What's new

Pakistani Japanese: The growing Pakistani population in Japan

Nice thread @Nihonjin1051 thank you for increasing knowledge :enjoy:, I personally think we have not given Japan importance what we should have given, as we may have a good friend and also may have opportunity for getting knowledge of very advance tech etc.

A cool little tidbit that I really like from the manga...

afuganisu_tan_ep09.jpg

@Basel , @That Guy ,

Yes, i don't think a lot of people in the west know this, but we do have a growing and flowering Pakistani-Japanese population. And i think its really needed. Right now there's around 10,000 people of Pakistani origin, this does not include the children of Pakistani - Japanese marriages, because the children who have Japanese blood are extended Japanese citizenship. So, we estimate that around 25,000 - 30,000 Japanese of Pakistani origin. This number should grow!

One thing that i like is that Pakistani-Japanese unions have a lot of children, and we definitely need this to increase our population. So, the more, the merrier.

------

Bazar ,Opening Ceremony Pakistan Japan Friendship Bazar 2013 Tokyo - YouTube

Interesting how everyone is a girl...
It's because nations are generally referred to as women, or motherlands, Germany and a few naitons being an exception.

@Basel , @That Guy ,

Yes, i don't think a lot of people in the west know this, but we do have a growing and flowering Pakistani-Japanese population. And i think its really needed. Right now there's around 10,000 people of Pakistani origin, this does not include the children of Pakistani - Japanese marriages, because the children who have Japanese blood are extended Japanese citizenship. So, we estimate that around 25,000 - 30,000 Japanese of Pakistani origin. This number should grow!

One thing that i like is that Pakistani-Japanese unions have a lot of children, and we definitely need this to increase our population. So, the more, the merrier.

------

Bazar ,Opening Ceremony Pakistan Japan Friendship Bazar 2013 Tokyo - YouTube
Don't the children get an opportunity to get a Pakistani citizenship? Generally speaking, I know that Pakistan has a program for foreign born children of Pakistani origin that gives automatic citizenship to the children.

One of our family friends son went to Japan in late 90s and got married their, now he is back in Pakistan with his family and his Japanese wife, she is very happy here, she speak fluent Urdu their children can speak Japanese & Urdu.

I find Japanese girl pretty attractive. :-)

It's because nations are generally referred to as women, or motherlands, Germany and a few naitons being an exception.

Don't the children get an opportunity to get a Pakistani citizenship? Generally speaking, I know that Pakistan has a program for foreign born children of Pakistani origin that gives automatic citizenship to the children.

Yes, they can . I think there is a dual citizenship program??

Is japan offer immigration like other countries in west??

Is japan offer immigration like other countries in west??

Yes, we have open immigration, but some policies have been placed in the past 10 years because of uncontrolled illegal immigration (mainly from China). This led Japanese immigration to be more stringent on all international immigrants.

But now, PM Shinzo Abe is now proposing to allow 200,000 immigrants a year, to offset our population growth. So good news!

Abe touts immigration, but refugees get shunned | The Japan Times

Haha I remember that manga! :D
though I meant more like A manga artist.

Did I ever tell you that I find Japanese women extremely beautiful ? :ashamed:

Thats it I'm going to Japan ! :smokin:

@Nihonjin1051 : Brother, a few questions if you may answer :

(i) How are Pakistan & Pakistanis perceived in Japan ?

(ii) Is English well-understood in Japan ?

(iii) Do Japanese universities offer graduate level studies in the English language ?

Did I ever tell you that I find Japanese women extremely beautiful ? :ashamed:

Thats it I'm going to Japan ! :smokin:

@Nihonjin1051 : Brother, a few questions if you may answer :

(i) How are Pakistan & Pakistanis perceived in Japan ?

(ii) Is English well-understood in Japan ?

(iii) Do Japanese universities offer graduate level studies in the English language ?

1. We have a very favorable view of Pakistan and Pakistani people. We do know that there is some instability in the northwest area of the country, but we have strong people to people relations because there are about 11,000 Pakistanis who live in Japan, and many of them are married to Japanese spouses. There is about 20,000- 30,000 Japanese of Pakistani blood (a product of our vibrant intermarriages!).

2. Yes, English is a modicum of communication, the younger generation of Japanese (40 years and younger) are well versed in English, but the older generation is not so fluent.

3. Yes, we have several graduate level studies in English. For example we have :
a) Hiroshima University
b)International Unviersity of Japan
c) Keio University
d) Kobe University
e) Ritsumeikan University
f)Saitama University
g) Waseda University
h) Sophia University
i) Temple University of Japan

and much more!

PS. When I attended college for my bachelors, i had many friends that were Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi international students. A lot of them were in engineering programs, and some were in industrial/organizational psychology program as i. Most of them stayed in Japan to work; its easier for international students to get jobs in Japan than professionals coming into the country for jobs (due to the immigration quota).

Btw, engineering positions in japan are very well paying:

Mechanical engineer makes about ¥ 6 - ¥ 6.5 million = $60,000 - $65,000.
Civil engineer about ¥6-7 million = $ 60,000- $69,000.

---------------------------
@kalu_miah , @BDforever , @UKBengali

There is also a large Bangladeshi population in Japan. About 11,000. This number does not include Japanese children who have Bangladeshi blood, as they, too are automatic Japanese citizens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom