What's new

Pakistani & Indian Artillery

I'm waiting for armata to be unveiled,all tank programmes around the world will take a small halt when the first new gen tank hits the field.

in todays digital war time are gone for artillery it is now who rules skies will rule land and sea thats for sure

Mobile MBRL are also excellent option due to great range.But yes Air forces now win wars.But in mountanous terrain arty is till very imp.

As long as IA is using these as their main tank rounds, PA has nothing to worry...

125 mm (t-90, Ajeya), penetration is mediocre 500 mm @ 2000 m range, 90 deg

125mm+APFSDS+Round.jpg

120 mm Arjun, penetration is only 300 mm @ 2000 m, way too short..

120mm+APFSDS+Round-1.jpg

Abrams was destroyed by advanced rpg-29 by a hit just over the tracks.This one frontal armour,thats all i was saying.Pakistani taliban don't have advanced RPGs ,old rpg-7s maybe.They shouldn't penetarte frontal armour.But yes suicide bombers,i can't say how much damage they would do. if they rammed in on the tank.
This original discussion spiralled out of control from a comparison between t-72 ajeya and al zarrar between me and desert fighter.I guess we have both said our part more or less and he made quite a few good points too,especially the ERA equipped al zarrar pics.We can return to artillery.

So you know what arsenal TTP has at her disposal, i knew it !!! :rofl:

PA is ahead in advanced artillery sector as of now.

No future tense or ranting please talk about current situation.

So you know what arsenal TTP has at her disposal, i knew it !!! :rofl:

PA is ahead in advanced artillery sector as of now.

No future tense or ranting please talk about current situation.

First i'm back after holiday.
2nd don't know any instance where TTP is said to have used rpg-29.Also still the actual article mentioning the attack on zarrar mentions suicide bombers not RPGs.
3rd ,agreed.PA has solid advantage over IA in artillery and this was stated by me right throughout the thread.

Pakistan is locally producing them at HIT...currently, we have only 57 ...It will take some time to manufacture them...and then they are ready to bang India's remaining FH-77 Bofors, which are dwindling quite fast..Say 410 in 1991 to 200 in 2012....:pakistan:
what is the status of Panter? how many we produced?

what is the status of Panter? how many we produced?
72-80..

They raised 1 regiment years ago.. others were being raised... a single regiment has 40 guns.. so even if they raised 2.. thats 80 guns.

However SIPRI claims 72.

Last edited:
5 saal pehle b 72 or ab b utne hi hn?
are we looking to buy new system?
You are right.. figure is from 2017-2014

BA614820-264E-4108-946B-840C65671FB6.png

Not sure about further procurements.

However Pak is in the market for towed guns and SPGs.

Koreans offered KH series (aswell as upgrade for older guns).

Denel with its Ts.

And SH-1s were trialled.

Its still speculation at this time.. and army is keeping quiet as usual...

5 saal pehle b 72 or ab b utne hi hn?
are we looking to buy new system?
Turkish Yawuz SPG trials were also observed by PA.

Back
Top Bottom