gowhati, Assam)
1983356595_e52300d582_z.jpg

The capital of ancient Assam state, Pragjyotishpur was located near present day Gowhati. During the Mahabharata times Narkasur was the King of this state. He had made sixteen thousand girls his captive. He fought a battle with Lord Krishna. Shri Krishna killed Narkasur and took all the sixteen thousand girls to Dwarka and married them. Later, Bhagdutt, the ruler of Pragjyotishpur fought the war of Mahabharata from the side of the Kauravas and was killed by Arjun. Here, near the Neelkanth Mountain is the famous temple of Kamakhya Devi built by Narkasur.
Kamakhya: (Assam)
4562261271_9455a24bc1_z.jpg

Kamakhya was a famous Shaktipeeth city, ten kilometers away from Gowhati in Assam. During the time of Mahabharata, Narkasur had built here a temple of Kamakhya Devi. According to Bhagwat Purana, when Lord Shiva was roaming around like a man in despair with the dead body of Sati, then Lord Vishnu with the help of his Sudarshan Chakra (a divine discus which swirls around his index finger), cut Sati’s dead body into pieces and dropped them one by one, so that Shiva gets released off this weight and returns to being normal. There were fifty one pieces of the dead body of Sati cut by Lord Vishnu and the places on the earth where they fell are known as Shaktipeeth. Each Shaktipeeth is connected with one of the body part of Sati. Kamakhya in Assam is where the Yoni (vagina) of Sati fell and is considered a very powerful centre of Shakti (female) worship. Kamakhya is worshipped by the Tantriks (spiritual person).
Manipur: (East India)
6272889962_2ace245b96_z.jpg

Surrounded by Nagaland, Assam, Mizoram and Burma, Manipur was the ancient city of Mahabharata times. Manipur’s King Chitravahan had a daughter named Chitraganda. She was married to Arjun and had a valorous son named Babhruvahan. After King Chitravahan died, Babhruvahan was crowned the King of Manipur as Chitravahan did not have any son. Babhruvahan had taken part in the Rajsurya Yagya performed by the Pandavas.
Sindhu Desh: (Sindh- Punjab, Mohan-jo-Daro)
6272428067_82fb6c9531_z.jpg

The ancient Sindhu Desh of Mahabharata time was famous for art-literature and commercebusiness. The King Jaydrath of Sindhu desh was married to Dushaala, daughter of Dhritrashtra. In the war of Mahabharata, Jaydrath supported the Kauravas. Jaydrath was the chief reason of the death of Arjun’s son Abhimanyu who was caught up in the Chakravyuh. To take revenge of Abhimanyu’s death, Arjun killed Jaydrath.
Matsya Desh: (North Rajasthan)
4308218227_7aed5cd195_z.jpg

Matsya Desh located in the North region of present day Rajasthan was one of the chief states of the Mahabharata times. Its capital was Viraatnagari. Pandavas had lived here at the King Viraat’s palace in the disguise for one year as they were to live incognito after the exile. During this time, King Viraat’s brother-in-law and commander Kichak set a bad eye on Draupadi and was killed by Bhima. Arjun’s son Abhimanyu was married to King Viraat’s daughter Uttara. There is a mention of Matsya Desh even in the Vedic times.
Muchhkand Tirth: (Dhoulpur, Rajasthan)
868007895_a8798d6ecc_z.jpg

In the times of Mahabharata, there was a dangerous mountain range in Dhoulpur, Rajasthan. After winning over Mathura, when Kaalyavan followed Krishna, Krishna hid himself in a cave in this mountain range and covered Muchhkand who was sleeping there with his Pitambar (yellow cloth). Kaalyavan woke up Muchhkand and moment Muchhkand set his eyes on Kaalyavan, he was reduced to ashes. After the war of Mahabharata when the Pandavas left for Himalayas and after Krishna’s departure to Golok, Kalyug first stepped here.
Patan: (Mehsana, Gujarat)
4122477432_7b72830c39_z.jpg

Patan, situated near Mehsana, Gujarat was a famous commercial city in the Mahabharata period. It is said that in the Dwapar Age there was Hidimbvan around this city. During the period of their exile, the Pandavas had come here and it was here only Bhima killed a demon named Hidimb and married his sister Hidimba.
Vardayini Dham: (Rupalnagar, near Kalol, Gujarat)
5113189849_696fa0873b_z.jpg

Rupalnagar was known as Rupavati during the time of Mahabharata. While going to Viraatnagari, Pandavas had performed a pooja of Bhagwati Arya over here. As this place was blessed by the Pandavas, the Devi was named Vardayini and the place was named Vardayini Dham. There is a very big temple of Devi Bhagwati over here and devotees in many numbers come to this temple.

Vardayini Dham: (Rupalnagar, near Kalol, Gujarat)
5113189849_696fa0873b_z.jpg

Rupalnagar was known as Rupavati during the time of Mahabharata. While going to Viraatnagari, Pandavas had performed a pooja of Bhagwati Arya over here. As this place was blessed by the Pandavas, the Devi was named Vardayini and the place was named Vardayini Dham. There is a very big temple of Devi Bhagwati over here and devotees in many numbers come to this temple.
Dwarka: (Gujarat)
5113151561_141f0a70f6_z.jpg

This is situated on the west coast of Gujarat and is an ancient city of the Mahabharata period. To protect the Yadavas from on and off attacks of Jarasandh, Lord Krishna shifted his capital from Mathura to Dwarka. In fact, there are two Dwarka cities. One is on the banks of River Gomati where Krishna settled the Yadavas and carried on the administration work of the state from there and the second one Bet Dwarka where the citizens resided. Marine Archeologists have found the sunken remains of Bet-Dwarka off the coast of Gujarat. It is estimated to be a couple of thousand years old.
Prabhas: (west coast of Gujarat)
5113151571_fe8aa56178_z.jpg

This is the famous place of pilgrimage located on the west seacoast of Gujarat. Dwarka is also located within this region. During the Mahabharata period, when Krishna shifted his capital from Mathura to Dwarka, he resided in Prabhas region. It was here only that the Yaduvanshis fought amongst themselves and died. It was in Prabhas that Lord Krishna was injured with the arrow of a hunter and left for his heavenly abode (Golok). After Krishna’s departure the whole area along with Dwarka sunk in the sea. Modern marine –archeologists have found remains of this old city from under the sea.
Avantika: (Ujjaini, Madhya Pradesh)
5113189859_94663d2d92_z.jpg

The present city Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh was famous in the name of Avantika or Avanti during the Mahabharata period. Rishi Sandipani’s ashram was in Avantika. Lord Krishna and Balram had taken their education (archery and use of weapons) from Sandipani. Avantika is considered one of the seven holy cities of India. There is Mahakal Ling here, one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. That is why Avantika is also called the city Of Mahakal.
Chedi: (Gwalior region, Madhya Pradesh)
5113151589_fff96dd0a1_z.jpg

Located between the River Ganga and Narmada in Madhya Pradesh, the city of Chedi was a grand city of the Mahabharata time. Shishupal, the King of Chedi was the maternal cousin of Shri Krishna. Shishupal wanted to marry Rukmani but Krishna abducted her and got married to her. Because of this, Shishupal always remained angry with Krishna. While performing the Rajsurya Yagya, when Yudhishthir wanted to give Krishna chief position, Chedi King Shishupal scandalized Krishna and told him all sort of words. At this, Krishna killed him. During the war of Mahabharata, the residents of Chedi supported the Kauravas.
Shonitpur: (Itarasi, Madhya Pradesh)
5113151577_c051224fa7_z.jpg

Shonitpur, a famous city during the Mahabharata time, was located near Suhagpur few kilometers away from Itarasi in Madhya Pradesh. This ancient city was the capital of Banasur. Banasur’s daughter Usha was married to Aniruddha, grandson of Lord Krishna. There is a temple of Lord Narsinha and is considered to be a place of pilgrimage.
Vidarbha: (Vidarbha Pradesh)
5113151583_699e0554e2_z.jpg

King Bhismak of Vidarbha, capital of Vidarbha Pradesh was a valorous person. At the time of the Surya Yagya organized by the Pandavas, he had captured the horse of the yagya. Due to this there was a fight between him and Sahadev and he was defeated. Bhismak was Jarasandh’s friend and considered Krishna as his enemy. Shri Krishna had kidnapped his daughter Rukmani and married her.
Revatak: (near Junagadh, Gujarat)
10116153815_a8beedd1e3_z.jpg

The Revatak Mountain near Junagadh in Gujarat is also known as Girnar. This Mountain is near Dwarka. Arjun had abducted Subhadra from near this Mountain and later with Krishna’s approval married her.

Indrakil: (one of the mountains of Himalaya Ranges)
5113151559_61006ec49c_z.jpg

Mandarachal, one of the mountains of the Himalayan range is also called Indrakil. After loosing everything in gamble, when Pandavas went to the Himalayas for penance, Arjun had performed deep penance on the Indrakil Mountain. It was on this Mountain, Lord Shiva in the disguise of a hunter fought with Arjun. On being pleased with valor of Arjun in the fight, Lord Shiva presented him Pashupat Astra.
Yayaatipur: (Cuttack, Orissa)
5113189861_6f11f2ec7b_z.jpg

Orissa’s present region Jajpur was known as Yayaatipur in the times of Mahabharata. The River Vaitarni flows from near this region. Pandavas, along with Maharshi Lomesh had offered Pind -dan (oblation of cooked rice to the manes- i.e. the spirit of those who are dead) to their ancestors over here. According to an ancient description, Brahmaji had performed ten Ashvamedh Yagya on the banks of River Vaitarni due to which this place became famous as a holy city. Mountains of Mahabharata period.

mahabharata places today - Cities of Mahabharata in the present time

Even for a moment lets say Harrapa is ancient to Pakistan. Those guys would be sorry to see their sorry state of affairs in present day Pakistan I mean they would be like woooah how the f*ck are we surronded by muslims and why not by our religion what went wrong where did our next generation go etc.......

What is Hinduism about exactly? Like what are the fundamental aspects of Hinduism? Any Hinduism for dummies books around? I know some stuff about christianity and judism since they are our sister faiths but very little about our neighbours.

Even for a moment lets say Harrapa is ancient to Pakistan. Those guys would be sorry to see their sorry state of affairs in present day Pakistan I mean they would be like woooah how the f*ck are we surronded by muslims and why not by our religion what went wrong where did our next generation go etc.......

I already told you and proved with sources that native Indians follow religion of aryans who were nomadic cattle thieves. They used to steal cattle from dasus/native Indian dravids and distribuite among aryans.

You guys should revert back to ancient religion of Indians, toka moka tribal religion still followed by junglis.

I already told you and proved with sources that native Indians follow religion of aryans who were nomadic cattle thieves. They used to steal cattle from dasus/native Indian dravids and distribuite among aryans.
wow!
From from where did you come up with that story??
Show me the links and the author.

Troy is a real geographic point while the story around it is a myth.
I hope you understood the context in which that example (troy along with Harappa) was quoted.

wow!
From from where did you come up with that story??
Show me the links and the author.
d.

Cattles stealing is main theme of Rig Veda and the reason battle of ten kings was fought between different rig vedic tribes of ancient Pakistan.

[10-048] HYMN XLVIII. Indra Vaikuntha.
2 I, Indra, am Atharvan's stay and firm support: I brought forth kine to Trita from the Dragon's grasp.
I stripped the Dasyus of their manly might, and gave the cattle-stalls to Matarigvan and Dadhyac.

http://www.sanskritweb.net/rigveda/griffith.pdf

dasus used to raise cattle and aryans steal it.

Last edited:
@Srinivas

Majority of Mahabharata is related to Ganga Valley like even the core sites like Hastinapur is on the banks of Ganga even Bhishma is called Gangaputra

Cattles stealing is main theme of Rig Veda and the reason battle of ten kings of fought between different rig vedic tribes of ancient Pakistan.

[10-048] HYMN XLVIII. Indra Vaikuntha.
2 I, Indra, am Atharvan's stay and firm support: I brought forth kine to Trita from the Dragon's grasp.
I stripped the Dasyus of their manly might, and gave the cattle-stalls to Matarigvan and Dadhyac.

http://www.sanskritweb.net/rigveda/griffith.pdf

dasus used to raise cattle and aryans steal it.
lol
That is your interpretation of the story.

Btw if the part of rigveda quoted by you is true then so this hymn....

[05-029] HYMN XXIX. Agni.
10 One car-wheel of the Sun thou rolledst forward, and one thou settest free to move for Kutsa.
Thou slewest noseless Dasyus with thy weapon, and in their home o'erthrewest hostile speakers.

10-022] HYMN XXII. Indra.
8 Around us is the Dasyu, riteless, void of sense, inhuman, keeping alien laws.
Baffle, thou Slayer of the foe, the weapon which this Dasa wields.

Now please dont tell me that we were fighting intergalactic wars. :lol:

lol
That is your interpretation of the story.

Btw if the part of rigveda quoted by you is true then so this hymn....

[05-029] HYMN XXIX. Agni.
10 One car-wheel of the Sun thou rolledst forward, and one thou settest free to move for Kutsa.
Thou slewest noseless Dasyus with thy weapon, and in their home o'erthrewest hostile speakers.

10-022] HYMN XXII. Indra.
8 Around us is the Dasyu, riteless, void of sense, inhuman, keeping alien laws.
Baffle, thou Slayer of the foe, the weapon which this Dasa wields.

Now please dont tell me that we were fighting intergalactic wars. :lol:

Bibi you know what alien laws mean, don't miss interpret what RV says. RV is very dear to Pakistanis.

Bibi you know what alien laws mean, don't miss interpret what RV says. RV is very dear to Pakistanis.
so be it!
But let me tell you that there is zilch truth in this story....

Aryans, if at all existed were the nomads who came and lived in circular huts.They came 500 years after the Sindhu-Saraswati civilisation had shifted its base to Ganga river.
upload_2015-5-29_0-9-57.png

Back
Top Bottom